Nt'ers with their own place and job step in.

So I've been asking this hypothetical question to coworkers and have been shocked with some of the answers. So here it is:

A bag of money shows up on your doorstep with your name on it worth 3 million dollars.
The money is legal and cannot be taxed in any way.
You have no children or anyone you claim responsibility for.
Your health is at its best.
You can do as you please with the money.
Can you manage to not dip below 1.5 million of the 3 for the remainder of your lifespan?
EDIT: (Forgot the most important part)
You can continue to work as you please.

Last edited:
Man i just buy a house wit a big garage and turn the garage into a lil strip joint wit some boppers for me and my boys know im talmbouttttt

Yeah,

Thats what i would do.

https://www.google.com/search?q=yeah+thats+what+ill+do&hl=en&client=safari&source=lnms&tbm=isch&sa=X&ei=PFYkUcMgiuesAc-UgJgJ&ved=0CAgQ_AUoAQ&biw=320&***=416#p=0

Last edited:
what? so basically youre asking can you live off of 1.5 mill before you die?

yes.

i dont plan to be an useless old person or vegetable so im gonna use the money. yo low.

Age plays a factor. At my age, i'd still continue working and go to school to learn about investments. If I were older... i'm retiring!

you got overwordy with a simple question....

1.5 mil in my lifetime....I'd keep working and just ball whenever necessary

What happens to the other 1.5 mil?? If I can't "dip below" then what's even the point of having the other half bruh bruh???

you got overwordy with a simple question....

1.5 mil in my lifetime....I'd keep working and just ball whenever necessary
What happens to the other 1.5 mil?? If I can't "dip below" then what's even the point of having the other half bruh bruh???

Investments.

1.5 million dollars makes about 75000K a year in interest just sitting in the bank.

75000 a year and 1.5 million to trick?

Yeah I'll be fine.

I'd definitely quit my job and get a doctorate degree. I would teach part time travel the world.

Last edited:
1.5 million dollars makes about 75000K a year in interest just sitting in the bank.

75000 a year and 1.5 million to trick?

Yeah I'll be fine.

I'd definitely quit my job and get a doctorate degree. I would teach part time travel the world.

This. Although, i'd put it in Swiss accounts so Uncle Sam doesn't get a piece of it.

I got wordy because as the conversation progressed people began to nitpick (i.e. tax).
Not one person who participated in the conversation at work made $50,000 annually. This one woman swore it was impossible. Mind you, she has confirmed this is her only job, she also has no children. I just looked at her in disbelief. She cited school loans and future children an their education. But it still doesn't add up, how are you functioning on less than $50,000 but you can't make 3 million work for the rest of your lifetime?

With $3 million i can buy myself a nice condo & keep working my job. Not have to worry bout nothing :smokin

Grab the bag of money, give my Mom a kiss on her forehead, hand her the bag and walk out like a boss. 

I ******g love my Mom. 

nope, i'm taking that money and flipping it.

only a moron would sit on 3 mil and invest nothing.

If you gave me $1M, much less $3M, I would never go broke. Don't understand how rich people squander their fortunes. :smh:

I don't understand how anyone would say they can't do this?

Unless you make over that now....then maybe you would struggle because you life that life. But us under 100k-ers. I would pay off my college debt....buy a house or two...continue working...

Hell yea, I'd just continue to work, buy a new car, fix my credit and invest.

If and/or when I get to the point where I turned that 3 mill to 6, then I'd stop working.

id want to make that 3mill 4 mill and so on
This is it.

People tend to think short term if they were ever fortunate enough to somehow someway land a lump of money. There's obvious ones though, like pay off loans and debts and other liens. But lot of people think immediately of what they can buy that they couldn't before.

I'd continue to work and then get a place for my own that I'm content with and fits my needs (not wants), and then invest the rest. Make that 3M into 30M and so on.

yeah that would be easy...invest the 1.5 til u have 10....set 5 aside flip another 5...continue...who cares bout the original 1.5 left..

Back
Top Bottom