NT's Hottest MCs in the Game

Kendrick #9 now and YG got bumped up to #8 :lol:

They just tryna drum up interest and social media talk/debates because they know people stopped caring about MTV and this list years ago

Was right bout to post this. This list is worst than i coulda ever imagined

Drake
Chance The Rapper
Kanye West
Future
Gucci Mane
J. Cole
Lil Uzi Vert
Young Thug
21 Savage
Migos

Last edited:
I'm mixing battle rappers with mainstream rappers

1.Future

2.Gucci Mane

3.Un Kasa

4.Lil Uzi Vert

5.Savage21

6.Young Greatness

7.Ace Hood(I heard some new **** from him while I was in J23)

8.Rowdy Rebel

9.Swae Lee

10.Compton AV

I'm a watch just because I **** with Joe and Tax. Not sure what the **** Nick Cannon is doing on there.

These are just my thoughts on this list Placing cats like YG, Uzi, Yachty (or whatever small time rapper they are gonna say is "hotter)

Also just took a peek at MTV's list Kenderick Lamar is listed at #9 the whole list hasn't been dropped yet, but they already put YG ahead of him laugh.gif .... so when we are saying who's hot now does the criteria mean how much **** you do that has nothing to do with rapping & actual tangible things? do you need 1000 antics and be the topic of a twitter convo to be hot?

Because in the Past year alone Kenderick

- Dropped a 7 song EP that went platinum
- has been on a world tour & been headlining festivals left & right
- Has a full ad campaign and shoes with Reebok
- Was featured on Beyonce, Frank Ocean, Kanye West, The Weeknd, Schoolboy Q & Travis Scott (4 maybe five of these albums are up for a grammy btw)

somehow YG is hotter? i'm sure Uzi is gonna be on the list... he's hotter?Being hot means people are interested in you correct?? yet some people's first statement in gauging how much interest a musical act is getting based on how many times he comes across YOUR timeline. mean.gif

1)do you know how many streams it takes to certify an album Platinum?? to put this in perspective Uzi would have to drop about 10 projects to garner that many listens and spins... you don't think people listening to your rap music should be an indicator of being the hottest rapper?

2) YG dropped a single with Drake and i heard that **** a maximum of two times, he JUST dropped a surprise EP and the **** wasn't remembered through the weekend, & his album din't receive near the praise his last album did. Hell i wouldn't be surprised if Alright a song which dropped in 15 got more spins this year then FDT.

3) Uzi, 21, YG, Yachty clearly haven't touched the amount of Award stages, late night TV performances, headlined tours and festivals like Kenderick. He has a feature on EVERY majorly hyped release of the year, albums which touch millions upon millions of people and have been grammy nominated.

So your telling me YG, Uzi, etc etc have been "Hotter" but giving me nothing to show this outside of my TL "AKA" look at these ****** on Social media making a fool out of themselves so people discuss them.

Sales - Kendrick
Size of tours - Kendrick
TV appearances - Kendrick
Magazines - Kendrick
Marketing campaigns/ endorsements - Kendrick
Award show appearances - Kendrick
Guest appearances - Kendrick

there's literally not one single category you could think of where the average person was exposed to one of these ****** over Kendrick Lamar this year. Hot means people are checking for you? people are interested in your product... If I sell 10 times the amount of records someone sales, i HEADLINE a world tour, HEADLINE festivals all over the world, Have a full ou Reebok marketing campaign with sneakers in stores, be called to do features on the biggest releases of the year......... how then are you gonna tell me that a rapper is hotter than me because more people spoke about his foolishness on social media?

As much as I hate yatchy there is no way u can argue that he isn't on fire right now. Dudes literally never heard a project or song from him but know exactly who he is. He got nautica and sprite endorsements and had lots of features on tapes. Every blog or interview site dying to get son to do his biggie and pac is overrated act on their show. That damn broccoli song is on the radio every damn second. I was at this bar called skybar this past Saturday, drunk feeling the future the dj was spinning. Son started spinning that joint and people went crazy, killed my whole vibe for real but these ****** knew it word for word. Son might be working at ups next winter but right now he's on fire, he getting managed perfectly.

Also as much as I hate drake if we considering him a rapper this year he's gonna have to be #1.

As much as I hate yatchy there is no way u can argue that he isn't on fire right now. Dudes literally never heard a project or song from him but know exactly who he is. He got nautica and sprite endorsements and had lots of features on tapes. Every blog or interview site dying to get son to do his biggie and pac is overrated act on their show. That damn broccoli song is on the radio every damn second. I was at this bar called skybar this past Saturday, drunk feeling the future the dj was spinning. Son started spinning that joint and people went crazy, killed my whole vibe for real but these ****** knew it word for word. Son might be working at ups next winter but right now he's on fire, he getting managed perfectly.

Also as much as I hate drake if we considering him a rapper this year he's gonna have to be #1.

Nah none of that **** matter bro I don't like his music therefore he not hot :lol:

Obviously somebody who been in the game 8+ years is gonna be doing bigger tours and selling more records etc than some _'s who just hopped on the mainstream stage :lol: :smh:

Last edited:

I Never denied that Yachty is hot... however any thought of putting him above a Kendrick Lamar is laughable when you take into account what he's done this year.

Kendrick dropped a 7 song EP of unmixed throwaways with no notification and went Platinum, He did 178'000 first week off of streams alone with No promo, if that isn't an indicator of Buzz i don't know what is.

The argument before was that record sales aren't a good indicator because the "new generation" doesn't buy physicals like that.. cool. The new generation surely uses Spotify/Youtube/Souncloud etc etc and those now count towards your sales numbers as far as singles & albums/mixtapes

Yachty projects are up on those streaming services, his numbers are legit doing a 10th of what Kendricks doing on a year where he hasn't even worked a single for himself.

