NT's LEGAL Gun Thread UPDATE...First Youtube Firearm Review Page 61

Originally Posted by 6dollaBURGER

Anybody own or shot a Ruger Alaskan?

Ruger-20398-454(1).jpg
is that a 50 cal? I was talking to a guy at the range about the bear killer snub nose sw500

Originally Posted by Murray497

Ruger-20398-454%281%29.jpg
is that a 50 cal? I was talking to a guy at the range about the bear killer snub nose sw500
That's either .454 Casull, 44 Magnum, .480 Ruger, or .45 Colt. Either way it's a very small gun that shoots huge bullets, and yes it was designed in mind to protect you against large wildlife like a grizzly bear, big cats (the four legged Cougars found in the the mountains of Cali...don't need any protection from the 2 legged ones
happy.gif
), and Deebo.

Full disclosure: I googled this info
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif

I just came in to commend the gentlemen who contribute to this thread. It's good to see that this thread is 50+pgs and isn't locked because of immaturity. Stand up job gents

Originally Posted by ElderWatsonDiggs

Originally Posted by Murray497

Ruger-20398-454%281%29.jpg
That's either .454 Casull, 44 Magnum, .480 Ruger, or .45 Colt. Either way it's a very small gun that shoots huge bullets, and yes it was designed in mind to protect you against large wildlife like a grizzly bear, big cats (the four legged Cougars found in the the mountains of Cali...don't need any protection from the 2 legged ones
happy.gif
), and Deebo.

Full disclosure: I googled this info
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif

this is what i was talking about. the guy said he thought he broke his hand when he fired it. 
sick.gif

eek.gif
eek.gif
eek.gif
eek.gif

The .500 SW cartridge shoots a 300 grain projectile at a 2000+ feet per second muzzle velocity. That is incredibly insane. Sure you could kill a Kodiak Brown Bear with that, but you better get him on your first shot, not quite sure how accurate a follow up shot would be after that recoil.

Dathbgboy, thanks for you being a part of this thread, somehow we have all managed to responsibly discuss firearms and legal ownership which is good because we all know how firearms get such a bad rap.

anybody own a .40 or .357 glock?

if so, ive got a 15 rd mag for you. No cost, just NT'ers looking out.

Also, got a 7 or 8 round mag for a makarov.

Originally Posted by richiecotite

anybody own a .40 or .357 glock?

if so, ive got a 15 rd mag for you. No cost, just NT'ers looking out.

Also, got a 7 or 8 round mag for a makarov.

Damn that's cool fam.
I got a 1911 mag for anybody who needs one changing out my grips to rosewood will post pics when i'm done.

eek.gif
eek.gif
eek.gif
eek.gif

The .500 SW cartridge shoots a 300 grain projectile at a 2000+ feet per second muzzle velocity. That is incredibly insane. Sure you could kill a Kodiak Brown Bear with that, but you better get him on your first shot, not quite sure how accurate a follow up shot would be after that recoil.

Dathbgboy, thanks for you being a part of this thread, somehow we have all managed to responsibly discuss firearms and legal ownership which is good because we all know how firearms get such a bad rap.

I shot the 7 inch barrel or whatever the standard is. could be 9 inches. Anyway, that thing just hurt. I hated it. I can't imagine what the snub would be like.

CAFinest23 wrote:

Damn that's cool fam.
I got a 1911 mag for anybody who needs one changing out my grips to rosewood will post pics when i'm done.

before I got rid of 1911, i changed the grips out to black mahogany. Guy at a gunshow made custom grips out of exotic woods for $50, $100 for ivory. If i can ever find his info (he has a website, based out of VA), i'll post it. 

hmmm we got some sig sauer fans in here, nice.

i have no reason to be in here until i get my new piece

All my MD/DC/VA heads;

Quantico Tactical Supply in Potomac Mills is selling everything in store at least 30%; North Face Gear is 50% off. ots of Bllackhawk, 5.11 gear. They also sell a lot of MagPul accessories. Just picked up 2 Pmags with window and an AFG for $52 bucks. Can't beat $12 Pmags.

Eotech 553 for 505 (350 or so after discount), not shabby at all. But they will be moving locations in 2 weeks or so so they sell actual guns in store.

All my MD/DC/VA heads;

Quantico Tactical Supply in Potomac Mills is selling everything in store at least 30%; North Face Gear is 50% off. ots of Bllackhawk, 5.11 gear. They also sell a lot of MagPul accessories. Just picked up 2 Pmags with window and an AFG for $52 bucks. Can't beat $12 Pmags.

