NT's Hottest MCs in the Game

Who hotter tho, logic or uzi? [emoji]128064[/emoji]

You know that should honestly be a real question, because logic once again another guy who has better sales, big numbers on youtube, sells out tours, etc etc..... however you don't hear logic in a club & apparently his meme game isn't enough, so i guess his fanbase which is in the hundred of thousands don't matter because he lacks those two things.

It seems like this post is filled with perception vs reality, surely i see Uzi more than i see logic on social media, however logic clearly has a larger amount of people who are willing to support him & has bigger platforms to release his music. also i think Logic being white actually hampers him in this convo, but in reverse help him with sales so it's tricky.

so the better question is whether this list is accounting for who's the hottest artist in rap or who's the hottest artist in a certain niche of rap. Because as of now it's looking like the latter.

Last edited:
Uzi def hotter but Logic has a bigger, more loyal homegrown type fan base that he developed from touring extensively over the last 5-6 years.

He's not a new rapper that just crept up on the scene.

Last edited:
I was just asking Cuz logic sells more records n ****.

I hate Logic & like Uzi so of course my answer is gon be bias lol. But this dont change the fact that he has more success than every trap rapper except Future. It just shows that being hot to one demographic doesnt mean your hot to another

Kevin Gates is another guy in that odd Logic category except hes a street rapper which makes it even weirder to me

Logic, G-Eazy and now Machine Gun Kelly are playing by a different type of rules. They have a different type of access that other rappers don't.

Again, Machine Gun Kelly has the #10 song in the entire country right now.

If y'all said you heard it....you lying :lol:

Uzi hotter but Logic got a more loyal homegrown type fan base that he developed from touring extensively over the last 5-6 years. He's not a new rapper that just crept up on the scene.

My question when it comes to artist who ain't "Superstars" is what is considered hot? are we not taking into account the whole spectrum of hiphop fans? are we valuing what teens listen too over what people in there mid 20's/30's listen too? are we valuing social media presence over real life support?

There's so many questions behind this and i don't know if MTV gave a real criteria.

However a big point i've been trying to get across is how "hot" can someone bee if they can't convert that heat into tangible support. so let's say someone drops a free mixtape and that allows them to do a 25 city tour in small venues & club appearances. That's great that the artist has a niche audience, but if they don't have the ability to transcend to the person who might not be on twitter heavy, or the person who doesn't go to the strip club frequently.... how hot are they in the scheme of things.

Ex: Tribe dropped this year sold excellent numbers out the gate, delivered a heralded project, had support from a lot of current day superstars and had millions of people who appreciated the album, now i beg this question are they not hot because there demo isn't dominating the 18-24 yr old market? do fans who are older and appreciate that sound more not count because they don't tweet about it as much?

I really wanna know how we are gonna measure hotness, if sales & skill have suddenly become secondary indicators of the Hottest Mc's

Kevin Gates is another guy in that odd Logic category except hes a street rapper which makes it even weirder to me

I wouldn't say that Gates imo is more like an early wiz fanbase wise, meaning i have in real life bumped into a LARGE assortment of people who **** with him heavy. From my ***** who just came home to a 20 yr old white girl, for one reason or another he has put together a massive following that is EXTREMELY mixed. I can't even imagine what a show of his looks like :lol:

Logic, G-Eazy and now Machine Gun Kelly are playing by a different type of rules. They have a different type of access that other rappers don't.

Again, Machine Gun Kelly has the #10 song in the entire country right now.

If y'all said you heard it....you lying

I damn sure would have never guessed that because i don't know anyone actively listening to MGK, with that said there's clearly a demographic who downloads/streams/request his songs on radio. So he may not cross my TL, i may not hear his songs in clubs, but nonetheless there's a large portion of people who are supporting the song and him

Now although i see Yachty come across my TL constantly (90% of the time for something that doesn't involve music), and he's constantly covered by the complex/Fader type blogs, he just like MGK is someone who's music i have never heard discussed in real life. Outside of Broccoli i've never heard a song from him played anywhere. It's clear he has a fanbase that follows him but for a claim at the top 10 hottest where's the proof?

Clearly he has people who enjoy his music, but some dudes are acting as if he's someone who's music you can't escape & it's FAR from that.

Last edited:
Man i know 3 ppl who actually listen to Kevin Gates. Everyone else who knows of him only knows him for the dumb **** hes done & said

Another thing on guys like Logic, G Eazy & Machine Gun Kelly...theres pros & cons bout them dudes kinda popularity especially in this genre. The pros are obvious but the cons for them dudes is that they will never be cared bout or taken seriously by the different demographics that most of us feel tell the real story of how good or hot someone is, no matter how good they may be. Now since theyre trash, i can careless bout them but it is kinda messed up in a way

Wtf no Tribe is not "hot" :lol: :stoneface: you don't need to be hot to move units when you've been in the game 30 years and have a huge loyal fan base

Being hot literally means nothing bro you acting like _'s are slighting an artist because they saying one is hotter than the other.

As an artist having a loyal fanbase who gonna rock with you regardless is WAY better than having to try and keep yourself hot anyway. Tech N9ne doesn't have to be hot or have a mainstream hit to make money, ICP doesn't have to be hot or have a mainstream hit to make money, etc etc

Last edited:
Kevin Gates recently became "hot" around here. Been listening heavy since his 2nd mixtape. Most of his mixtapes are better than the top albums on the charts right now, have no idea why he isn't bigger. Speaks on some **** and goes in unique voice and flawless delivery...

Last edited:
Wtf no Tribe is not "hot" :lol: :stoneface: you don't need to be hot to move units when you've been in the game 30 years and have a huge loyal fan base

Being hot literally means nothing bro you acting like _'s are slighting an artist because they saying one is hotter than the other.

