NT's LEGAL Gun Thread UPDATE...First Youtube Firearm Review Page 61

I have been looking to build a variety of an arsenal.

9mm home defense bedside gun
.22 lr bug out rifle in the trunk
380 concealed
12 gauge under the bed shotgun
223/5.56 rifle in the closet

I have debated what my next one would be, I still think I need that XD-S .45, it's just calling my name.

Or maybe get a 1911 and call it a day

Quick question guys, and I think I know the answer already but need to be triple sure at this point. Background: I took my new build to the range the other day, a 300 blk pistol (I dont recommend in this panic environment) that I've been sitting on for months. Its suppressed, and first shot fired fine. Then it jammed, or had a feed issue. I pulled the charging handle and a full unspent round popped out. Figured, maybe a one off. Fired next round, went fine. Then the same issue. Did this dance for a couple more shots and then gave up.

Is this an issue with the buffer? The desk jockeys at the range seemed to think there's a difference between 223/556 bolt carriers and a 300blk bcg, and said to get a "300 blackout bolt carrier group, or a different mag", but that would be news to me. Everything I've read and looked up makes me think it's an issue with having too light of a buffer (my lower came with a standard carbine buffer). Any consensus from yall?

Also, I cant believe I'm shooting dollar bills downrange these days. Never in my life :smh:

Quick question guys, and I think I know the answer already but need to be triple sure at this point. Background: I took my new build to the range the other day, a 300 blk pistol (I dont recommend in this panic environment) that I've been sitting on for months. Its suppressed, and first shot fired fine. Then it jammed, or had a feed issue. I pulled the charging handle and a full unspent round popped out. Figured, maybe a one off. Fired next round, went fine. Then the same issue. Did this dance for a couple more shots and then gave up.

Is this an issue with the buffer? The desk jockeys at the range seemed to think there's a difference between 223/556 bolt carriers and a 300blk bcg, and said to get a "300 blackout bolt carrier group, or a different mag", but that would be news to me. Everything I've read and looked up makes me think it's an issue with having too light of a buffer (my lower came with a standard carbine buffer). Any consensus from yall?

Also, I cant believe I'm shooting dollar bills downrange these days. Never in my life :smh:

I had a similar issue. For whatever reason the safety selector would kick back half way after every shot basically causing the issue you mentioned. I ended up taking the grip off and putting it back on, that solved the issue.

I had a similar issue. For whatever reason the safety selector would kick back half way after every shot basically causing the issue you mentioned. I ended up taking the grip off and putting it back on, that solved the issue.
Odd. I didnt notice the safety out of position, but I'll try that anyways since it cant hurt.

noskey noskey what buffer weight are you using H1 or H2? For my 300blk I'm using an H2 and have no issues. Sounds like its not cycling the bcg properly causing an ejection issue. Something to checkout at the least.

edit: I just saw you are running suppressed so an H2 most likely wouldn't work in your case as i'm shooting un-suppressed. Not sure what weight you should be running.

Well I'm using a standard carbine buffer atm. Which is the lightest buffer. Was thinking I might need at least an H1 buffer.

IMG_20210217_152234.jpg

20210216_150937.jpg

IMG_20210217_152324.jpg

IMG_20210217_152354.jpg

20210217_153251.jpg

How much are you guys 300 blackout pistol builds running you? I have an itch for a cqb pistol thats suppressed. I only own one AR, a DDm4v7, never built one. Do you guys just buy a full lower then a full upper or are you really going piece by piece and doing all the work yourself? Not sure if I have the patience for that. Might just put some money to the side every check until I can get a full BCM, DD, Sig or Saint

How much are you guys 300 blackout pistol builds running you? I have an itch for a cqb pistol thats suppressed. I only own one AR, a DDm4v7, never built one. Do you guys just buy a full lower then a full upper or are you really going piece by piece and doing all the work yourself? Not sure if I have the patience for that. Might just put some money to the side every check until I can get a full BCM, DD, Sig or Saint

This is just me, I would probably still go after the Sig because why not. But I would also build one out.

I recently put together my first lower. It was intimidating but I watched a few YT videos and managed to get it done in about 2 hours. I will say that after I finished I felt accomplished and happy + knowing how do things like that helps incase you need to change a broken part etc. Another big factor is being able to put in the parts you want. Like I did a 3.5lb drop in trigger while most manufactures have standard triggers with 6lb+ pulls. Just my opinion.

You could also just buy respectable complete lower/ complete upper slap them together and call it a day.

I built mine from the ground up. Honestly, get whatever mil-spec lower you desire and don't spend alot of money on that. As long as your barrel and the bcg are top notch you can get away with "cheaper" parts for the rest of the build.

300 bo is really cheap to build and buy prebuilt because there hasnt been ammo in that caliber to seen in a calendar year. if you got a supply hop on one. shouldnt be more than 700 for a quality one. aero lower, psa upper etc

jewseejay jewseejay I’ve been striking out for the last two weeks man! Cabella’s had .308 on the shelf and a dude said Scheel’s had 556 so i grabbed a box and rolled out. Got there just in time. They actually had reloading supplies too. Hopefully its a sign of the near future.

300 bo is really cheap to build and buy prebuilt because there hasnt been ammo in that caliber to seen in a calendar year. if you got a supply hop on one. shouldnt be more than 700 for a quality one. aero lower, psa upper etc
Mine is backwards; PSA lower and Aero upper with Aero bcg and a Radian charging handle. Not counting the suppressor it was like 750 total. Not all that bad compared to prebuilt Rugers going for 699 these days.

I bought ammo on Friday for the first time in almost a year. When did ammo get so expensive at Bass Pro? They had 20 round boxes of Winchester M193 for $12.99 and 150 round boxes for $89.99. They have a 5 box limit. I managed to go back in the store 3 times without anyone noticing me. I bought the ammo for my friends who are always asking me for ammo. I have a lot of friends with guns and no ammo.

Ill be your freind.... 👀👀👀👀

Ive put 500 miles on my truck this week alone lookin for what u jus found. The Northeast sucks for this kind of ish. Too many people not enough stores

In this climate, yes. You are absolutely right. It’s a great price for people who are either low on ammo or don’t have any at all.

Back
Top Bottom