Eotech 553 for 505 (350 or so after discount), not shabby at all. But they will be moving locations in 2 weeks or so so they sell actual guns in store.

Yo, was just there to pick up some 5.11 pants a few weeks ago. EXCELLENT store, even better with a discount. I ship out to A-stan next month, so I'll definitely see what I can do. Richiecotite, you going to the gunshow in Chantilly? Any of the DC/MD/VA people in here going?

Al Audi,

What you planning on getting? A Sig? A lot of good options out there for sure, but Sigs will make you a better shooter by default...There was a dude in my preparation course that never shot a pistol in his life...after two days of instruction, dude shot expert (actually a perfect score). Qualification included 25 yard shots double action, one handed rapid fire, and controlled pairs (infamously known as the double tap). Oh we shoot the Sig Sauer P-229 (M-11).

Yo, was just there to pick up some 5.11 pants a few weeks ago. EXCELLENT store, even better with a discount. I ship out to A-stan next month, so I'll definitely see what I can do. Richiecotite, you going to the gunshow in Chantilly? Any of the DC/MD/VA people in here going?

Didn't know there was one, but I google search sas it's the weekend after next. I might make it out there; im really trying to be good and stack up for a couple of things i want (Osprey silencer, another FNP9), but i might go out there to see if i can find a cheap single stage press and .45 set. Went to the range this weekend, and shot $100 worth of .45 in 2 hrs. Theres no way i can do that anymore. Luckily, ive been saving my brass for the past few months.

@Rich, you should check out LEE 45ACP Progressive press.  I have a Lee single stage w/ a 4-hole turret.  So its like a semi progressive and when you get the reloading flow down, you can load about 200-300+ rounds in an hour depending on the loader/reloader.  For people who are reloading, dont forget to keep a nice stock of primers, powder and bullets at hand.  Metal prices are still rising.
sick.gif

All my MD/DC/VA heads;

I ship out to A-stan next month

Stay safe out there man.

Originally Posted by AR Guy

All my MD/DC/VA heads;

Stay safe out there man.
Oh wow, didn't even see that AR Guy. Hey man, always. I'm sure you feel the same way that I do...that it's a privilege and an honor to work on behalf of my country. I take the swear in/oath seriously...again just like yourself.

Originally Posted by JE15306

What do yall think about the HK P30 and Sig P229. im thinking bout coppin one of these.
BOTH [color= rgb(255, 0, 0)]solid[/color] excellent pistols. Forget my humble opinion, the community pretty much feels that away about them. I'd say like many in here have pointed out, to at the very least hold each one in your hand if possible. And IF you could somehow try to shoot them (maybe you're lucky and have a gunshop not too far away that let's you shoot them).

I've heard about Sigs for many years (SEALS, SAS, Secret Service, Air Marshals, yadda yadda), BUT it wasn't until I had first hand experience shooting them back in June that I knew they were for me. To be fair there was a guy in my training class that was a Glock guy and absolutely hated them. All that to say, they are both great...try them out...make a decision from there. Also don't sleep on the M&P's, XDM's, and of course Glocks.

Originally Posted by AR Guy

Stay safe out there man.
Oh wow, didn't even see that AR Guy. Hey man, always. I'm sure you feel the same way that I do...that it's a privilege and an honor to work on behalf of my country. I take the swear in/oath seriously...again just like yourself.
Hooah

Just wanted to chime in to the guy asking ...

I have the 229 and my old man has the P30 which I have fired numerous times (today even 
happy.gif
). Both great guns but I would say very different. 229 is a (tiny) bit on the heavy side, but it's my personal favorite. Trigger, grip, and over all feel fits me perfect but everyone is different.

Biggest difference to me is the trigger so I would try my best to fire them both before buying. If nothing else, hold them both at a shop if you can.

Both awesome guns and I truthfully don't think you would be unhappy with either.

ElderWatson -- don't know you, nor do I ever post here, but stay safe out there man. Appreciate what you and all our soldiers do out there for us. Take it easy.

No doubt sir. Firearms do get a bad rap bc of the fools and cowards wieldin them. Statistics will show that it's those who illegally own firearms who generally commit crimes, not ppl who pay their hard earned money to protect themselves and their families.
With that said, I had a discussion w/ my wife choosing between building a desktop for the house or building an M16......At least I can dual-boot the desktop 
ohwell.gif

Back
Top Bottom