NT's LEGAL Gun Thread UPDATE...First Youtube Firearm Review Page 61

[COLOR=#red]Repped for having 80 rounds in 2 magazines Sundro :smokin

So I recently found out that Colion Noir http://www.mrcolionnoir.com/ lives in the Houston area.

Mark my words, I'm going to link up with him and join the movement. I'll find him through my various contacts and meet up with him. He's a practicing lawyer and a respected firearm enthusiast that doesn't "look" like the typical firearm enthusiast. The same with myself, and I think it's a great thing because the stigma of firearms with minorities needs to be erased or at least changed. With my knowledge of firearms and background as a fed intelligence officer as well as me going into big oil I'm sure I can be a great supporting partner in the urban gun enthusiast movement.

I'll keep y'all posted for sure. I'll be in Houston all summer working, so it should go down in the not so distant future.[/COLOR]

Off topic, did it realize you left the feds to go private industry in Tx. Congrats man.... It's been a while since I wandered over into General and our old polo stomping grounds... Did you ever get that Omega piece??

[COLOR=#red]Repped for having 80 rounds in 2 magazines Sundro :smokin

So I recently found out that Colion Noir http://www.mrcolionnoir.com/ lives in the Houston area.

Mark my words, I'm going to link up with him and join the movement. I'll find him through my various contacts and meet up with him. He's a practicing lawyer and a respected firearm enthusiast that doesn't "look" like the typical firearm enthusiast. The same with myself, and I think it's a great thing because the stigma of firearms with minorities needs to be erased or at least changed. With my knowledge of firearms and background as a fed intelligence officer as well as me going into big oil I'm sure I can be a great supporting partner in the urban gun enthusiast movement.

I'll keep y'all posted for sure. I'll be in Houston all summer working, so it should go down in the not so distant future.[/COLOR]

I recently started watching his stuff on youtube. Seems like a good guy i like what he stands for.

[COLOR=#red]Velle, ok cool, that's not a problem. As big as Texas is, the 3 hours from HOU to Dallas isn't that bad. Now if he was in El Paso that would be an obstacle :lol:.

CJD, yes my fellow D9er, I left the Feds in early 2012, made a huge financial sacrifice to come back to school, but the oil biz is worth it. I lost $260k in wages, but my entry level salary is $119k and it's an office type position, don't have to be out on the oilfields. Hit me up on PM when you get a chance so we can talk biz.

But yeah that guy Colion Noir is the dude. Give credit where it's due. [/COLOR]

Last edited:
Lol cool I never been to Texas always wanted to go. When I first started carrying I watched all of Colion's vids...hate I missed out on those black #PewPew Life shirts

Noob question... I'm gonna order a sling and vertical grip for my AR friday from magpul. Do I need to choose a grip according to my rail? If so what would you guys recommend for a free float quad rail grip?

Last edited:
Ordered a magpul MVG vertical grip today which sling would you guys recommend? Also would yall go with the standard magpul Mbus or the Mbus pros?

Btw I decided to keep my 21 make it my nightstand piece the wifey bought me the trl-4 with the red laser on it can't wait to test it out.

In a week or so I'll grab the sling with a set of irons 2 40 round p mags and I'll take the ar to the range to sight both the irons and red dot

Last edited:
For you shotgun owners out there how do you feel about break action (side by side) shotties?

Is it practical for home use?

Seems easy to operate

Ordered a magpul MVG vertical grip today which sling would you guys recommend? Also would yall go with the standard magpul Mbus or the Mbus pros?

Btw I decided to keep my 21 make it my nightstand piece the wifey bought me the trl-4 with the red laser on it can't wait to test it out.

In a week or so I'll grab the sling with a set of irons 2 40 round p mags and I'll take the ar to the range to sight both the irons and red dot
I like the padded VCAS sling. My sling is a personal creation of a padded VCAS and Mapgul MS3 sling. I'd recommended staying away from 1 point

and 3 point slings if you plan on doing anything other than shooting off a bench. If you want me to expand on this I will. Also I'd just get the regular

Mbus, I've had an original Mbus for about 5-6 years now and don't have any complaints.  

Last edited:
I like the padded VCAS sling. My sling is a personal creation of a padded VCAS and Mapgul MS3 sling. I'd recommended staying away from 1 point

and 3 point slings if you plan on doing anything other than shooting off a bench. If you want me to expand on this I will. Also I'd just get the regular

Mbus, I've had an original Mbus for about 5-6 years now and don't have any complaints.  

Feel free to expand I called magpul and they said since I have the ubr stock all I need is the qd sling. Any truth to that?

Also my light came in glock 21 is officially on the night stand

Feel free to expand I called magpul and they said since I have the ubr stock all I need is the qd sling. Any truth to that?

Also my light came in glock 21 is officially on the night stand
     I want to say first and foremost that the type of sling you use is all personal preference. Doing 2 gun matches I realized quickly 2 point >> 1 point>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> 3 point. I honestly see no use of a 3 point sling. They do nothing a good 2 point sling does and they have that annoying extra length of sling just running across your rifle. A good 2 point sling, like the VCAS or VTAC, is amazing. These two slings are adjustable so they can can be used as shooting aids by wrapping the sling around your support arm or be tightened up so they hug your body in case you need to sprint with your rifle.

One points are great from a CQB standpoint where you will be constantly holding your rifle or shooting around cover or shooting with your weak-hand. If you need to run however, **** your knees and likely **** your nuts too because that rifle is going to flop around and hit those things. Since I value those I run a 2 point that if I need be can run as a 1 point. This is why if I had to choose on sling it would be a VCAS over the Magpul MS3. 

