NTers who joined from 1999 to 2002....come in here real quick.

I might as well joined back in 2002. Its obviously not the way it use to be. I remember when you could pick up an eastbay catalog and phone in Js straight from the book. Those days are no more. Now they dont even put the shoes in the book because the shoes sell out in minutes.

I remember showing up 20-45 min before the mall/store would open you where guarDAMNtee Your size.

I remember when my boys worked at FL in the late 90's/early 00's and reproducing the FL Employee Gold Coins/Tokens and heading to different malls to use them.

AF I for $7.50.

When Jordans came out on Weds. and if you had friends that worked there with cool managers....they would sell you things early out of shipments.

I joined back in 02 and stalked NT daily! I made my first post a year later. I was so proud that I visited NT daily without fail for 7 years straight and my post count was less than 100. There was so much entertainment, stories and random stuff, it was my one-stop shop for everything cyber! I never needed to add to psts coz all my views had already been said by many others. 

I'm from Australia and many NTers helped me secure US releases at near normal prices. Black Laser IVs for $250 and 2006 Thunder and Lights pack for $850 shipped to Australia. Dudes were more than willing to help out fellow NTers but those days seem long gone. Now I frequent every couple days for my sneaker news and my daily cyber gossip.   

When NT split a few years back I got a little lost. Wasn't sure which way to go... but ended up here... Seem to have made the right choice...

I think. 

Ventured back after a decade-long absence, more or less, to sell some brand spanking new first generation Nike Dunk SBs I found buried away in storage (check'em out, if interested :D). I own one pair of sneakers for actual running. The rest of my shoes are casual, dress, or comfy. I occasionally talk to the youths about how, "back in my day, yadda yadda yadda." I was apprehensive about surfing the forums tonight, since I hate this generation, their lingo, music, faces. What in the hell is 'hypebeast?' :x I feel like the old man from Shawshank Redemption who became institutionalized...I'm going back to Reddit.

"BROOKS WAS HERE"

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom