• Integral Light Rail

• Weighs 14% Less Than a Comparable Steel Model

• 30 LPI High Cut Checkered Frontstrap

• High-Ride Beavertail Grip Safety

• Tactical Thumb Safety

• 3 ½# - 3 ¾# Crisp Trigger Pull

• Contoured Magazine Well

• G10 Starburst Grips

Yup WC is like getting a Lambo in the 1911 world lol. I think I'd get a Springfield Professional with that kinda money have some left over.

Originally Posted by smoke ya later

Originally Posted by ElderWatsonDiggs

Originally Posted by AR Guy

My new chest rig came in and a big +1 to ares armor for everything.

All of my gear for now.
Awesome Rig, AR Guy. Looks like a quick release cummerbund. It's crazy how many different styles there are. Some guys like plate carriers, some guys prefer vests with Molle/Alice (Malice) attachments for versatility.
good stuff AR guy
heard the Oakley gloves suck but they do look great
and I'm diggin the (condor?) jacket with velcro panels I still haven't copped one but they look
pimp.gif

I work for a tactical protection service and I use a condor(best made in china gear) modular operator plate carrier and it's so much more comfortable than the old tac-vest with a belt
The oakley gloves serve their purpose of protecting my hands so they're not that bad, they breath well so they work in hot weather, terrible for the cold though. Plus I got them at a discount

(USStandardIssue.com ftw). I'm looking into getting a pair that is fire resistant so I could actually use them in a deployment more specifically the Wiley-X CAG-1. The Condor jacket is basically a rip-off

of the TAD Gear Stealth hoodie but that jacket cost $300 so I'll take the $85 knock off that works about just as good lol. And oh yeah, I love that jacket too, it's water proof, keeps me warm and decently

stylish too.

Originally Posted by awon23

Originally Posted by ElderWatsonDiggs

This was at the gunshow. It's the HK 416 "pistol"  chambered in .22LR. This gun is so amazing. It will be mine in the next few months. Feels so good in the hand.

sick.gif
pimp.gif

How much is that going to run you?

I think it was around 500 

but it's still a .22

that's why I love condor
anyone check out TAG plate carriers?
My chest rig is by TAG gear so I will vouch for them but forewarning; if you don't plan on buying rifle plates or soft armor a plate carrier is a bad idea. Look at chest rigs and other tac vests.

that's why I love condor
My chest rig is by TAG gear so I will vouch for them but forewarning; if you don't plan on buying rifle plates or soft armor a plate carrier is a bad idea. Look at chest rigs and other tac vests.
guy I work with has a TAG and it looks pretty dope. I think it might quick release. which is the only thing I don't like.  the front map pocket makes a good place to stuff a paddle serpa holster into. especially for a compact

that's why I love condor
guy I work with has a TAG and it looks pretty dope. I think it might quick release. which is the only thing I don't like.  the front map pocket makes a good place to stuff a paddle serpa holster into. especially for a compact
The military only allows quick release rigs because it's easier to get a casualty out of in an emergency. Because of this most rigs are going to have quick release buckles. I do really like the front bib, I want

to get an admin pouch for pens, paper, maps etc. I never understood the fascination of putting a holster on your chest. Going prone with a pistol on your chest would be a pain in the @++, also trying to draw

it from the prone seems harder too. For me on my hip or on a drop leg holster seems most practical.

The military only allows quick release rigs because it's easier to get a casualty out of in an emergency. Because of this most rigs are going to have quick release buckles. I do really like the front bib, I want

to get an admin pouch for pens, paper, maps etc. I never understood the fascination of putting a holster on your chest. Going prone with a pistol on your chest would be a pain in the @++, also trying to draw

it from the prone seems harder too. For me on my hip or on a drop leg holster seems most practical.
being in a vehicle it's good to have one on your chest. but on feet it's hip or thigh

My newest pickup.  .223 Del-Ton.  Haven't bought a new rifle in some time.  Been shooting the same Armalite .223 for years.  
b4b364d76c7b6c1ef8eaa50baa702380f6d0f9cd_r.jpg

892364d7665467caffb2aa82a91b24573a12ef10_r.jpg

I have some EOTECH sights on the way as well
pimp.gif

Lots of good info in here guys.

As far as rigs go, well I have seen it all downrange. Then again it depends on how much latitude your unit has (per company commander/battalion commander). The guys I was downrange with had all the latitude in the world, could basically get their gear "COTS" (commercial off the shelf), and they didn't have to wear body armor if they so chose. Some guys hate drop legs, because they say it has more snag potential...and yes it's true some guys prefer their holster on their chest because they are in vehicles most of the time. Quick release is very important, but also a drag handle of some sort so you can pull a comrade away from danger if possible.

