NT, what do you think about becoming a resident assistant?

Originally Posted by Whateversclever

RA's still drink and smoke and have sex...
Do it.

The thing about RA's at my school is.. when my school holds parties they can't go because those days they have to be on duty.. but besides that its allgood.. LOTS of money saved.

I was an RA last year before I graduated..I honestly applied for the job for the money and benefits without knowing the actual circumstances.

Needless to say, I did enjoy the job. There are times where things will get a little annoying and tedious like planning events/programs (that most won'teven go to), weekly meetings, RD one on one meetings, staff bonding and other things previously mentioned...but being held in regard as a "source" ina building full of idiots does help your people skills / communication
laugh.gif
. I honestly learned a lot from the whole experience and came out more professional and outspoken.

Interviews aren't hard now, and having RA plasted on your resume and working in a team environment is always a plus.

You'll be surprised but from everyone I know who was an RA..their grades/GPA skyrocketed while being an RA..I took 18 and 19 credits respectively whileholding the job and you become more organized and dedicated to your work.

and I am in no way shape or form a "stay inside" and chill type dude...being on duty was definitely wack and I was only in my room when I had work toget done...if I wasn't busy and was on duty, I just forwarded my dorm phone to my cell phone and roamed campus
pimp.gif
...my residents didn't look at me as a stiff either..no way in hell would Iwrite people with all the paperwork ahead of that..only in extreme circumstances would i put someone on blast..other than that..just a warning..let the foolsdrink
laugh.gif

and tons of free shirts and other misc things? do it.

Back
Top Bottom