NT's LEGAL Gun Thread UPDATE...First Youtube Firearm Review Page 61

Ss
Yeah my ak has tons of wolf through it and my ak has also never misfired.

I threw one of them back in and it fired. It could be me too though. I think I might need to pull the trigger faster.

[COLOR=#red]What about the unintended bump fire (AK) when it spits out 2 rounds and the range worker looks at you like "follow the freaking rules idiot". :lol:[/COLOR]

That's definitely happened. :lol: I don't even go to the range with that since it's so loud and obnoxious. That's my hill billy shoot at mufflers and trees gun. :lol:

Anyone ever have a ftf in their shield with wolf ammo? I'm pretty sure it's just the gross ammo because it shoots everything else fine. I had 3 ftf out of 250 rounds. The firing pin hit the primer every time.

FTF generally means failure to feed.

A lot of the russian steel cased pistol ammo (especially tula) is known for hard primers. If it were me, I would check the striker channel path to make sure there's no crude in there that could bind or block anything and the striker/firing pin are in good working order with no peening or chipping. If you do that and everything looks ok, it might be worth it to send it in to Smith and let them take a look.

It might just be me, but i expect a stock gun to fire all commonly available ammo. Once you start using lightened springs and non oem parts, and whatnot, then you can run into problems.

Yeah it does it one more time after I clean it and it's going in for sure. I'll take it all down and check out. I got some balistol coming today so I've been waiting to clean it until that gets here.

Anyone ever have a ftf in their shield with wolf ammo? I'm pretty sure it's just the gross ammo because it shoots everything else fine. I had 3 ftf out of 250 rounds. The firing pin hit the primer every time.

FTF generally means failure to feed.

A lot of the russian steel cased pistol ammo (especially tula) is known for hard primers. If it were me, I would check the striker channel path to make sure there's no crude in there that could bind or block anything and the striker/firing pin are in good working order with no peening or chipping. If you do that and everything looks ok, it might be worth it to send it in to Smith and let them take a look.

It might just be me, but i expect a stock gun to fire all commonly available ammo. Once you start using lightened springs and non oem parts, and whatnot, then you can run into problems.

It was the ammo. Cleaned it up today and ran 250 magtech through and 200 rounds of umc and some Short barrel gold dots. All flawless and never had an issue with any ammo before the wolf. Some dude just left 100 rounds of wolf 9mm at the range today. :lol: probably had the same problems.

That video is cringe worthy. The dude kept it cool though.

Last edited:
[COLOR=#red]Headed to the Original Fort Worth gunshow tomorrow. Need to restock on my Ranger ammo after the cops at the airport took them from me. I'll report on anything interesting i see while there.

Sold 2 old collector colt single actions, the bright stainless 38 super I posted in this thread and one of my scoped bolt action rifles. Thinking about selling my range officer too :rolleyes

M1a should be coming in soon doe :evil:

Ordered an 8# keg of powder and 5k more small pistol primers....that should should last me through the end of 2017 (assuming I shoot 8,000 rds per year)

Sold the 1911 to a guy on Team Sig (Sig Sauers shooting team) . Was chopping it up about the P320 and USPSA, sounds like that might be the next move....both of em.

Hank raises an interesting point,

why should officers be the only ones feeling "comfortable" in these situations?

I understand it's inherently a dangerous job, but if a citizen takes all the necessary steps to legally own and carry a firearm why should they be disarmed?

Or are officers lives more valuable?

Should only officers have the right to protect themselves if things go awry?

As much as we've been conditioned to think otherwise there are legitimately nefarious officers out there that are looking to bring harm to people, are people just never allowed to have the means to protect themselves from such officers?

I'm not saying that these cops in the video are like that, but we know for a fact that corrupt, morally bankrupt officers do exist, are we beneath them?

Or should we grovel in fear and allow our rights to be violated as they see fit for fear of incurring violent, potentially lethal aggression or legal implications?

As a citizen who has been previously assaulted by an officer for no good reason, even the stop was illegal and the illicit search of both my person and my vehicle proved fruitless for the officer who assaulted me, I've asked these questions to myself almost every single day since that incident.

Why is it that we are rendered completely defenseless at the hands of those who have vowed to serve and protect us?

Last edited:
Really want to grab an m&p while they got the five mags thing going on

Just sent my rebate form off. Picked up a new M&40 full size from buds for $423 shipped.

