NT's LEGAL Gun Thread UPDATE...First Youtube Firearm Review Page 61

Ah ok. Thanks homie

What are you looking to buy hand gun or long gun?
I'm in between right now

I'd like a shotgun (mossberg 590)

But I'd like to conceal carry at this time also since Missouri laws changed to atleast 19 years of age

Looking for a good revolver medium or small frame (38,45) or a beretta 92 fs

Thing is my work schedule doesn't work with the process of me getting my ccl since I have to take that gun class so for now I might be leaning towards the long gun.

Really hope I answered that question and it makes sense :lol:

I'm in between right now

But I'd like to conceal carry at this time also since Missouri laws changed to atleast 19 years of age

Thing is my work schedule doesn't work with the process of me getting my ccl since I have to take that gun class so for now I might be leaning towards the long gun.

Yeah that kinda helps. I don't know about state to state but in MI you don't have to register long guns with the police dept but hand guns you do. I ha e my cpl so it's easy for me with the hand guns. When I bought my AR online they sent it to my local Ffl they called when it came in, paid there fee for the transfer and they took a copy of my DL and that's it. Check out grabagun.com they have good prices and easy to use

I'm in between right now

Yeah that kinda helps. I don't know about state to state but in MI you don't have to register long guns with the police dept but hand guns you do. I ha e my cpl so it's easy for me with the hand guns. When I bought my AR online they sent it to my local Ffl they called when it came in, paid there fee for the transfer and they took a copy of my DL and that's it. Check out grabagun.com they have good prices and easy to use
Good look fam that's the same here for long guns also

My next pistol purchase will be an M&P shield 40 or a Glock 33. Richie chime in about the negatives and positives of each. I want something small for concealabilty or for when I just don't feel like carrying a big gun.

Last edited:
Never shot a gun before plan on going to a shooting range for my girls b day what are something I need to know do before hand?

Remember to turn the safety off.

If shooting a hand gun, use your primary hand to hold the stock/handle/whatever, secondary hand to support your primary wrist.

If using a rifle, butt of gun into your shoulder.

Exhale slowly as you shoot to steady your aim a bit.

Last edited:
Good look fam that's the same here for long guns also

AFAIK, You can't purchase a handgun through any of those online sites. Federal law requires handgun purchasers to be 21 yo. That means if you buy a handgun and the purchase requires you to go through an FFL and fill out a 4473, you will be rejected.

The way around that is FTF private purchases, aka, "the gun show loophole". I know in VA, individuals can purchase if they are at least 18, but they can only purchase from a private individual.

Velle - heard nothing but good things about the shield. I'm actually looking at getting one in 9mm. It seems like in 40 cal it might be super snappy. I know Elder has/had a glock 26 and likes it a lot. .357 in a small package might be snappy, but you should still be able to get 40 or 9mm barrels.

For newbies looking to go to the range, check out the magpul "art of the dynamic handgun" videos on youtube. This is a good place to start (i think all the videos are posted on youtube)

*edit* sorry for the barrage of posts.

Last edited:
I'm in between right now

IMO, you should get the handgun now. Everyone buys shotguns, but no one really shoots then a lot. You'll be much better served with a handgun, plus you'll already have it so when your ready to take the class, you'll just need to get a holster and ammo as opposed to having to save up to buy a whole new gun.

You are absolutely on the right track looking at the beretta 92, it's a great gun. Plus if you ever get a hankering, you can send it in to Wilson Combat and get them to kit it out. At the very least, they make replacement parts that are super high quality. Add the D spring and it's a damn nice shooting gun, cheap mags and a plethora of oem parts available. The only "issue" some people have is the Double Action/Single Action, which isn't even really an issue. I get wanting a consistent trigger pull each time, but ultimately it comes down to practice and trigger discipline.

I'm in between right now

IMO, you should get the handgun now. Everyone buys shotguns, but no one really shoots then a lot. You'll be much better served with a handgun, plus you'll already have it so when your ready to take the class, you'll just need to get a holster and ammo as opposed to having to save up to buy a whole new gun.

You are absolutely on the right track looking at the beretta 92, it's a great gun. Plus if you ever get a hankering, you can send it in to Wilson Combat and get them to kit it out. At the very least, they make replacement parts that are super high quality. Add the D spring and it's a damn nice shooting gun, cheap mags and a plethora of oem parts available. The only "issue" some people have is the Double Action/Single Action, which isn't even really an issue. I get wanting a consistent trigger pull each time, but ultimately it comes down to practice and trigger discipline.
Thanks for the advice big homie

Another thing I would suggest is going to the range and renting out guns at the range. Pay 10-20 bucks for a gun get a feel for it. See which one you like most.

my first gun was a mistake. I wish I would've done more research

Waaaaay cheaper than the stores.

Do I even have to contact the ffl if it's already in gun brokers data base?

Last edited:
Waaaaay cheaper than the stores.

Do I even have to contact the ffl if it's already in gun brokers data base?

Yes, you still contact the FFL. That's to let them know you have an incoming transfer and to accept the package. If they don't have the heads up, many FFL's will not accept it or return to sender.

Ive had a CCW for over 13 years now. I couodnt imagine not packing heat these days lol. #1 reason ill never move home to DC.

Guns I have:

.40 XDS
45 XDS
Bushmaster M4-A
Mossburg Maverick 88
Remington 870

Used to have a 100 round AR 15 (dual 50 round drums) when I was stationed in NC but I sold it. Pics later when I find them on my laptop lol

Last edited:
My roommate is selling me his 870 for 200 bucks :pimp:

And yeah that's why I got that m&p coming my way I posted up there.

Ive had a CCW for over 13 years now. I couodnt imagine not packing heat these days lol. #1 reason ill never move home to DC.

Guns I have:

.40 XDS
45 XDS
Bushmaster M4-A
Mossburg Maverick 88
Remington 870

Used to have a 100 round AR 15 (dual 50 round drums) when I was stationed in NC but I sold it. Pics later when I find them on my laptop lol

How you like your m4? I finally have enough saved and I'm having the hardest time deciding if I want to go ak or ar

Back
Top Bottom