NT's LEGAL Gun Thread UPDATE...First Youtube Firearm Review Page 61

Originally Posted by richiecotite

Originally Posted by bjamez20

thinking about getting a .22 just for some simple target shooting though
truth. It's getting hard paying $25-$30 a box for range ammo. Since watching TopShot, I been really thinking bout a little 22 pistol.

Gunshow Friday in VA (Dulles Expo Center) + payday= new toys
pimp.gif

thinking about picking up a Mosin-Nagant, theres a spot in the country that will install and zero for free as long as you buy from them. Definitely need something for that long range touch (plus, it looks a lot less scary than my dpms panther)

Also, Ive been shooting my .223 a bit lately, im sure it needs a good cleaning and lube. What are the essentials I'll need to break it down? 

pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
Cotite...want to meet up there? I live in the DC/MD/VA area. Hit me up in IM. Have you been to the NRA National Headquarters range in VA yet? I went 3 weeks ago, was awesome...one of the few indoor ranges that allows you to shoot pistol, rifle, and shotgun. You best believe I brought all my guns there. I was shooting 3 inch Magnum slugs and it sounded like a battleship cannon even with ear protection
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
. Gave me a free shoulder massage.

Also I am about to join the Quantico Marine Base Shooting club. You have to be Active Duty or DoD for the most part, but I can bring a guest. Let me know. They have 2 600 yard ranges, a 300 yard range, and a 1000 yard range, a shotgun range, pistol ranges, and 2 shoot houses. All for $63 a year. Gotta love the Marines, haha.

QSC%20Satellite%20view%20-%20Range%20ID%20and%20distances.jpg

pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif

Also, Ive been shooting my .223 a bit lately, im sure it needs a good cleaning and lube. What are the essentials I'll need to break it down? 

There are as many answers to your question as there are gun manufacturers
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
. But I can tell you one of the MANY solutions. Hoppes # 9 solvent...a bore snake in the .223/5.56 size (makes cleaning your rifle too easy), and some Break Free CLP.

I'm assuming you know how to field strip your AR, if not I'd suggest you look at a few YOutube videos, but the best is to have someone teach you in person. It's not too hard, but you have to pay attention to detail when dealing with the bolt carrier group. I learned while in OSUT, and it wasn't long before we could disassemble and reassemble in less than a minute.

My .22lr pistol is a Ruger Mark III 22/45, I freaking love that thing. Just be sure to feed it Copper plated rounds for best feeding and less fouling. Try to avoid those thunderbolts for 22s, I saw a video on youtube that it made his chamber and rifling go ovalish in shape.

Diggs what up bro... My brother is in the DMV now doing a Gov job he got his piece out there with him. If thats an open invite I know he would wanna check out that gun range if possible

Originally Posted by sneakaprince

Diggs what up bro... My brother is in the DMV now doing a Gov job he got his piece out there with him. If thats an open invite I know he would wanna check out that gun range if possible
Hey, what's good my dude? Yeah, I know you are good people (so I assume your bro is too) so it's all good with me. I'm always about dudes with guns getting range time. Owning a gun is only 1/4 of the equation. Knowing your weapon, it's characteristics,  and it's limitations could not only save the owners life, but possibly save other lives as well. I plan on buying my membership sometime in May. I'll keep you posted.

Good looks Diggs... I rarely stop in this thread but I been thinking about buying sometime down the line... My brother on the other hand felt like he needed one since he doesn't own a dog and lives alone.... I will hit u around this summer about that range invite dude will be psyched

Originally Posted by ElderWatsonDiggs

There are as many answers to your question as there are gun manufacturers
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
. But I can tell you one of the MANY solutions. Hoppes # 9 solvent...a bore snake in the .223/5.56 size (makes cleaning your rifle too easy), and some Break Free CLP.

I'm assuming you know how to field strip your AR, if not I'd suggest you look at a few YOutube videos, but the best is to have someone teach you in person. It's not too hard, but you have to pay attention to detail when dealing with the bolt carrier group. I learned while in OSUT, and it wasn't long before we could disassemble and reassemble in less than a minute.

