NTers who joined from 1999 to 2002....come in here real quick.

Who remembers retrokid.com and Alex aka retrokid/jumpmanst he used to be a mod here but then had a conflict of interest or something possibly went to work for Nike. Used to salivate over the pics on that site. All angles of the early sbs, Jordan's and other dope nikes

I found NT back in 2002/2003 and joined in 2004. When they changed the whole look, I lost my account again so I made this current one. s,

The sneaker culture has changed in a good and bad way. Seems like more people now a days care more about the money rather than the value. Back then, people would die or appreciate what shoes they have especially the original pairs. It's funny how a lot them aren't valued and over looked. I've been obtaining original Jordan's for super cheap while everyone is paying outrageous prices for Lebrons, Kobes, KD's, Foams etc. Must be the new thing. It's been 10 years now that I really got into shoes and it's about the same really. I find myself collecting now and hunting down stuff I wish I had 5-10 years ago because I never had the funds but now I do. 

Last edited:
Comeback?
laugh.gif

It's nike's fastest growing market; just because they aren't hypebeast wear anymore

Comeback
laugh.gif
It's running footwear that is the current fastest growing market.

Also when I mean come back, I mean bring back what I missed out on. Demand for 2002-2006 releases is not that high and the people who are selling what prices even more insane than the old sb days.

I too miss shoetrends. Looking at XI's on there after release for $225 and scoffing at the price...
mean.gif
laugh.gif
 give me a time machine. 

In my 13 years on here, I don't think I've ever read an entire post from Ninja Hood. I see the Reptile avy and know bad grammar (intentionally used) will be used profusely. No offense.
roll.gif
roll.gif

Please can this be veteran confessions?

1. I miss Kicksology... a lot. I follow that dude on Twitter still.

2. Shynop was the funniest dude I've almost ever seen online. A true legend.
Wait, professor K is on twitter? Must follow....I used to go to kicksology damn near every day, the reviews were on point. 

Last edited:
I too miss shoetrends. Looking at XI's on there after release for $225 and scoffing at the price...:smh: :lol:  give me a time machine. 

For real I use to :smh: at shoetrends prices but how things are these days man that's like a bargain.

Shoetrends actually wasn't as bad though on the prices if I remember correctly.

They weren't trying to bang you over the head or anything like that, but it wasn't retail.

^ Nah, outside of XI's and some foams, they were decent. I think they even sold shoes under retail price if I remember correctly. I'll never forget when I went back to the site after a long time, it changed. I think it changed to deadstockshoes.com or something. I just looked it up and now it's a FB page...
indifferent.gif
. This is just depressing 
laugh.gif
. I also miss what ISS was before it was sold. If you knew what to look for, it was decent. I got my Colombia XI's off there for $169, after they were on sale for $99 for a whole year. Anyone who said it was their grail is a liar, they had a shot to cop for $100 for a year and no one even bothered 
mean.gif

^ Nah, outside of XI's and some foams, they were decent. I think they even sold shoes under retail price if I remember correctly. I'll never forget when I went back to the site after a long time, it changed. I think it changed to deadstockshoes.com or something. I just looked it up and now it's a FB page...
indifferent.gif
laugh.gif
. I also miss what ISS was before it was sold. If you knew what to look for, it was decent. I got my Colombia XI's off there for $169, after they were on sale for $99 for a whole year. Anyone who said it was their grail is a liar, they had a shot to cop for $100 for a year and no one even bothered 
mean.gif
Bro the ISS marketplace used to be AWESOME. You could pretty much find anything you wanted at a fair price. When they got that foolish idea to change their marketplace design, they messed up a good thing. Ugh still mad. It was even easier to sell kicks.

They don't even seem to do legit checks anymore in their marketplace. They might as well just become a sneaker blogging site

indifferent.gif
laugh.gif
mean.gif
Bro the ISS marketplace used to be AWESOME. You could pretty much find anything you wanted at a fair price. When they got that foolish idea to change their marketplace design, they messed up a good thing. Ugh still mad. It was even easier to sell kicks.

They don't even seem to do legit checks anymore in their marketplace. They might as well just become a sneaker blogging site
I'm talking about ISS before they even had a marketplace when they sold kicks directly. This was a looong time ago. By the time the marketplace came around I was already ghost from that site. I heard good things about their marketplace and how it used to be though.

I'm talking about ISS before they even had a marketplace when they sold kicks directly. This was a looong time ago. By the time the marketplace came around I was already ghost from that site. I heard good things about their marketplace and how it used to be though.
Bro I used to be able to sell kicks in a couple of hours. I used to be able to find grails for fair price(was broke most of the time time).