It's literally feels like shooting a warm 9mm. I was not expecting it to be such a soft shooting gun, especially with the loads I was shooting (full powered 180 gr bonded JHP). My only other experience with .40 is a gen 2 glock 22 i had about 10 years ago. I hated shooting that thing. Also got the storm lake 9mm conversion barrel, though I shot the 40 with a factory 9mm barrel and it seemed to work ok.

So for basically $530, you can have an 40 caliber and 9mm in one gun, with 5 mags ( or 2 40 mags and 3 9mm mags). That's all win in my book.

Last edited:
Hank raises an interesting point,

why should officers be the only ones feeling "comfortable" in these situations?

I understand it's inherently a dangerous job, but if a citizen takes all the necessary steps to legally own and carry a firearm why should they be disarmed?

Or are officers lives more valuable?

Should only officers have the right to protect themselves if things go awry?

As much as we've been conditioned to think otherwise there are legitimately nefarious officers out there that are looking to bring harm to people, are people just never allowed to have the means to protect themselves from such officers?

I'm not saying that these cops in the video are like that, but we know for a fact that corrupt, morally bankrupt officers do exist, are we beneath them?

Or should we grovel in fear and allow our rights to be violated as they see fit for fear of incurring violent, potentially lethal aggression or legal implications?

As a citizen who has been previously assaulted by an officer for no good reason, even the stop was illegal and the illicit search of both my person and my vehicle proved fruitless for the officer who assaulted me, I've asked these questions to myself almost every single day since that incident.

Why is it that we are rendered completely defenseless at the hands of those who have vowed to serve and protect us?

Did you file a report against the officer/officers? One reason a lot of the bad apples are still in service is because people don't report them.

I get what you're saying, and generally agree with it, but you're never win, or be able to assert your rights when you're already pulled over/stopped. When that happens, you need to make sure you do what you need to do to get out of the situation unscathed.

Haven't purchased one just yet..

Either going with a loaded or national match... or both :nerd: :lol:

IF I had that kind of money to throw at .308, i'd be seriously considering a SCAR 17 or LMT MWS, or a DSA FAL. All are going to be more robust, have better or equal accuracy, and easier/cheaper to maintain over the long run.

Hell, even an FNAR. I looked at those real hard a few years ago. At least they have an MOA guarantee.

Also, the SOCOM is the only acceptable choice for an M1A, because tactical. :tongue:

Last edited:
Did you file a report against the officer/officers? One reason a lot of the bad apples are still in service is because people don't report them.

I get what you're saying, and generally agree with it, but you're never win, or be able to assert your rights when you're already pulled over/stopped. When that happens, you need to make sure you do what you need to do to get out of the situation unscathed.

No I didn't report them, they were plain clothes officers and no badge was visible.

They weren't willing to volunteer their badge numbers or their names.

So basically at that point it was about getting out of the situation unscathed.

So yeah, we're at their mercy.

This is exactly why I will never trust an officer ever again.

Last edited:
Random pics in my phone. Don't remember if I uploaded these before or not. My 1911 XSE. Changed out the double diamond grips for ones with a colt medallion. Haven't done anything else to it at all.

Nice 1911 I plan to add one of those in my collection soon. I took my mom, brother, and girlfriend to the range yesterday it was the best range trip to date. My mom just got a glock 19 so I had to get her shooting. The lady and I shot our m&ps for the first time too. I'll always be a glock man but smith nailed the m&p. I freaking love that gun crap shoots so smooth and I love the sound it makes when you rack a round in the chamber. 15+1 rounds of .40 in that small of a frame is no joke. The full size m&ps are compact in my eyes compared to glocks. Honestly I think I like it more than my glocks.

My one and only. But I'm I'm the market for a 9, any advice? I'm a rookie to the gun game.

Can't go wrong with the Glock or M&P.. I'll throw in the Springfield XD-9 as an alternative as well. 

Got a new holster in the other day. Sticky Holster for my XD and I like it so far. IWB and it doesn't have a clip or anything, it just uses compression and it's grippy texture to stay tucked. Not bad so far, I wanted something comfortable so I could carry when I wanted.

Still want to get something smaller for carrying daily. I love some of Springfield's compact options like the XDS and I still want a Walther PPK as well.

Back
Top Bottom