As an artist having a loyal fanbase who gonna rock with you regardless is WAY better than having to try and keep yourself hot anyway. Tech N9ne doesn't have to be hot or have a mainstream hit to make money, ICP doesn't have to be hot or have a mainstream hit to make money, etc etc

so what is Hot? because maybe i'm trippin but when i think of something that's hot i think of something that people support and buy into. Iv'e seen plenty of people discussing how good the album was, people went and purchased the album, tuned in to see them perform......

so what negates them from being hot? is it because there supporters are 25+ and buy/DL records instead of 24 & under & streaming their mixtape? I really want to know the difference. when we aren't talking Superstar rappers, what separates one artist having a consistent fanbase support there movement from the next.

Because apparently sales isn't an indicator, skills isn't either, so what is the barometer?

Tribe has a set of fans who are gonna support them and enjoy their music, just like 21 has a base that will support and enjoy his. Right now in this very second people are spinning and playing tribes records at the same rate people are spinning and playing a 21 record. completely different demographics however.

So is that the thing is one demographic considered more valuable than the other? that's seems like it's the point some are trying to get too but don't wanna say it because in reality they know it doesn't add up

Ppl gotta think you good to an extent in order for an artist to be hot. Just cause you may not think theyre not good dont mean another set of ppl dont think that dude music is fire. So when an artist is hot ppl make it seem like theyre better than less popular artists...

Ppl gotta think you good to an extent in order for an artist to be hot. Just cause you may not think theyre not good dont mean another set of ppl dont think that dude music is fire. So when an artist is hot ppl make it seem like theyre better than less popular artists...

I'm not thinking that at all i've taken skill completely out of the equation just in order to have the debate... this question has nothing to do with skill

One artist is getting their support through traditional sales, d/l, concerts & Tv appearances & the other artist is getting there's off of free mixtapes, clubs, streams & viral videos. different eras different methods, cool

However both artist
- aren't getting major radio play
- Both artist are selling out tours doing the same size venues
- Both have fanbases who support their merch & other endeavors

what makes one artist eligible to be top 10 hottest in the game & the other one isn't? We've acknowledged the differences in the demos. so tribe may sell significantly better & have more TV/award show appearances because fans of Yachty/21/uzi aren't gonna buy physicals/watch TV shows ok cool i'm with that. However on the other edge of the Sword Yachty & em are gonna have a significantly bigger following on social media & clubs/parties because tribes demo isn't creating meme's or going to college parties.

at the end of the day it's a wash, because neither of these two sides are touching a Huge mainstream demographic, they;re catering to their fans and their niche i see no problem with that.

So once again why is one considered for the Hottest in the game & the other one isn't

The only answer can be because one appeals to a younger demographic, which is ridiculously dumb logic in a Genre that expans from 18-50.

Last edited:
so what is Hot? because maybe i'm trippin but when i think of something that's hot i think of something that people support and buy into. Iv'e seen plenty of people discussing how good the album was, people went and purchased the album, tuned in to see them perform......

So pretty much any artist or group that drops an album and sells is hot then? 

Edit: I dont know why I'm even discussing this ****.
laugh.gif
 I like majority of all the artists being discussed right now, you on the other hand have made it VERY known that you don't care for one section of the artists being discussed so it's pointless 

Last edited:
I dont think its age group that determines whats hot. I believe its the demographic. A majority of us dont hang with the demographics that bump Logic & them kinda guys music. We hang with guys that play trap music & other stuff. The tastemakers in hip hop are basically in that same demographic as well & its rare that these demographics cross over into one another since theres such a large disconnect in what they think & wanna listen to

Honestly Logic & their demographics are closer to that of a 21 Pilots fan lol

So in other words the key figures in hip hop & its fanbase dont claim them dudes

As for Tribe that could be an age thing but there were alot of ppl KTT which is much younger forum (age of users) than this place who liked that album alot so i wouldnt be surprised if Tribes good numbers were mix of old fans & newer ones

Honestly Logic & their demographics are closer to that of a 21 Pilots fan lol
That's a reach in my opinion. I think I get the point you're trying to make, I just don't think Logic is the right choice for this analogy. Just my opinion though.

Tribe been around before most of us were born, they got a loyalllll fan base. Hot just means hot. Running shoes are "hot" right now, I don't think nike will get rid of their bball line. Hell adidas is hot right now but nike still making more money.

Lyrical ability and flow
Commercial success
Cultural impact
Social media following

Logic has no impact on the culture.

Uzi doing well in all four categories.

Tribe been around before most of us were born, they got a loyalllll fan base. Hot just means hot. Running shoes are "hot" right now, I don't think nike will get rid of their bball line. Hell adidas is hot right now but nike still making more money.

So is adidas hotter than Nike right now?

Lyrical ability and flow
Commercial success
Cultural impact
Social media following

Logic has no impact on the culture.

Uzi doing well in all four categories.

Uzi that dude but no. His kinda impact on the culture aint exactly positive imo. And we'll see how commercially successful he really is when he drops an album

One could argue that, it varies. The most sought after shoes right now are adidas. If someone argued either way I wouldn't disagree. Jordan brand got this long history, and loyal buyers who are always gonna purchase no matter what. But adidas drop a yeezy and it changed the game, same with the nmd, bape collars, raf line, Rick Owen's lime, Jeremy Scott line etc.

I would say Yes.

Not bigger or more sales.

But more hyped, trendy, etc? Yes they're arguably the hottest shoe brand right now.

Percentage wise, their market share growth over the last 2 years is crazy.

http://fortune.com/2016/08/04/adidas-outperforming-nike-ua/

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom