NT, What Are You Reading? Vol. 2010

0743230108.01.LZZZZZZZ.jpg

just finished outliers by malcolm gladwell. I'm now more than halfway done with Atlas Shrugged by Ayn Rand.

Originally Posted by EdZ OnE

just finished outliers by malcolm gladwell. I'm now more than halfway done with Atlas Shrugged by Ayn Rand.
that's a great book. i plan on rereading it pretty soon.

I just gave up on Ulysses after 2 and a half weeks, 200 pages in. I want to finish it at some point, but if I torture myself on it now I'm going to miss out on enjoying lots of other books.

Got that last lecture, 48 laws of power, alchemist, law of success, book of basketball, and that oscar wao book on my iphone...... will probably finish last lecture first. will report back on status

Originally Posted by The Yes Guy

I just gave up on Ulysses after 2 and a half weeks, 200 pages in. I want to finish it at some point, but if I torture myself on it now I'm going to miss out on enjoying lots of other books.

That's one of the most dense books I've ever read. I took a full semester course on it in school.

In related news, I'm bringing this out today.

I was able to get through Portrait, but turning the pages of Ulysses and noticing there were 600 more just like the ones I'd read was just too daunting.

just read Angels & Demons, The Da Vinci Code (btw Dan Brown is great), and the jester by james patterson

Not as heavy as most reads in here but The Last Juror by John Grisham
Great story and finished it in two days because it an easy read...

Originally Posted by ikari XD

Originally Posted by viiheaven

saxowj.jpg

This is a must read if you're a hardcore fan of basketball (as I assume much of #NT is). Aside from his ridiculous Celtics bias and hatred for the Lakers/Wilt/Vince, this book is incredible and you have to read all the footnotes. Fellow NT'er CheGTR put me on. I started it about 3 weeks ago, its about 700 pages and I'm just about halfway through.. I read it casually on the train or when I'm bored.
actually was my first purchase for my nook. i've been hooked, reading it at stoplights and @#*%
laugh.gif
. also makes me want to spend my summer at the topless pool at the wynn. you never know what kinds of knowledge youll acquire when putting yourself in a good spot like that.

in the mood for something contemporary and not wack. either in the romance or historical fiction category. suggestions?
gotta read this sometime in the summer

Originally Posted by xX LeGod Xx

saxowj.jpg

This is a must read if you're a hardcore fan of basketball (as I assume much of #NT is). Aside from his ridiculous Celtics bias and hatred for the Lakers/Wilt/Vince, this book is incredible and you have to read all the footnotes. Fellow NT'er CheGTR put me on. I started it about 3 weeks ago, its about 700 pages and I'm just about halfway through.. I read it casually on the train or when I'm bored.
actually was my first purchase for my nook. i've been hooked, reading it at stoplights and @#*%
laugh.gif
. also makes me want to spend my summer at the topless pool at the wynn. you never know what kinds of knowledge youll acquire when putting yourself in a good spot like that.

in the mood for something contemporary and not wack. either in the romance or historical fiction category. suggestions?
gotta read this sometime in the summer

spoiler/warning bill simmons has a VERY distinct style/voice, so you might want to browse through it or some of his other writing to see if you are with it, lots of tangents with pop culture references it isn't for eveyone...it is an EPIC book (as far as a sports book goes) and a good deal of it is in footnotes, but its worth the read...

saxowj.jpg

laugh.gif

Mine just came in the mail. +$** Infinite Jest, this is my mega-novel of the year.

Back
Top Bottom