#NTNurses RNs (Registered Nurses)/Student Nurses Of NikeTalk Official Thread.

Congrats @Comparison Ford. :nthat:

Love it when my #NTNurse fam prosper.

Is anyone in this thread a NP by any chance? Specifically a Family Nurse Practitioner? :nerd:

-Drew

Last edited:

Ya boy passed!

Words can't describe how relieved I am.  I've been working as a GN since graduation and I was dreading being bumped back down to a CNA.  You're looking at the new evening shift nurse manager on a sub-acute cardiopulmonary rehab unit. 

pimp.gif
Congrats fam! Making those moves. Happy for you. 
nthat.gif

Was it difficult getting into the nursing program?

I'm going to a community college, college of the canyons and I need a couple more classes to apply to nursing.
Honestly have a good amount of F's and Ws. Since I was on Yolo mode early on, but I managed to turn it around these last couple of years.

I just finished A&P 1 and got a C.
I need A&P 2 and micro for my prereqs.

Want to get an idea of my chances. Thanks
I'm a minority "Hispanic" if that helps :lol:

Last edited:
At least here in NC it's all about points from classes and your teas test. Then they'll rank you from there

Which is fair

The ultimate position you guys should look into is
Was it difficult getting into the nursing program?

I'm going to a community college, college of the canyons and I need a couple more classes to apply to nursing.
Honestly have a good amount of F's and Ws. Since I was on Yolo mode early on, but I managed to turn it around these last couple of years.

I just finished A&P 1 and got a C.
I need A&P 2 and micro for my prereqs.

Want to get an idea of my chances. Thanks
I'm a minority "Hispanic" if that helps :lol:

tbh youre better off going to a private school bro, nursing programs at local colleges are too competitive especially with grades.

Some schools base admissions off of prereq GPA. A couple community colleges around my way do. If you take your prereq a over & kill it then getting in is doable. If I had to go the private school route id look into switching my future profession. That tuition is no joke :x

Some schools base admissions off of prereq GPA. A couple community colleges around my way do. If you take your prereq a over & kill it then getting in is doable. If I had to go the private school route id look into switching my future profession. That tuition is no joke :x
This all of this. Some private schools are charging like 100k+ for tuitions that's way too much for nursing. Realistically if your nursing GPA isn't 3.3 and up you really are at a disadvantage. I got in with a 3.3 but my TEAS score was really good. You don't want to have any C's for nursing pre reqs. Nursing is so competitive now. You really got to show you're academically ahead of the competition.

Ya boy passed!

Words can't describe how relieved I am.  I've been working as a GN since graduation and I was dreading being bumped back down to a CNA.  You're looking at the new evening shift nurse manager on a sub-acute cardiopulmonary rehab unit. 

:pimp:

The boy made it!

My RN license posted this morning!

:nthat:

Congrats y'all, I graduate in December so I'll be taking it soon, any tips that y'all can provide that'll help me pass?

Ya boy passed!

:pimp:

The boy made it!

My RN license posted this morning!

:nthat:

Congrats y'all, I graduate in December so I'll be taking it soon, any tips that y'all can provide that'll help me pass?

Bro, I'd suggest getting the Kaplan course. That helped me out the most when I was studying for the NCLEX. I would record the lecture vids, put them on my iPhone, throw on my headset and just listen to them all day. I made sure to take note of any terms or concepts that I wasn't familiar with in the lectures and once I get home I would just look them up then put annotations in my Kaplan book.

I went on a cruise a week before I took my NCLEX and I made sure to listen to those lectures for most of the day even when I was on vacation. :lol:

-Drew

Last edited:
Bro, I'd suggest getting the Kaplan course. That helped me out the most when I was studying for the NCLEX. I would record the lecture vids, put them on my iPhone, throw on my headset and just listen to them all day. I made sure to take note of any terms or concepts that I wasn't familiar with in the lectures and once I get home I would just look them up then put annotations in my Kaplan book.

I went on a cruise a week before I took my NCLEX and I made sure to listen to those lectures for most of the day even when I was on vacation. :lol:

-Drew

Thanks for that gem man and congrats again

Do anyone knows how much ER tech in Cali makes I know it's not consider a nurse but I'm looking into going that route or becoming a EMT. I've already passed my Emt class and got my certificate now I'm just waiting to take my national test. I didn't see any other threads to post this in so sorry if it's wrong thread.

-Drew

Thanks for that gem man and congrats again

No problem man. It's all about dedication if anything.

I believe it was christopher42 christopher42 that just passed.

-Drew

Congrats to @Comparison Ford and christopher42 christopher42 :pimp:

My sister took it today and her test stopped at 75 questions with 12 select all that apply.

If anyone needs a great study program my sister recommends Uworld. Click this link and you will get a free one week trail after that i think its $50 a month. helps a lot if you are a visual learner and explains why answers wrong or right.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom