NT's LEGAL Gun Thread UPDATE...First Youtube Firearm Review Page 61

Hey Elder, got another question. So i finally got to take my brand new glock 27 out to my uncles land to pop off a few. I put about 150 rnds through it. When i got home i figured id go ahead and clean it. I used Hoppes No. 9 Solvent and saturated a few cotton patches and ran em through the barrel in the direction the bullet fires. I cleaned it out till patches were running clean. Then i used the same, Hoppes, and just cleaned up the outside of the barrel, then saturated a brush and started cleaning my slide. I steered clear of the firing pin, but did clean around that with a dry cotton patch. Well the slide and barrel are clean, then i just dry wiped little dirty parts of the frame, and put some Safariland Break Free CLP on the metal contact points for lubrication. Well everythings clean but when i look down the barrel now i see white streaks that i dont think i recognized before. I wanted to know if thats normal, or do i need to run some other type of solution/lubricant down the barrel? Here are some pics i took. Any info/advice would be nice. And of course, guns completely unloaded...
fa936ba26ee3985751f4a0b6d52c27779e7905d4_r.jpg
6af3654064509c7b5578a9ded65d205df1157432_r.jpg

As a Glock owner I can tell you that you're fine fam. Just make sure that after you run the cleaner down the barrel make sure you run cotton patches threw the barrel. Looks like you used too much cleaner just a few dabs of that stuff will do the trick. Take you glock apart run a dab of hopps thru it and clean the barrel with some patches. The Glock is an absolute tank you should be fine! Happy shooting!

^did you use a brush when you cleaned it? Im guessing it's buildup from the burned powder. Might want to go to wally world and pick up a brush, then drenching it with solvent and running it through 4-5 times.

Elder, you go to the funshow this weekend?

I went, traded the 45 Tac out for another FNP-9 and cash (gotta love unexpected $1200 auto repair bills). also picked up 200 rounds of 5.56.

AR guy- I read online instead of chrome lining the barrel, they used a proprietary nitrite finish thats supposed to be just as good. But i have heard the 556 and 416 are different guns. If i was gonna get $2700 AR, i'd expect it to take PMAGS and any milspec mag. Better off getting an LWRC with extras for that kind of money.

Richiecotite- from what I've read about on HKs website they feel that the chrome lining "masks the barrels imperfections and negatively effects accuracy." This might be true but its supposed to be a combat rifle and 2 MOA from a combat rifle is very acceptable and I also think it's hilarious that this is coming from a piston AR which are inherently less accurate. If I'm buying a piston gun it's because I plan on shooting the hell out of my weapon not because I want to shoot it off the bench for groups.

Originally Posted by richiecotite

anybody own a .40 or .357 glock?

if so, ive got a 15 rd mag for you. No cost, just NT'ers looking out.

Also, got a 7 or 8 round mag for a makarov.

I just wanted to give a huge shoutout to richiecotite for looking out on that Glock mag. It arrived the other day and its perfect. 
More NTers should be as helpful as this dude, it was a really nice gesture. Now i just gotta figure out a way to pay it forward in the future.

Thanks again Richie.

AR Guy, The MR556 indeed does not have a Chrome lined barrel. But it is cold hammer forged and the alloy that they are using makes for a durable barrel. BTW did you know that the HK G3 never had a chrome lined barrel? One of the most successful battle rifles of lore and it was quite durable and had a very long run. The HK91 which is the civvie version no chrome as well. Trust and believe HK does not put out garbage. HK's mantra is reliability, durability, and accuracy, from their assault rifles (G36, HK416/417), battle rifles (G3), LMG's (HK 21, SMG's (MP5, UMP, MP7), Precision rifles (PSG-1), and even their pistols (HK USP .45). And you will almost never will hear of anything HK being unreliable and not durable. I highly doubt they'd risk or tarnish their reputation by releasing a civvie version of their famed 4 series rifles by making it unreliable and not durable.