I was just wondering if there are any specific tools i'd need to break it down or anything that would make it easier.

Maaaan, youtube video's are way more helpful than any guide you could buy/comes with the gun. I dissasembled my 1911 this weekend for the first time because i wanted to get everything cleaned and oiled, and i wanted to make a few mods (WC extended thumb slide). Put it back together, and had 1 part left 
mad.gif
. Youtubed a few instructional video, took it apart, put it back together again. Got a much better understanding of how everything actually works, but my fingers are still paying the price. 

Got back from the gunshow today. Too bad my license isn't in the state the gunshow is in, because I couldn't trade or buy guns legally. Best believe I had some dudes trying to do side deals with me, but I'm not stupid...ATF has undercover buyers at these events. One dude pulled out $800 in cash trying to buy my FNP 45 Tactical. Anyway I bought 2 accessories which I'll show below.

fp43l.jpg

Picked up this 4x scope. It's not a name brand, but it has coated nitrogen filled glass and a very very crisp and clear view. Also a ballistic reticle that is matched to 55gr 5.56 ammo.

v2woow.jpg

Green laser and 225 Lumen flashlight LAM. The green laser is so much more visible in daylight then the red. Flashlight is powerful, and it has a strobe function to disorient an adversary in darkness. The laser and the light can be on at the same time. Now all I need for the 45 Tactical is a suppressor.

rmip39.jpg

My personal kit. I only keep what I can carry on me.

8vt2sh.jpg

This was at the gunshow. It's the HK 416 "pistol"  chambered in .22LR. This gun is so amazing. It will be mine in the next few months. Feels so good in the hand.

Just got my Serpa holster in for my M&P9 and 2 magazine extenders for and an extra 5 rounds in my mags on my chest rig. Pics will be up soon.

Quoted below is something I wrote about Offensive Handgun Weapons Systems. Traditionally a handgun is thought to be a defensive weapon only. The true answer is that it all depends on what the situation/scenario is, and the setup of the pistol. With the addition of my LAM (Laser Aiming Module) my Tac .45 is now officially an OHWS. 16 rounds of .45, Tritium high profile combat sights in order to still be visible with a suppressor attached), under-barrel rail, threaded hammer forged stainless steel barrel, and a slide cutout to accept a Mini Red Dot sight. To complete the system I need a Trijicon RMR MRDS, and a suppressor. Also %100 ambidextrous controls.

After much research, and now that I own one, usage and thinking about the Philosophy of Use (I know some of you guys hate the man who uses that phrase, but I digress), I have come to the conclusion that the FNP .45 Tactical is the firearm component of an extremely versatile Offensive Handgun Weapon System. Ok this is the part where the overused and often incorrect cliche is used...(A handgun is not offensive). Actually depending on the "mission" and configuration of of the firearm, a handgun CAN be an offensive weapon.

I say weapon system because the actual handgun is just a component (albeit the major component) of the entire system. To make it into an Offensive Handgun System, we can add a MRDS to the slide, a light and laser combo on the rails, already comes with 3 hi-cap mags, is a powerful caliber (not THE most powerful, but perfect balance of size, manageable recoil, muzzle energy, controlability), and a threaded barrel for a suppressor or flash hider. Not to mention small things like ambi-controls, tall tritium night sights, and a field case that can store and transport all of the components.

With the mini red-dot sight you have quick target acquisition ability in daylight/lighted conditions, or in low light when you wouldn't want to give away your position like a laser might. With the white light/laser combo you have illumination capability in ultra low light/no light conditions, and the ability to mark and take down targets with pinpoint accuracy (within reasonable distance) wit the laser. The tall night sights provide a co-witnessed backup option should your optics malfunction OR if you just prefer irons, plus their high profile will prevent sight picture obstruction with a suppressor attached. Tritium charged "dots" helps to mitigate potential low light targeting issues. Adding a suppressor helps muffle the report, while also significantly reducing muzzle flash which helps the operator as far as eyes adjusting to the flash in low light conditions, and to boot it can have a positive impact on recoil. The high capacity magazines allows an operator to have more rounds should he need it...which plays a major factor in an offensive role.

