NT's LEGAL Gun Thread UPDATE...First Youtube Firearm Review Page 61

Academy near me had a ton of Monarch 9mm. Folks were in there turning their nose up at it too :lol:

4E4D347E-8581-4747-A0EF-C7795E0704B7.jpeg

Mid pandemic here in the suburbs of Houston, I could go to Academy on Monday, Wednesday, or Thursday right at opening and count on being able to scoop a few boxes of what I need. As it progressed people got hip to the shipments and small lines began to form right before opening. Still pretty easy to scoop. NOW?!...I left the gym the other morning at 6:30am and there was a line of at least 15 outside Academy for a 9am opening. **** is ridiculous. I’m stocked for my pistols and AR but I have a brand new shotgun that is basically useless. Can’t find a box of 00 buck to save my life. 😑

Mid pandemic here in the suburbs of Houston, I could go to Academy on Monday, Wednesday, or Thursday right at opening and count on being able to scoop a few boxes of what I need. As it progressed people got hip to the shipments and small lines began to form right before opening. Still pretty easy to scoop. NOW?!...I left the gym the other morning at 6:30am and there was a line of at least 15 outside Academy for a 9am opening. **** is ridiculous. I’m stocked for my pistols and AR but I have a brand new shotgun that is basically useless. Can’t find a box of 00 buck to save my life. 😑

This is the only 00 i’ve seen in a minute.

Try the bass pro shop in pearland

Just left Academy at about 7:15 and was able to grab a 100 round box of Winchester .45 and they had shelves full of .308/HP 9mm/.40 S&W. Stay patient brethren, feels like the hype may be crumbling slightly. :pimp::pimp:

Anyone here have their slide cut to mount a red dot? Is it worth the trouble of getting the slide cut or is it better to just buy a new pre-cut slide?

Man who do i owe money too? :nerd: Im finally back home n got out ASAP to shoot.

.30-.30 group at 25 yds. the three touching holes are benched then i stood up freehand and finished the 5. def low right.
ranged out to 125 with the irons and thats about my max to consistently get hits where i want on a silhouette target. With some practice maybe another 50-75 yds but i dunno how ppl shoot out to 300 n beyond with irons. my eyes r dog**** haha worn big *** glasses since i was a kid.

Attachments

• thumbnail_20210223_111138.jpg
    thumbnail_20210223_111138.jpg
    201.8 KB · Views: 120
  • thumbnail_20210223_105120.jpg
    thumbnail_20210223_105120.jpg
    220.5 KB · Views: 149
Anyone here have their slide cut to mount a red dot? Is it worth the trouble of getting the slide cut or is it better to just buy a new pre-cut slide?

id just buy the cut slide. shipping is so eratic right now and I cant imagine somebody doing the job well for much less than it would cost for a pre milled slide with the added benefit of course being you have 2 complete slides instead of one

Man who do i owe money too? :nerd: Im finally back home n got out ASAP to shoot.

.30-.30 group at 25 yds. the three touching holes are benched then i stood up freehand and finished the 5. def low right.
ranged out to 125 with the irons and thats about my max to consistently get hits where i want on a silhouette target. With some practice maybe another 50-75 yds but i dunno how ppl shoot out to 300 n beyond with irons. my eyes r dog**** haha worn big *** glasses since i was a kid.
More pics of that? ::nerd:

Havent shot my revolver since i got the rubber grips. Might have to visit the range this weekend

I had some success tracking down ammo this morning. I stopped by my local Academy Sports 10 minutes before they opened and I was able to walk out with two bulk packs. I was number 50 or so in line.

100 Rounds - Federal American Eagle XM193 55 Grain FMJ - $47.99/Box
100 Rounds - Winchester 45 ACP 230 Grain FMJ - $54.99/Box

Bass Pro got a delivery in this morning too. They open at 9 and I got there around 10. I grabbed a few bulk packs of 9mm.

100 Rounds - Herters 9mm 115 Grain FMJ - $29.99/Box

cabelas was my go to for ammo last year. Nearest one a hour away. I would have to know what day they get deliveries and take off work

12 gauge
9mm
.44mag/spc
.45acp
.32acp
.32-20
.22lr/s/l
.556/223/wylde
7.62x39
.357mag/38spc
.30-30
.30-06