Richie Cotite, Yes I went to the greatest show on earth on Saturday. Bought me some Winchester Ranger T series ammo for the 9mm. The Ranger T series is the 5th generation of the old Black Talon bullets...you know the ones that were banned in so many states because of the media coverage it got.  If you can believe this, I sold my rifle. Yes indeed I did...got $1100 for it and that's going to my MR762 fund when it is finally released. I'm going for the battle rifle. Gonna put either the Elcan Specter DR on top or the Night Force NXS 1-4x24 on it. Then it's off to the various shooting schools around the nation.

Edited to add: AR Guy for the record I'm not coming at you bro. Just offering up a different perspective. But I am kind of bummed the MR556 doesn't accept PMAGS. I pretty much expect the MR762 to have proprietary mags though.

Alright so stupid California messed up my paperwork on my HK USP .45 so I had to go back and ended up getting a Sig P220 instead. However i'm thinking of two different finishes help me pick NT.
Two Tone 

P220-TT-detail-L.jpg

Combat

SIG-P220-Combat.gif

I'm thinking Dark Earth is
pimp.gif

Went to the range, shot a friend's M1 Girand, M1 Carbine, and M4.

M1 Girand packs a serious punch, and that round it shoots just craps on the .223 the M4 uses.

All 3 were fun.

Elder I know your not coming at, from your post here on NT I can really tell you're a person who I would get along with great in real life. My thing is just with HK, I have no doubts at all about what they do for military around the world but it just seems to me that on the civilian side they refuse to provde the same product. Colt gives us an AR identical to the M4, FN gives us the SCAR-L and H but HK no G36 (the aborition called the SLR-8 doesn't count
laugh.gif
) no MP5, MP7, and an UMP45 that's blue. If HK gave the US market a MP5 the perception of them would go from "you suck and we hate you" to "you're beautiful and we love you".

Also if you are looking into paying top dollar for a .308 AR you should really look into the Larue OBR. It might be the most accurate AR ever. The 2010 International Sniper Competition was won on the back of one and Mark Larue will stand by his product like no one else. Also you know the OBR will accept .308 PMAGS and you won't have to pay $40 for HKs proprietary mags. You're also supporting an American company too which is a plus too.

Originally Posted by CAFinest23

As a Glock owner I can tell you that you're fine fam. Just make sure that after you run the cleaner down the barrel make sure you run cotton patches threw the barrel. Looks like you used too much cleaner just a few dabs of that stuff will do the trick. Take you glock apart run a dab of hopps thru it and clean the barrel with some patches. The Glock is an absolute tank you should be fine! Happy shooting!
Thanks a lot bro. Appreciate the info. Yea i did use quite a bit of cleaner. I wrapped the patch around the brush and pretty much drenched it in solvent and ran it thru. Repeated once more, then ran dry patches thru till clean. So i should drip the solvent down the barrel? Or is what i'm doing fine, just with less solvent?

Originally Posted by AirNoel2345

Originally Posted by CAFinest23

Thanks a lot bro. Appreciate the info. Yea i did use quite a bit of cleaner. I wrapped the patch around the brush and pretty much drenched it in solvent and ran it thru. Repeated once more, then ran dry patches thru till clean. So i should drip the solvent down the barrel? Or is what i'm doing fine, just with less solvent?
Less solvent. I only put some on the tip of the brush to get all of the lead out. Don't wrap a patch around the brush that's most likely how you have those strips in the barrel. 

Here's a video to show you how to properly clean your pistol.

Originally Posted by ElderWatsonDiggs

Xavier wrote:

at the range yesterday shooting the px4 storm, shoots real accurate.
Nice shooting Xavier. The Storm has an interesting barrel setup. How is taking it apart to clean? I'm curious about the Storm. Maybe they'll have one at the gunshow this weekend I can look at.

super easy man.... comes with a cleaning kit/rod and all that good stuff. the whole twisting barrell really reduces recoil. shoots so smooth
pimp.gif

you can change the grips also if u have big,medium or small size hands

i wanted a smith and wesson m&p .45 though
eyes.gif

i was to about to pull the trigger on a glock 21 but it was used, looked pretty banged up too.

really get your money's worth with the whole beretta line.

AR Guy you speak the truth my dude. You really do...but look at this weapon

2mh7s4w.jpg

I have to have it brother. Finally found where to buy it.

