NT What Was Your First Job Like? Vol. Am I Wrong?

Mojodmonky1 wrote:.
laugh.gif
 seriously.  I had my first job at 15 working at a putt putt golf place.  $4.25 an hour (min wage at the time in CA).
Yup damn I remember $4.25/hour.  I was only 15, faked my work permit from school indicating that I was 16, and worked as the drive thru cashier at an El Pollo Loco over a summer.  I was the only one that could speak English so they put me there.  However I was also making an additional $50 to $100 by not entering sales in the register and just pocketing it.
laugh.gif
 Overall not a bad first gig and probably why I am so fluent in Spanish today. 

Mojodmonky1 wrote:.
laugh.gif
 seriously.  I had my first job at 15 working at a putt putt golf place.  $4.25 an hour (min wage at the time in CA).
Yup damn I remember $4.25/hour.  I was only 15, faked my work permit from school indicating that I was 16, and worked as the drive thru cashier at an El Pollo Loco over a summer.  I was the only one that could speak English so they put me there.  However I was also making an additional $50 to $100 by not entering sales in the register and just pocketing it.
laugh.gif
 Overall not a bad first gig and probably why I am so fluent in Spanish today. 

I was 15 made $5.25 an hour at Putt Putt Fun Center.

Reffed laser tag
Fixex/played arcade games
Gave prizes to satanic children (worst part)

worked there for 6 year.

I was 15 made $5.25 an hour at Putt Putt Fun Center.

Reffed laser tag
Fixex/played arcade games
Gave prizes to satanic children (worst part)

worked there for 6 year.

If you're qualified for better, then go get it.

If not, deal with it. One day you'll be on fries, and that's when the big bucks start rolling in.

My first job was at 15, bagging groceries at a local supermarket. Made $7/hr, time and a half on Sundays, double on certain holidays.

If you're qualified for better, then go get it.

If not, deal with it. One day you'll be on fries, and that's when the big bucks start rolling in.

My first job was at 15, bagging groceries at a local supermarket. Made $7/hr, time and a half on Sundays, double on certain holidays.

1st job was sonic and i never cleaned any bathrooms. i actually really enjoyed that job lol. i was 16

1st job was sonic and i never cleaned any bathrooms. i actually really enjoyed that job lol. i was 16

Originally Posted by HipHopDoc09

I work at McDonalds and its my first job. Im 19. Recently they start havin me do janitor type $#+! and clean bathrooms and all that. Ive been there 7 months and this Im sure was not in  the job description. Now they talkin bout i gotta clean stalls and stuff.
indifferent.gif
 The only people that clean the lobby are me and the mexicans. I dont wanna be the "Im too good for that" guy but at the same time I dont need this job i live at home free and Im in college sooo...

Did yal have to do this kinda of stuff yal first time? Am just being a %++!% or should i just tell them no?

I was in the same situation awhile back i ended up quitting after 3 months 
My ego was too big to work their 
laugh.gif

But the best thing that come out of it was i become more focus with school and other business ventures because i told myself i never wanted to work at a job like that again

Originally Posted by HipHopDoc09

I work at McDonalds and its my first job. Im 19. Recently they start havin me do janitor type $#+! and clean bathrooms and all that. Ive been there 7 months and this Im sure was not in  the job description. Now they talkin bout i gotta clean stalls and stuff.
indifferent.gif
 The only people that clean the lobby are me and the mexicans. I dont wanna be the "Im too good for that" guy but at the same time I dont need this job i live at home free and Im in college sooo...

Did yal have to do this kinda of stuff yal first time? Am just being a %++!% or should i just tell them no?

I was in the same situation awhile back i ended up quitting after 3 months 
My ego was too big to work their 
laugh.gif

But the best thing that come out of it was i become more focus with school and other business ventures because i told myself i never wanted to work at a job like that again

3131_2404_400_f

American eagle

Don't think i could wear them...and im white...white hipsters basically made these popular a year or two ago.  I would need a fixed gear a messenger bag and over sized eye glasses...

3131_2404_400_f

American eagle

Don't think i could wear them...and im white...white hipsters basically made these popular a year or two ago.  I would need a fixed gear a messenger bag and over sized eye glasses...

first job was handing out fliers on a crowded shopping street for a short lived cell phone store when i was 15. $7/h off the books after school. lasted a few months until they let me go in order to buy a new sign for the store
laugh.gif
30t6p3b.gif

first job was handing out fliers on a crowded shopping street for a short lived cell phone store when i was 15. $7/h off the books after school. lasted a few months until they let me go in order to buy a new sign for the store
laugh.gif
30t6p3b.gif

My first job was at a recycling plant. My main duty was to work the conveyor belt/baler separating the trash from the recyclable materials. This consisted in me literately being knee-deep in garbage and aluminum cans with liquids still pouring from cans. To this day, I still remember a garbage bag full of fish and this was around summer time in the blistering heat. 
sick.gif
I would go home everyday covered in disgusting liquids and filth, with my nose stuffed with black gunk. All this for about .75 cents over minimum wage.

With all that said, I didn't last there very long. The actual work was one thing, but I refused to be treated the way I was, especially considered I worked fairly hard. I'm not gonna be someone's punching bag.

I'm not gonna tell you what to do as far as your situation goes, but if you need/want money, at very least try lining up a job before you quit your current one. I made the mistake of not doing that. Sometimes you'll have to put up with doing dirty work and mistreatment from the higher-ups. Unfortunately that's part of life and I'm not necessarily saying anyone has to put up with that, but do what you have to do, whether that means simply doing what is asked at your current gig, or bust your butt and look for something better for yourself. Good luck.

My first job was at a recycling plant. My main duty was to work the conveyor belt/baler separating the trash from the recyclable materials. This consisted in me literately being knee-deep in garbage and aluminum cans with liquids still pouring from cans. To this day, I still remember a garbage bag full of fish and this was around summer time in the blistering heat. 
sick.gif
I would go home everyday covered in disgusting liquids and filth, with my nose stuffed with black gunk. All this for about .75 cents over minimum wage.

With all that said, I didn't last there very long. The actual work was one thing, but I refused to be treated the way I was, especially considered I worked fairly hard. I'm not gonna be someone's punching bag.

I'm not gonna tell you what to do as far as your situation goes, but if you need/want money, at very least try lining up a job before you quit your current one. I made the mistake of not doing that. Sometimes you'll have to put up with doing dirty work and mistreatment from the higher-ups. Unfortunately that's part of life and I'm not necessarily saying anyone has to put up with that, but do what you have to do, whether that means simply doing what is asked at your current gig, or bust your butt and look for something better for yourself. Good luck.

My first job was at 14 at an electrical manufacturing company because my father worked there. I was doing the wiring and assembling lighting fixtures, one of the best jobs!
Although when it was slow i had to cut grass, wash cars or even just go get food. Pretty much at a job, expect to do more than what is stated in the description. If you need the money, just stay there and remember what you are working for. If not, leave it and look for a new one.

My first job was at 14 at an electrical manufacturing company because my father worked there. I was doing the wiring and assembling lighting fixtures, one of the best jobs!
Although when it was slow i had to cut grass, wash cars or even just go get food. Pretty much at a job, expect to do more than what is stated in the description. If you need the money, just stay there and remember what you are working for. If not, leave it and look for a new one.

Back
Top Bottom