When I had my Kimber I had a Serpa that I had on a crossdraw on my chest. I practiced, practiced, practiced the draw and reholstering. With a quick finger swipe on the release and a draw you could actually be on target quicker than using a drop leg because your arm is already at an angle to put the front sight post on target.  With a drop leg you are pulling it up and then extending your arms out.

2ega8ah.jpg

Dang I miss my Kimber, but I'm more than happy with her replacement. But anyway that was my Serpa setup with it. Really fast draw.

29go9dc.jpg

My surprise on the back...a quick flip of the latches and the knife falls right into my hand. It's a heavy Tanto blade that can pierce soft body armor with ease. The blade is heavy and thick enough to fracture a skull if you hit a dude with the non sharpened side. Or you can use the handle to bash windows, heads, limbs, whatever. There are also holes around the handle and blade guard so that you can lash it to a stick a make a rudimentary spear. No Crocodile Dundee

My Dad just picked up a Stag 6H upper, that barrel is thick as hell!!! I need a chest rig soon, you guys are killing me sharing pics of your set up lol.

So we have some 1911 connoisseurs here I see. Welp, I'll pass some stuff down that has been told/taught to me about the amazing weapon.

1. For the match grade 1911's ESPECIALLY Kimbers...It takes an average of 500 rounds before it's broken in. It can be finicky before that. Don't trust it as your CCW until you get those 500 through.
2. Get Wilson Combat Mags, they are the best point blank. Throw those POS Kimber mags away. Why Kimber nickle and dimes you on Mags when you just paid $1100+ escapes me.
3. Test out different hollowpoint rounds and see which one your gun likes better. Originally 1911's were meant for copper jacketed ball ammo. Most of the match grade 1911's will have polished feed ramps, but still it's best to test different brands of JHP rounds.
4. Don't ever reassemble your gun with the grip safety depressed...you can shear off an important component that I can't quite think of at this moment, lol.
5. Take your time reassembling, especially for the first few times...the tolerances are so tight with the match grades that putting the slide release pin back in can be a huge PITA.

The G.I. models or basic models of the 1911 are not as accurate, but they have much looser tolerances on average, and don't need as much TLC as their high end counterparts.

easily best thread on NT for me right now.
never paid much attention to 1911's until I spotted a Wilson Combat
I can't stand wearing a drop-leg because it cuts off circulation to my leg and I can't get it adjusted just right. taping off the straps, etc gets annoying

oh and for CCDW, the cross breed still remains my favorite most comfortable holster made today. it's genius. you can carry any service pistol comfortably

Hey Elder, do you know any company that makes Medium Weight AR barrels? I'd like to change my barrel or get a new upper, but BCM never has that damn Socom Upper in stock.

Originally Posted by DRFT n Dunks

Hey Elder, do you know any company that makes Medium Weight AR barrels? I'd like to change my barrel or get a new upper, but BCM never has that damn Socom Upper in stock.

what length

DRFT, you might try Noveske. ARGuy can probably chime in, as well as a few other in this thread.

BTW, when I mentioned AR Guy I didn't mean to exclude anybody in here that could answer DRFT. I mean most of us really really like AR's and a lot of us have at least one, but ARG seems to LOVE AR's and has a lot of intricate info on them that's why. Myself I have a good working knowledge of them and their components, but no expert by any means.

Carbine length, prefer 16" barrels to keep it legal without changing flash hiders... I live in CA so I have alot of rules for this Black Rifle.

Carbine length, prefer 16" barrels to keep it legal without changing flash hiders... I live in CA so I have alot of rules for this Black Rifle.

If you're looking for specifically carbines with a government profile barrel check out BCM, Daniel Defense, or Spikes Tactical. These companies are all on spec to the same as required for the US military.

Also don't discount mid-length barrels either. Same 16" barrel, more length on the handguard and a longer site radius which makes aiming easier. Also the mid-length gas system has a slightly smoother 

recoil. Plus to me I hate the look of 16" M4 barrels
laugh.gif
. That is why I went with the 14.5" with a permanently attached flash hider. One day soon I'll SBR it and get a regular flash hider so I can mount a

suppressor on it. But until than it will remain. And thanks for the acknowledgment Elder.
smile.gif

Hey Elder. What are your thoughts on the Remington R1 1911?  Ive been looking to purchase it for awhile now as my first pistol and from what i've read you seem to have a lot of knowledge about 1911's.  Thanks in advance.

Back
Top Bottom