NT, What Are You Reading? Vol. 2010

Souls-of-Black-Folk.jpg

Have to read it for my Harlem Renaissance class.

Originally Posted by Lo Deini The Great

Originally Posted by its stanley

can someone recommend me a funny book that isn't a social commentary? preferably a story

Irecommended this in another thread. It's about a family from Harlem that summers in Long Island during the 1980s. The narrator is a total nerd andbasically makes fun of himself the whole book.
just got this, hope you're right about it being good

Originally Posted by CWrite78

Originally Posted by Lo Deini The Great

Originally Posted by its stanley

can someone recommend me a funny book that isn't a social commentary? preferably a story

Irecommended this in another thread. It's about a family from Harlem that summers in Long Island during the 1980s. The narrator is a total nerd andbasically makes fun of himself the whole book.
just got this, hope you're right about it being good
Any others? I read some reviews and a synopsis on this book and I'm not sure I want to buy it.
Reading Slaughterhouse Five right now.

9780743254267-l.jpg

a great look into MJ's struggles during his days as a Wizards executive and the shortcomings of his last comeback. Its a beautifully written book and gives you a look at Jordan that other journalists did not dare write about. HIGHLY RECOMMENDED.

Just finished "A Thousand Splendid Suns" (Khaled Hosseini). Had a bunch of free time and couldn't put it down. Amazing novel, paints a very vivid picture of life/heartache in Afghanistan through the last few decades.

Originally Posted by sosly

I picked these two up at my school library:
180px-PrideandPrejudiceandZombiesCover.jpg

I was surprised they had the zombie one.
smile.gif
i'm reading the zombie survival guide right now.
is pride and prejudice and zombies a good book?

civil_war_1_cvr.jpg

Ultimate_Comics_Spider-Man%282%29.jpg

gangleaderforaday-bookcover.jpg

I'm planning on buying this...I read that it will be made into a movie directed by Craig Brewer,who did Hustle And Flow and Black Snake Moan

Back
Top Bottom