I feel the offensive role most suited for a weapon system like the Tactical .45 would be in an assault team primarily in an interior situation (think office buildings, or drug house seizures) WITH long gun or submachine gun support. Now if we are talking longer distance engagements, or very large open interiors like an airport for example then it would not be ideal.

pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif

Went to the show yesterday; picked up a few things.

Wilson 10 rd magazine
Chip McCormack 10 rd mag
african mahogany grips
250 rounds 230 gr ball ammo

Shotgun

6 shot bolt on shell holder

A2

new handguard with 4 rails (installed)
sling
250 rds 5.56
2 30 rd magpul mags

also picked up a Mosin Nagant. I figured a military rifle shooting .308 for $100 is worth a tryout, at least

will post pics later

I'm about to get my pistol purchase permit, and then taking what I buy to a concealed carry class in June/July.  Long story short, my wife saw the Taurus Millenium Pro in Pink at a gun show and all of a sudden was interested in gun ownership.  I figured it would be easiest for us to have guns that used the same type of ammunition (.380 ACP), and I've always liked the PPK.  I am seriously considering buying a Sig Sauer P232...anybody have any reviews/feedback about that gun?

Originally Posted by eaalto

I'm about to get my pistol purchase permit, and then taking what I buy to a concealed carry class in June/July.  Long story short, my wife saw the Taurus Millenium Pro in Pink at a gun show and all of a sudden was interested in gun ownership.  I figured it would be easiest for us to have guns that used the same type of ammunition (.380 ACP), and I've always liked the PPK.  I am seriously considering buying a Sig Sauer P232...anybody have any reviews/feedback about that gun?
if i was in your boat, i'd go ahead and get yourself the same gun (in pink, to match
tongue.gif
). Won't have to worry about who's got what mags, just in case one of you has to use the others gun or mag. 

Personally, im only going with 1911's from here on in.

Ah, I forgot about mags...Hell, even if it had to be a pink gun, honestly that's a step in the right direction because when I got married she was as anti-gun as it gets.  Since moving to North Carolina, she has had a lot more exposure to guns, has held them (hasn't shot yet), and once she saw that pink gun it was go time.  
I wouldn't mind something bigger but I think the idea was for concealed carry (not sure if I'd ever actually do it).

Quoted below is something I wrote about Offensive Handgun Weapons Systems. Traditionally a handgun is thought to be a defensive weapon only. The true answer is that it all depends on what the situation/scenario is, and the setup of the pistol. With the addition of my LAM (Laser Aiming Module) my Tac .45 is now officially an OHWS. 16 rounds of .45, Tritium high profile combat sights in order to still be visible with a suppressor attached), under-barrel rail, threaded hammer forged stainless steel barrel, and a slide cutout to accept a Mini Red Dot sight. To complete the system I need a Trijicon RMR MRDS, and a suppressor. Also %100 ambidextrous controls.

After much research, and now that I own one, usage and thinking about the Philosophy of Use (I know some of you guys hate the man who uses that phrase, but I digress), I have come to the conclusion that the FNP .45 Tactical is the firearm component of an extremely versatile Offensive Handgun Weapon System. Ok this is the part where the overused and often incorrect cliche is used...(A handgun is not offensive). Actually depending on the "mission" and configuration of of the firearm, a handgun CAN be an offensive weapon.

I say weapon system because the actual handgun is just a component (albeit the major component) of the entire system. To make it into an Offensive Handgun System, we can add a MRDS to the slide, a light and laser combo on the rails, already comes with 3 hi-cap mags, is a powerful caliber (not THE most powerful, but perfect balance of size, manageable recoil, muzzle energy, controlability), and a threaded barrel for a suppressor or flash hider. Not to mention small things like ambi-controls, tall tritium night sights, and a field case that can store and transport all of the components.

