NT's LEGAL Gun Thread UPDATE...First Youtube Firearm Review Page 61

Just came back from the range, tested out the Beretta 9FS and a SW .357 snub. That magnum was ridiculous....couldn't hit shot beyond 10 yards. Beretta wasn't bad, but the operation on it was a bit clunky...friends and I agreed we'd rather go cop something else...namely German or American.

Edit: +@@!, man...i was holding the P226 and it felt so right in my hand...but my boy was the hittin me up saying he wanted to shoot the beretta. Next time for sure I will give that a try....maybe a 9MM USP as well.

need to get new eye protection for the range.. I'm leaving towards the oakley si ballistic m frame 2.0.. anybody have any experience with them?

^I've got the M frame strikes and they get a little uncomfortable if I where them for long periods. But I do have a big %#$ head so
laugh.gif

anabolic dunk wrote:
need to get new eye protection for the range.. I'm leaving towards the oakley si ballistic m frame 2.0.. anybody have any experience with them?
Never dealt with the M-Frames, but I've done my best shooting with the Revision Sawfly Large Frames. I like the huge uninterrupted visor on them. I just got issued some Wiley X XL-1's and they seem to be all the rage and they can convert from goggles with the foam seal to sunglasses. I just haven't actually worn them yet. They come with clear and smoked lenses. Below is a pic of mine.

25hz7zl.png

Nothing new, well except for the Laser/Light combo. Light is 220 Lumens and it has a strobe function to disorient at night. Laser is the new green lasers. Green lasers are so bright that they will show up on a target in bright sunlight up at 50+ meters away. Has a switch that goes from laser only, light only, and laser/light together. You can toggle it off and on with the thumb of your support hand without breaking grip. My mags are loaded with Winchester Ranger T-Series hollowpoints. These are the infamous Black Talon rounds that have been repackaged because they got bad press. Same bullet, just marketed differently. Suckers spread and has some nasty "talons".

2yuexp5.jpg

image002.jpg

a3fbl4.jpg

Winchester Ranger T-Series

Originally Posted by AR Guy

^I've got the M frame strikes and they get a little uncomfortable if I where them for long periods. But I do have a big %#$ head so
laugh.gif

ah ok.. thanks for the feedback

Originally Posted by ElderWatsonDiggs

anabolic dunk wrote:
Never dealt with the M-Frames, but I've done my best shooting with the Revision Sawfly Large Frames. I like the huge uninterrupted visor on them. I just got issued some Wiley X XL-1's and they seem to be all the rage and they can convert from goggles with the foam seal to sunglasses. I just haven't actually worn them yet. They come with clear and smoked lenses. Below is a pic of mine.

25hz7zl.png

I've heard good stuff about the Revision's.. I'll give them a try

Sig is looking nice Elder!

I need to cop some more mags for my HK. Went shooting with my HK and Glock yesterday will post pics of the targets soon. A friend of mine is doing armed security in Iraq for the US embassy and he was showing me some of the gun practices and tips he learned.

Originally Posted by richiecotite

Originally Posted by CAFinest23

Sig is looking nice Elder!

I need to cop some more mags for my HK. 
Have fun paying $50 plus for magazines 
tongue.gif
Yeah HK mag prices are 
alien.gif
sick.gif
alien.gif
 but I need them.
Here are my targets from yesterday.

HK USP .45 off hand 25 yards away.

Glock 17 9mm worked well 20 yards strong hand double taps 

HK USP .45 strong hand 50 yards.

HK USP .45

Glock 17

Originally Posted by ElderWatsonDiggs

anabolic dunk wrote:

25hz7zl.png

I have some ESS M-frame looking glasses with drop in sunglasses that are pretty decent. I have those Wiley-X ones pictured here but the frame broke and OD duct tape is currently holding them together.

Originally Posted by beansietime

Originally Posted by Solemate96

I went to a basic firearms safety course yesterday but I'm afraid I might not be able to get my LTC license. When I was 19, I went to a party where someone had a revolver and we were all arrested. Also, I got charged with possession of marijuana. The gun charges were dropped on me because they realized the person who possessed the firearm. I'm now 24 and haven't had any legal issues ever since.

