NT What Was Your First Job Like? Vol. Am I Wrong?

I work at McDonalds and its my first job. Im 19. Recently they start havin me do janitor type $#+! and clean bathrooms and all that. Ive been there 7 months and this Im sure was not in  the job description. Now they talkin bout i gotta clean stalls and stuff.
indifferent.gif
 The only people that clean the lobby are me and the mexicans. I dont wanna be the "Im too good for that" guy but at the same time I dont need this job i live at home free and Im in college sooo...

Did yal have to do this kinda of stuff yal first time? Am just being a %++!% or should i just tell them no?

I work at McDonalds and its my first job. Im 19. Recently they start havin me do janitor type $#+! and clean bathrooms and all that. Ive been there 7 months and this Im sure was not in  the job description. Now they talkin bout i gotta clean stalls and stuff.
indifferent.gif
 The only people that clean the lobby are me and the mexicans. I dont wanna be the "Im too good for that" guy but at the same time I dont need this job i live at home free and Im in college sooo...

Did yal have to do this kinda of stuff yal first time? Am just being a %++!% or should i just tell them no?

Originally Posted by adiosburritos

if you want to continue to work there do what they tell you
This.  Can't work in fast food without keeping your ego in check.  If you really don't like it and can do without the money, aint nothing wrong with leaving though.

This.  Can't work in fast food without keeping your ego in check.  If you really don't like it and can do without the money, aint nothing wrong with leaving though.

also if you don't need the job why don't you find an internship, job or volunteer work that is related to what you are majoring in

i worked at papa johns...and it was about 7 months in

i worked at the airport papa johns and there was 2 locations...they would let people leave before closing but i would always close and clean the store i worked at...one day i was done cleaning and about to clock off and they wanted me to go clean the other one because they let people leave early and only left the managers who didnt clean or do anything, now i have done this before just to be helpful and i felt they were taking advantage of me...so i said i didnt feel like doing it that they shouldnt let people leave early and not clean...owner got an attitude with me
laugh.gif
so i told him f off, then he tried to make me sign insubordination paper i refused and i walked out and he tried to slam the door on me
laugh.gif

i worked at papa johns...and it was about 7 months in

i worked at the airport papa johns and there was 2 locations...they would let people leave before closing but i would always close and clean the store i worked at...one day i was done cleaning and about to clock off and they wanted me to go clean the other one because they let people leave early and only left the managers who didnt clean or do anything, now i have done this before just to be helpful and i felt they were taking advantage of me...so i said i didnt feel like doing it that they shouldnt let people leave early and not clean...owner got an attitude with me
laugh.gif
so i told him f off, then he tried to make me sign insubordination paper i refused and i walked out and he tried to slam the door on me
laugh.gif

also if you don't need the job why don't you find an internship, job or volunteer work that is related to what you are majoring in

Originally Posted by 2SeatPort

This.  Can't work in fast food without keeping your ego in check. 
This. I say keep the job OP. I'm in a similar situation, but mine is more so from F'ing up in my younger years so now I'm playing catch up.

I say stay, bust your butt and show them you'll do whatever and do it better than anyone else. I was going to quit my current/1st job but I'd rather stay and see how far I can make it up the company ladder. Right now I do dish washing/make food/cash register. I want to move up into a shift manager then GM role if its possible. It guarantees a job out of college making 30-35K. From there I could try to move up further but I'll probably end up trying to go to a big corporate company or go into my field of choice.

Always leave your options open in the work force. Never know what doors can open from sticking through the hard times.

Originally Posted by 2SeatPort

This.  Can't work in fast food without keeping your ego in check. 
This. I say keep the job OP. I'm in a similar situation, but mine is more so from F'ing up in my younger years so now I'm playing catch up.

I say stay, bust your butt and show them you'll do whatever and do it better than anyone else. I was going to quit my current/1st job but I'd rather stay and see how far I can make it up the company ladder. Right now I do dish washing/make food/cash register. I want to move up into a shift manager then GM role if its possible. It guarantees a job out of college making 30-35K. From there I could try to move up further but I'll probably end up trying to go to a big corporate company or go into my field of choice.

Always leave your options open in the work force. Never know what doors can open from sticking through the hard times.

laugh.gif
My first job was at Mcdonalds too, but it was at the Wal-mart ones so we didn't have our own washroom, I actually quit a month back before I turned 19 worked there for about 8 months, the reason I quit though is I just got bored of working there most of the co-workers/managers I was cool with started working elsewhere and I would only work weekday closing shifts by myself in the back

Basically I just did it for the experience, the money wasn't really that important I'm trying to get a job in retail now in the mall
grin.gif
plus I had no intentions of trying to get promoted and that's the only reason I can think of why anyone would stay at McDonald's in the first place

laugh.gif
My first job was at Mcdonalds too, but it was at the Wal-mart ones so we didn't have our own washroom, I actually quit a month back before I turned 19 worked there for about 8 months, the reason I quit though is I just got bored of working there most of the co-workers/managers I was cool with started working elsewhere and I would only work weekday closing shifts by myself in the back

Basically I just did it for the experience, the money wasn't really that important I'm trying to get a job in retail now in the mall
grin.gif
plus I had no intentions of trying to get promoted and that's the only reason I can think of why anyone would stay at McDonald's in the first place

My first job was Taco Bell, back when i was still in HS, i was 18.... Usually the dudes you would see doing all the cleaning were the lazy ones or the ones just walking around doing s#$%, so step your game up if you want to stay out of all that... Do work son!!!

My first job was Taco Bell, back when i was still in HS, i was 18.... Usually the dudes you would see doing all the cleaning were the lazy ones or the ones just walking around doing s#$%, so step your game up if you want to stay out of all that... Do work son!!!

I think UPS was my first job. I agree with you though, $#%% cleaning bathrooms. I wouldn't do that unless I absolutely had to, I don't even like cleaning my own bathroom, no way I'm cleaning someone else's #@** (literally) for minimum wage

I think UPS was my first job. I agree with you though, $#%% cleaning bathrooms. I wouldn't do that unless I absolutely had to, I don't even like cleaning my own bathroom, no way I'm cleaning someone else's #@** (literally) for minimum wage

it was a place that made headstones...

i sat in an office with a war vet and he would just tell me stories for the whole summer

i would have to go through the obituaries and mail brochures to the families of the people that died...it was real awkward

it was a place that made headstones...

i sat in an office with a war vet and he would just tell me stories for the whole summer

i would have to go through the obituaries and mail brochures to the families of the people that died...it was real awkward

laugh.gif

If you don't need the gig then quit.There's mad heads out here looking for work.

laugh.gif

If you don't need the gig then quit.There's mad heads out here looking for work.

I've been workin at McD's for 2 years now about, and it's real chill there. Mine is pretty small though.

Back
Top Bottom