With the mini red-dot sight you have quick target acquisition ability in daylight/lighted conditions, or in low light when you wouldn't want to give away your position like a laser might. With the white light/laser combo you have illumination capability in ultra low light/no light conditions, and the ability to mark and take down targets with pinpoint accuracy (within reasonable distance) wit the laser. The tall night sights provide a co-witnessed backup option should your optics malfunction OR if you just prefer irons, plus their high profile will prevent sight picture obstruction with a suppressor attached. Tritium charged "dots" helps to mitigate potential low light targeting issues. Adding a suppressor helps muffle the report, while also significantly reducing muzzle flash which helps the operator as far as eyes adjusting to the flash in low light conditions, and to boot it can have a positive impact on recoil. The high capacity magazines allows an operator to have more rounds should he need it...which plays a major factor in an offensive role.

I feel the offensive role most suited for a weapon system like the Tactical .45 would be in an assault team primarily in an interior situation (think office buildings, or drug house seizures) WITH long gun or submachine gun support. Now if we are talking longer distance engagements, or very large open interiors like an airport for example then it would not be ideal.

pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif

eek.gif
eek.gif
eek.gif
eek.gif
eek.gif
eek.gif
eek.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
I would finger-%%$## the hell out of this gun if I owned it. I can't wait till I can afford to buy these toys.
30t6p3b.gif

WatsonDiggs,
Is that a removable stock on a pistol grip shotgun?  If so, then how do you like it?
I was looking into a couple of the Mossy like that, but was not too confident in the recoil safety.  

I love 1911s and I'd most def. carry a 1911 and an AR in any scenario, its just carrying around the .45s to feed it is the hard part lol.

Originally Posted by Supermanblue79

WatsonDiggs,
Is that a removable stock on a pistol grip shotgun?  If so, then how do you like it?
I was looking into a couple of the Mossy like that, but was not too confident in the recoil safety.  
The stock is removable, but it's not the pistol grip version. The pistol grip version is made by a company called Choate. I like the traditional buttstock grip because for me it feels more natural when holding it to your shoulder. Again this is my preference...Your Mileage May Vary.

The safety activating via recoil hasn't been an issue for with the 930 SPX Tactical. It's rock solid, and in my opinion in a better place than the Remington's safety. Then again that comes down to preference as well. You may want to look into the Mossberg 590. That is the more robust, durable, and reliable version of the Mossberg pumpguns.

Originally Posted by Supermanblue79

WatsonDiggs,
The stock is removable, but it's not the pistol grip version. The pistol grip version is made by a company called Choate. I like the traditional buttstock grip because for me it feels more natural when holding it to your shoulder. Again this is my preference...Your Mileage May Vary.

The safety activating via recoil hasn't been an issue for with the 930 SPX Tactical. It's rock solid, and in my opinion in a better place than the Remington's safety. Then again that comes down to preference as well. You may want to look into the Mossberg 590. That is the more robust, durable, and reliable version of the Mossberg pumpguns.
Nice.  I'll make sure that I look into the 590 on my next trip. 

8vt2sh.jpg

This was at the gunshow. It's the HK 416 "pistol"  chambered in .22LR. This gun is so amazing. It will be mine in the next few months. Feels so good in the hand.

sick.gif
pimp.gif

How much is that going to run you?

And on a side note Washington state's governor signed a bill last week which will allow us to finally USE our suppressors. Now I need one for the Sig 556.

Originally Posted by AR Guy

My new chest rig came in and a big +1 to ares armor for everything.

All of my gear for now.
Awesome Rig, AR Guy. Looks like a quick release cummerbund. It's crazy how many different styles there are. Some guys like plate carriers, some guys prefer vests with Molle/Alice (Malice) attachments for versatility.
good stuff AR guy
heard the Oakley gloves suck but they do look great
and I'm diggin the (condor?) jacket with velcro panels I still haven't copped one but they look
pimp.gif

I work for a tactical protection service and I use a condor(best made in china gear) modular operator plate carrier and it's so much more comfortable than the old tac-vest with a belt

Back
Top Bottom