Is there any kind of information that people can give to me? I really want my LTC license here in Massachusetts but I'm afraid they're just going to look at my childish behavior when I was young.
Do some reading at Northeastshooters.com, and contact either Keith Langer or Jesse Cohen. Both are awesome firearms attorneys in MA, and can help you through the process. depending on what town you live in it can be a nightmare or a dream.
Thank you for the information. I did some research and checked out Keith Langer's website. Sent in my application a few days ago. *Fingers Crossed* 
ohwell.gif

I feel like such an idiot for hanging out with those goons when I was younger. It's coming back to bite me in the +*$. 
30t6p3b.gif

Yo AR Guy I ordered the DDM4 V3 LW, but now I have to wait 10 days. I also got to see the LWRC M6A2 in person with the flutted barrel and it is 
eek.gif
and it's so light. Now I'm sort of having  buyers remorse. What's your opinion on the LWRC. It's about a stack more than the DDM4 I bought + tax.

Probably getting my first gun tomorrow. Deciding between a Glock 19 or a Springfield Armory XD 9mm. I've handled the XDM and the Glock 17 but they didn't feel as good in the hands to me. I'm getting my concealed license soon so I'll keep that in mind as well as general home defense.

On a related note, if anyone in the Central Florida area is in need of any guns, ammo, etc. my mom has owned her own gun store out in Deland since November. They do trade-ins, consignment, layaway, and will beat the best prices against competitors.
laugh.gif
not trying to advertise too much, but just throwing it out there

my range is having a demo sale on 6 mo. old range guns...im on the fence...i have been wanting the HK P30 .40 for a while and they have it in the sale for 679.00....
still dont know what im gonna do....
-sf77

Very nice Frank Mucus. Don't have buyers remorse, you made the right choice. With that extra grand you can buy a Aimpoint or Eotech and 1000 rds of 5.56 or an ACOG with no ammo. If you really want to lighten your rifle ADCO can reprofile or flute the barrel for you. Also I prefer the direct impingement over the piston operating system for ARs. So you made a great decision for your first AR and most importantly have fun and shoot the hell out of it.

Picked up my first gun today, went with the Springfield XD-9 H.C. It was a tough call because I really did like the Glock 19, but the Springfield's grip safety was one of the things I really wanted so that helped make my decision.

Looking forward to getting to the range sometime soon.

Sorry this is being typed from my iPhone. The Adcor Defense B.E.A.R. Elite is quite simply one of the most advanced and capable AR platforms available. It's not mainstream yet but those in the know are up on it. As a matter of fact it is being considered for the Army's competition for the replacement for the M4. What makes it so great? It has the first free float barrel found in a piston AR. Their piston system eliminates bolt carrier tilt that plagues most piston setups. It has 2 charging options...the traditional charging handle at the rear, and a rail mounted non-reciprocating ambidextrous charging system. This allows you to keep your rifle in firing position while still being able to charge the weapon. But also retains the rear charging handle for traditionalists. It has a monolithic rail system that keeps zero better when taking your optics on and off. It uses a hammer forged AND chrome lined M-249 SAW barell that is good for 25k rounds. It passed the HP White torture test of 6000 rounds and no malfunctions or failures. Also the HK style buried in mud and water submerged test. After the 6000 round test the same gun shot under 1 minute of angle. That's very accurate for a piston AR. The company is out of Baltimore MD. I'm very impressed with this rifle and it is starting to garner a lot of attention from the professional shooting circle. I definitely will check one out when I get back.

^^You are going to love it. I had the Kimber Crimson Carry Pro with laser grips and not only did she look good she shot good. Kimbers have excellent resale/trade value as well. Not to say you are gonna sell it, but if you did you'd get good money for it.

Just got my concealed weapon license today. Took 3 weeks in Northern VA. Anyway I need some help narrowing down concealment holsters. I only know about mil type holsters (Serpa, Safariland, Blackhawk), I know nothing about the civvie type concealed ones. I appreciate your assistance.

Elder checkout
-Comp-Tac
-Raven Concealment
-NTAC Holsters
-Hideous Holsters
-Crossbreed

All make really good kydex holster. I know for sure that Comp-Tac and Crossbreed make hybrid leather/kydex holsters for increased comfort.

Back
Top Bottom