NT, what are some good cities to move to?

Just being curious as far as finding good paying jobs/low cost of living/and having fun stuff to do roundthe city...which city would yall recommend?

2 pages before this turns into a NY vs. LA thing, mix in a few southern cities.

Twin Cities.
grin.gif

Nawlins

Detroit

'Nati

new york, san francisco (LA's nice to visit but don't live there), chicago, philly, DC, Boston, Austin/Dallas/maybe Houston, Miami, Portland/Seattle ifyou don't mind the sometimes depressing season. Nowhere else is even worth considering.

/thread

I haven't traveled much, but I think I'd like to live in Atlanta at some point in my life.

Originally Posted by PhillyPG1

I always though San Fran would be a nice place to move.

it is a nice place to move, if you can afford it. cost of living there and most places in the bay is ridiculous. im lucky that my parents can afford a nicehouse because i have no idea how ill ever afford a really nice place in the bay, because even a 100K salary wont get you that much.

Chicago, Montreal, Charleston, Salt Lake City, Albuquerque, Santa Fe, Phoenix, Taos, Nashville.

Originally Posted by nawlinsjunkie

Originally Posted by PhillyPG1

I always though San Fran would be a nice place to move.

it is a nice place to move, if you can afford it. cost of living there and most places in the bay is ridiculous. im lucky that my parents can afford a nice house because i have no idea how ill ever afford a really nice place in the bay, because even a 100K salary wont get you that much.
San Fran just gives off a positive vibe to me for some reason.

Damn that much though....geez.

Originally Posted by Nako XL

new york, san francisco (LA's nice to visit but don't live there), chicago, philly, DC, Boston, Austin/Dallas/maybe Houston, Miami, Portland/Seattle if you don't mind the sometimes depressing season. Nowhere else is even worth considering.

/thread

did you read the part where he said low cost of living?

There are places to live in SF, on 100k. The condo's in SoMa have been hit by the glut of supply and therefore reset in price. You won't find a nicesized HOUSE w/o a sizable down payment, though. It's a densely populated area (not quite NYC) for such a small city (by most major city standards). You canmove outside of the actual SF city and live comfortably w/ 100k.

Denver......its a major city with plenty to do, the cost of living is the lowest I have ever seen for a large city, its beautiful....and most importantly,there are plenty of jobs!

It really is a great city
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif

denver_skyline_050906M127.jpg

800px-2006-03-26_Denver_Skyline_I-25_Speer.jpg

I'm looking to make the move to Amsterdam. If anyone has done this or currently resides there, PM me with some advice. Much appreciated.

Originally Posted by Nash

new york, san francisco (LA's nice to visit but don't live there), chicago, philly, DC, Boston, Austin/Dallas/maybe Houston, Miami, Portland/Seattle if you don't mind the sometimes depressing season. Nowhere else is even worth considering.

/thread

I read the part where he crossed that out..

Originally Posted by Nash

new york, san francisco (LA's nice to visit but don't live there), chicago, philly, DC, Boston, Austin/Dallas/maybe Houston, Miami, Portland/Seattle if
you don't mind the sometimes depressing season. Nowhere else is even worth considering.

/thread

laugh.gif

Back
Top Bottom