NTers that Know Wine

I'm trying to buy a good bottle of wine as a gift. What's a good bottle of wine and how much am I looking to spend? Thanks.

Sincerely,
A clueless NTer

you probably couldnt ask a more vague question.
if the people you are buying for are very into their wine i suggest you buy them something else.

but for starters...what kind of wine are you looking to buy?
a "good" wine can literally costs thousands of dollars.

I'm not looking to spend a grand on a bottle of wine. I don't even know what kind of wine I'm looking to buy. Hmm... I might need to rethink this.
laugh.gif

Cab, zin, chard, merlot? Do you know what they like? A good pinot noir goes well with turkey. Hmmm you can even check out a place like Safeway, they have apretty respectable selection. Bottles from 20 - 50 dollars.

$100 could get a you a bottle of Beaulieu "Georges de Latour" Reserve Cabernet Sauvignon. It's a nice bottle but wine is really all aboutpreference of the person drinking it.

Originally Posted by Paul Is On Tilt

I'm not looking to spend a grand on a bottle of wine. I don't even know what kind of wine I'm looking to buy. Hmm... I might need to rethink this.
laugh.gif
a gift for who? if your goal is to impress someone, you're gonna come of looking cheesy and corny buying $1000 wine. if it's for yourgirlfriend parents or something
"freixenet" pronounced "fray-shun-ney" it's a veryaffordable brut that parallels moet. it has an nice box and it's really good especially on dates

wink.gif
. if you're trying to go a step up kendall jackson
pimp.gif
another affordable wine with expensive taste. it's the house wine of olivegarden times square, which is the best olive garden in the world.

as you all know i'm a forum rat and feel a message board can be a positive and reliable source of information with serious and intelligent post. i onlygive advice through experience. i work in nightclubs and even the "ballers" choose freixenet because women cant tell the difference. so paul this ismy contribution, i hope it helps.
smokin.gif
pimp.gif

2ewh98l.jpg

In all honesty, giving a $100 bottle of wine to someone who doesn't know anything about wine is not a good gift.

If they can't tell the difference between a 10 dollar and 100 dollar bottle except for the price tag then it's a waste of money if you ask me.

Originally Posted by Kakashi

Originally Posted by Paul Is On Tilt

laugh.gif
a gift for who? if your goal is to impress someone, you're gonna come of looking cheesy and corny buying $1000 wine. if it's for your girlfriend parents or something
"freixenet" pronounced "fray-shun-ney" it's a very affordable brut that parallels moet. it has an nice box and it's really good especially on dates

wink.gif
. if you're trying to go a step up kendall jackson
pimp.gif
another affordable wine with expensive taste. it's the house wine of olive garden times square, which is the best olive garden in the world.

as you all know i'm a forum rat and feel a message board can be a positive and reliable source of information with serious and intelligent post. i only give advice through experience. i work in nightclubs and even the "ballers" choose freixenet because women cant tell the difference. so paul this is my contribution, i hope it helps.
smokin.gif
pimp.gif

2ewh98l.jpg

Agreed, K Jackson is straight fire in my area. The chard is a constant seller. But Kakashi knows what he's talking about, don't mess with cooks or evenkorbel
sick.gif
You can always special order a whole case of something too likesomeone mentioned above. 12 bottles @ 10.99-13.99 ea = $130-$180

Back
Top Bottom