The Magpul is nice but the adjustment portion isn't the greatest and I like a padded sling. But seeing as how I actually bought both I cannibalized both slings into a sling that I think is damn near perfect. I actually had 2 or 3 NCO's in my unit want to buy it off me after I let them shoot with it. And seeing your light reminds me I really need to get a light for my M&P9. 

For you shotgun owners out there how do you feel about break action (side by side) shotties?

Seems easy to operate

Pump all day. Once you get good you can shoot pretty fast. Not as fast as a semi but still not hard to hit follow up shots on clay pigeons for example. I wouldn't get a double barrel for home defense. I just don't see the point when you can get a nice pump for less than 300 bucks. Try a Remington 870 and see how you like it.

Seems easy to operate

Pump all day. Once you get good you can shoot pretty fast. Not as fast as a semi but still not hard to hit follow up shots on clay pigeons for example. I wouldn't get a double barrel for home defense. I just don't see the point when you can get a nice pump for less than 300 bucks. Try a Remington 870 and see how you like it.
Went ti the gun store today and looked at a mossberg 500 with a short barrel was well in my price range

Looked at the 870 too and a double barrel

Really liked the double barrel had a nice feel to it

Simple to use as far as reloading. I'm sure with a little practice I could reload it quickly.

Really like that mossberg too .

Gonna check out the range and rent them.

Seems easy to operate

Went ti the gun store today and looked at a mossberg 500 with a short barrel was well in my price range

Looked at the 870 too and a double barrel

Really liked the double barrel had a nice feel to it

Simple to use as far as reloading. I'm sure with a little practice I could reload it quickly.

Really like that mossberg too .

Gonna check out the range and rent them.
coach gun + buckshot :x

Last edited:
^ plus the coach guns OAL is going to be a lot shorter than an equally long barreled auto or pump gun.

It comes at a cost though, recoil is going to be more, uh, brisk.

For a pump gun, it's hard to beat mossberg, just cause they're cheaper than remingtons.

[COLOR=#red]Second that recommendation for a 2 point sling. The best option for extended carry, while still being flexible enough for quick action. I had one for my deployment on my M4 where we had to carry all day everyday even to the pooper. I'm trying to remember the brand I had. It's highly recommended.

"Back in the days", semi-auto shotguns were at best somewhat reliable, and even less so with some of the underpowered shells. But with the auto-regulating piston systems they are extremely reliable (well for the major oems anyway). As a matter of fact I have never experienced a misfire, jam, failure to feed or anything after owning my shotgun 6 years now.

One aspect overlooked with semi shotties is their reduced felt recoil due to the stock spring that returns the bolt back to battery...not too much unlike an AR buffer spring. This allows for rapid and accurate follow-up shots. I've done a live round killhouse clearing exercise with my 930 SPX, and trust that rapid follow up is greatly appreciated.

I have a magpul ms3 on one of my ARs and its adjustable as a 1 or 2 point sling. Couldn't decide on one or the other so I settled with having both essentially :lol:

I will say that I usually have it set up in a 1 point sling configuration almost all the time and I usually end up detaching it completely when I'm at a range except while standing and shooting.

As for keeping a double barrel shotty as a bedroom gun. Nah. Much rather have a pump or even a semi-auto if you know the ammo in it will cycle/eject properly. 2 shots is probably good enough to take down an intruder, but 6, 7, 8 shots is even better.

Last edited:
Been selling off a bunch of guns that don't get shot/collecting dust because they're collector items. M1A should be coming in soon :evil:

Also thinking about getting a sig 220 since there's no more SSE in CA so I can't get a 227 here [emoji]128554[/emoji]

Last edited:
Haven't read this thread Ina couple weeks. Had a back up of pages. Information over load

Edit: can't make my gif work [emoji]128527[/emoji]

Last edited:
Anyone ever have a ftf in their shield with wolf ammo? I'm pretty sure it's just the gross ammo because it shoots everything else fine. I had 3 ftf out of 250 rounds. The firing pin hit the primer every time.

Last edited:
Anyone ever have a ftf in their shield with wolf ammo? I'm pretty sure it's just the gross ammo because it shoots everything else fine. I had 3 ftf out of 250 rounds. The firing pin hit the primer every time.

I've had 1 failure to feed but zero failures to fire with some wolf 7.62 in my SKS. Fired a few shots. Gun cycled fine then I had a hang up. Round tried to feed into the chamber and it's kinda hard to explain but it basically looked like it missed off to the right of the chamber (near the ejection port) and I'm guessing since the ammo is cheap/steel cased the force of the bolt slamming the round into the edge of the chamber caused the bullet to seat itself deeper into the casing.

As far as firing. I've shot about 500 rounds in my SKS with no issues with the primer/ammo itself. Any problem was likely due to my firearm.

Last edited:
Yeah my ak has tons of wolf through it and my ak has also never misfired.

I threw one of them back in and it fired. It could be me too though. I think I might need to pull the trigger faster.

Last edited:
Ss
Yeah my ak has tons of wolf through it and my ak has also never misfired.

I threw one of them back in and it fired. It could be me too though. I think I might need to pull the trigger faster.

[COLOR=#red]What about the unintended bump fire (AK) when it spits out 2 rounds and the range worker looks at you like "follow the freaking rules idiot". :lol:[/COLOR]

Back
Top Bottom