Outside of the club there isn't a singular thing that Yachty or Uzi has done that puts them even close to the looks and attention has drawn. The ***** performed at the Grammy's and had Times writing articles about the performance. **** like that happens because people care and are in tune with what he's doing.

Nah none of that **** matter bro I don't like his music therefore he not hot :lol:

Obviously somebody who been in the game 8+ years is gonna be doing bigger tours and selling more records etc than some _'s who just hopped on the mainstream stage :lol: :smh:

Artist #1

- Okay artist one is featured on Beyonce album, The Weeknd album, Frank Ocean album, Travis Scott album, Schoolboy Q album, Tribe album (5/6 of these albums debuted at number one btw)
- Released a project that went platinum this year
- Has an AVERAGE of 8.8 million streams WEEKLY on Spotify alone
- Had the most talked about performance at the grammy's , Opened the BET Awards in a duel performance with Beyonce
- Has headlined multiple worldwide tour and festivals
- Has a full endorsement deal with Reebok and actually dropped sneakers in stores, Sprite, Beats by Dre
- Has covered Magazines such as GQ & Billboard

Artist #2

- ONLY entry on the billboard top 100 charts of the year is his feature on Broccoli
- Released two projects this year that were available for streaming, and purchase... i can't even find total numbers on them... But apparently so many people were waiting on it he debuted at 164#
- Has a deal with sprite & apple music
- Has went on several shows said stupid **** about hiphop legends and has his face plastered on several blogs for his trolling
- Has gotten spins in the club and on Aux cords of 18-24yr olds and comes Across Fresh Prince TL daily

So if your an exec and you need to pick the "Hotter" artist who's 2016 are you taking?? Hottness usually generates money & interest from people.... based off these two Resume's who's do you think generated more interest from people?

Once again tho if the Club matters THAT much, & social Media mtters that much, and Youtube & streaming plays matter that much there's an 18yr old kid from Brooklyn who has LAPPED these ****** multiple times in those regards & hasn't been mentioned i wonder why :lol:

Last edited:
$tacy $tacy you gotta trademark that term Festival Rap. I've never heard of a term more accurate when describing people like Yachty and Uzi :lol: rappers that manage to randomly pop up high on the charts, get articles for Complex, and are praised on tumblr, but you cant find anybody on a regular day that actually listens to them

$tacy $tacy you gotta trademark that term Festival Rap. I've never heard of a term more accurate when describing people like Yachty and Uzi :lol: rappers that manage to randomly pop up high on the charts, get articles for Complex, and are praised on tumblr, but you cant find anybody on a regular day that actually listens to them
U right :lol:. I gotta make it a thing outside of nt

@Willchamberlain you gotta trademark that term Festival Rap. I've never heard of a term more accurate when describing people like Yachty and Uzi
laugh.gif
rappers that manage to randomly pop up high on the charts, get articles for Complex, and are praised on tumblr, but you cant find anybody on a regular day that actually listens to them
You might as well just call it what it is...y'all are older and out of touch with what 18-24 year olds listen to because all around college campuses and at parties you'll hear plenty of Uzi/Kodak/Yachty/21/etc.

2 of those things are not like the others.

Festival Rap I thought was a widely used term.

Last edited:
The 21/Metro tape was dope, Kodak is a young prodigy and the Uzi/Gucci tape was nice. 21 and Kodak aren't even in that same category. Take a hike.

Last edited:
The 21/Metro tape was dope, Kodak is a young prodigy and the Uzi/Gucci tape was nice. 21 and Kodak aren't even in that same category. Take a hike.
You're responding with personal music opinions to me telling you that no one listens to Uzi/Yachty is false 
laugh.gif

Last edited:

You're responding with personal music opinions to me telling you that no one listens to Uzi/Yachty is false :lol:  

I'm responding telling you the differences between the people you listed, as you lumped them up together

They looking for you in general Flesh :lol:

Uzi and Boat definitely have more buzz than Kendrick right now. Which makes sense seeing as they are new artist who release music frequently. But I wouldn't consider them hotter than k dot. Kendrick would have needed to take the whole year off for me to say they are hotter.

Last edited:
So is this about buzz or actually being an MC? If it's just buzz and who's hot right now, every "trap" rapper that spits Dr. Seuss like bars is gonna be at the top of the list. Unfortunately, this sound is what's hot to most people right now for whatever reason. Dudes can't even really rap, just ad-libbing over some bass and getting paid for it.

****** just refuse to believe that the crowd that listens to 21/yachty/uzi just isn't that huge of a demographic. they have a niche and their supported. they are not stars and there's a HUGE separation between them & the cole's/ Kendricks/Wale's/Sean/Rocky's of the world.

son keeps talking about youth like Cole & Kendrick etc etc don't have those kids spending money to see them by the hundred of thousands. Cole in the last month of the year has garnered more attention than those three ****** combined w/o a singular spec of a mixtape, social media antics prior to release. just a tweet, a date, and set the hiphop world's eyes solely on him. but apparently if your not platinum in the frat party the other hundreds of thousands of people who are buying your music and supporting don't count.

Autistic art era is what we're in right now, thankfully there's a lot of young ****** who recognize ******** for ********.

Logic sells more than all these trap guys & dude barely gotta thread on here :lol:

Logic trash tho but im just saying

Also Uzi Vert is now #9 & they moved YG AND Kendrick up a spot lmao. MTV doing this list all kinds of messed up this time around

Back
Top Bottom