^^^The fortunate man will buy both and then some. Unfortunately I'm not that fortunate. 
laugh.gif
laugh.gif

When are you set to leave AR Guy?

debs 168

They're ok. A short (5-9") barrel on an AR is going to limit the effectiveness of the 5.56 round significantly, you have to remember that barrel length=velocity and velocity=effectiveness

especially with the 5.56 round. In CQB what you lose in muzzle velocity is made up in maneuverability so it honestly may not be that bad of a choice but anything past 50-75yds

effectiveness is reduced immensely because short barrel ARs bleed off energy so quickly it becomes a disadvantage. Also barrels that short are going to be obnoxiously loud. Also some

of these pistols have reliability issues so take that into consideration too. Personally I would never go shorter than 10.5" on an AR. Also you cannot get a proper cheek weld with a AR

pistol because of the lack of a butt stock. The only reason I'd rock an AR pistol is if I was waiting for BAFTE to process my NFA paper work so I could make it a SBR (short barrel rifle i.e.

any rifle with a barrel length <16"). But if you live in a state that doesn't allow SBR's a 10.5" AR pistol wouldn't be all that bad but me personally if I could I'd pony up the extra $200 to

get a tax stamp so I could put a butt stock on it and use it like your supposed to.

(My mindset to weapons, especially ARs, is how effective would this weapon be in combat. Would I trust my life to this weapon? Could I effectively employ this weapon against enemies I may face? Take it for what its worth. If your mindset is you just want a fun range toy than an AR pistol might not be so bad but if you one day need this weapon to protect your home or your loved ones, take what I said with strong consideration.)

Took a buddy out to the range today to test out his new toys.  Lots of fun!  Nothing like making some noise!  Hahaha. 

His arsenal of toys.  As you can see he got carried away with the dura-coat.
laugh.gif

Century AK-74, SF M1A, Saiga-12(Converted), Ruger Mini-14, Saiga-12(Converted), Saiga-410(Converted)

6012278295_c3c46eb8c4_b.jpg

6012278007_1de79f1e2f_b.jpg

6012825058_c204d6784f_b.jpg

Me bump-firing the M1A
laugh.gif
 Easiest gun to bump-fire...ever!

6012825392_de45266ce2_b.jpg

20rd 12 gauge MD Arms Drum

6012278107_686669a708_b.jpg

6012277745_bf6eed6efe_b.jpg

6012277635_55c3224358_b.jpg

BTW, here is my M&P9 full size I received a couple months ago.  Shoots real sweet, very accurate within my 20 yard center mass comfort zone.

6012914966_8a36b36801_b.jpg

6012914976_e561b4c282_b.jpg

6012914984_42f3b52cde_b.jpg

^^^^^
Awesome freaking pictures 206. Yeah man looks like y'all had some fun. The dura-coat is actually quite nice if you ask me.

Still waiting on my suppressor approval
frown.gif

Figured I would post this local guys video on the hk. Check out his other reviews and add him to you guys fb page under Military arms channel

Since I live in such a Short Barrel Rifle and Suppressor friendly state (VA) I am only buying NFA from here on out. I sold my Mark 12 Special Purpose rifle at the last gun show and she will be replaced by a rifle of 14 inches or less. Once I get back from deployment I'll have my baby at my FFL waiting for me. Richiecotite, you feel me? 
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif

BTW I would like to take this time to congratulate our very own AR Guy for receiving his Commission today as an United States Military Officer. Sir, I truly wish the best for you and your career. You will be faced with many tough decisions, and have more and more responsibilities as your career progresses, but I have a feeling that you will be a stellar leader.

Originally Posted by ElderWatsonDiggs

Since I live in such a Short Barrel Rifle and Suppressor friendly state (VA) I am only buying NFA from here on out. I sold my Mark 12 Special Purpose rifle at the last gun show and she will be replaced by a rifle of 14 inches or less. Once I get back from deployment I'll have my baby at my FFL waiting for me. Richiecotite, you feel me? 
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif

I say the same thing! I really want the Daniel Defence Factory Mk18 SBR! I really want an SBR that I dont have to have my name engraved on and a factory one is where its at!

Back
Top Bottom