It was really good. Their forums have always been ehhhh so I've stuck to NT no matter how many times I've been banned.

I feel like the whole internet in general is just too much for me to keep up with these days. It's as if there's a new social network every few months, and american society itself has changed a lot. From little girls "twerking" for "likes" from 30 year old men, to mainstream music being as raunchy and terrible as it is. It's just moving too fast for me. 

I've been on NT since 2003, and back then the sneaker game and this community as a whole was special to me. I was young back then and looked at the niketalk community as a mature and smart group of individuals who shared this passion with me...I didn't feel that strange anymore. I remember checking out the WDYWT and pick-up threads daily, in awe of the sneakers as well as the photography of some members (i2cky comes to mind..), who always wore dope sneakers but also allowed us a look into their daily lives through our connection with sneakers.

And when the whole conflict happened between ISS and NT, where we had members on both forums choosing sides, I didn't think twice about sticking with NT. There was just something about the candidness and maturity of this community that felt like home to me. As well as the great moderation by the staff, and the noble and admirable conduct of Method Man, who I believe sets the precedent of what NT will always be at heart.

I remember back then members like myself and others would genuinely become upset about releases that were overpriced or lacking in quality from JB. It's almost as if we loved these sneakers so much that we were all blinded by the fact that profits and bigger paydays for the people at Nike and JB are far more important than the wishes of this small community. But we still had that hope.

But as the years progressed, and GR prices became higher and higher, quality showed no signs of improving, and colorways that were on fake sneaker websites we once laughed at started releasing, that hope and passion we once had diminished. If Nike and JB themselves have no passion in the products they are releasing, why should we? It's as if I felt betrayed by the company I once loved and it's direction as the years progressed.

But at the end of it, I just can't see myself ever leaving NT. I'll always be here, in appreciation for it's hard work, dedication, and passion toward helping members who were brought together by this once  odd hobby of sneaker obsession feel right at home. Thank you Niketalk

Last edited:

Bro I used to be able to sell kicks in a couple of hours. I used to be able to find grails for fair price(was broke most of the time time).

It was really good. Their forums have always been ehhhh so I've stuck to NT no matter how many times I've been banned.
Damn, I guess I missed out on some potential good deals then 

Fount NT in 99-00 joined a year or so later, but ISS and Shoetrends had what we thought were RAPE prices, but boy were we wrong.

Anybody remember Shoebacca and gamewornuniforms on eBay? Used to be able to get P.Es DS for like 39.99. Shoebacca still exists but they suck now, they're like Famous Footwear status.

FootAction's bogo tent sale > * I got my Hyperflights then, first shoe I ever dunked in a game in. I think the Disruptors (Jason Williams shoe) were the first dunk for me IIRC

Wait, professor K is on twitter? Must follow....I used to go to kicksology damn near every day, the reviews were on point. 

joined in 07 after lurking for years.

kicksology was amazing, i frequented that site so much lol. i remember being in denial when it went down :smh:

As for my experience with sneaker culture, i still love sneakers but the "culture" aspect of it all has really died for me and that has ultimately changed my commitment to it. When i started collecting sneakers, the appeal was obviously grounded in my love for the aesthetics but a major part of it was the sort of solidarity and subtext associate with the "game". When ppl started rocking the profile pics licking their kicks, wearing different shoes on each feet...etc :smh:

Not into sneakers much anymore. They messed up my date by a year I believe, but I had been lurking NT since about 01 I believe. Just cop a few retros here and there for the nostalgia or because I wasn't able to when I was younger and that's about it.

Shoetrends used to hook it up and send out kicks before the release date, probably a week in advance and I thought I was doing it lol. They were a good reliable website to purchase from.

As for the kick game, it's not dead..it's just a lot different than back in the day. I like most OG dudes, have most of the stuff we want so we just cop here and there. All these youngsters paying $300-$400 for kicks are silly, but whatever. I'm older and don't care about kicks as much but will always be a sneakerhead, whatever that means these days.

Lol couldn't care less about sneakers nowadays. There is no way in hell I could justify spending the amount of money now, that I once did in College.

Anybody remember Shoebacca and gamewornuniforms on eBay? Used to be able to get P.Es DS for like 39.99. Shoebacca still exists but they suck now, they're like Famous Footwear status.

FootAction's bogo tent sale > * I got my Hyperflights then, first shoe I ever dunked in a game in. I think the Disruptors (Jason Williams shoe) were the first dunk for me IIRC

That's where I copped Ray Allen PE and Eddie Jones PE XV's back in the day. Under $40 a pop.

I first signed up for Ebay in 1998 and from 98-03 or so it was like the Gold Rush on there. Once Ebay linked with PayPal it was all downhill though.

Back
Top Bottom