NT's LEGAL Gun Thread UPDATE...First Youtube Firearm Review Page 61

Good to see our thread moving!

Focusing on shooting with both eyes open this was done at 40 yards had a few fliers but i'm happy with my progress.

What do you guys think about Aimpoint vs Eotech.

I'm looking at the Aimpoint compml3 or Eotech XPS2 or EXPS2.

I like the FOV on the Eotech's but everyone at other message boards have been claiming Aimpoint's ease of use and longer battery life and have also mentioned about eotech's failing or falling off their ARs.

EDIT:
Also SLIP EWL or Froglube for cleaning and lubricating.

Originally Posted by ElderWatsonDiggs

Just got my concealed weapon license today. Took 3 weeks in Northern VA. Anyway I need some help narrowing down concealment holsters. I only know about mil type holsters (Serpa, Safariland, Blackhawk), I know nothing about the civvie type concealed ones. I appreciate your assistance.

Raven concealment or Crossbreed

both take a significant time to arrive at your doorstep

Originally Posted by AR Guy

Originally Posted by smoke ya later

nice avy AR guy

Thanks. I can post the full size too if you want.

pimp.gif
 yes please

Here you go.

I've got a whole folder full of high-res gun pron/military photos that scroll through as my desktop 
pimp.gif

CaFinest23, keep up the good work with your shooting. I see you are practicing with both hands which isn't even about showing off...you never know when your primary shooting hand may become incapacitated or limited. Practicing with both eyes open is great as well, better situational awareness. Pretty soon those skills you are developing will become weapon nonspecific, you'll be doing that with almost any platform you come across.

Thanks again for the holster reccs guys. I know it takes sometime for the custom holsters especially the leather ones. I went to Virginia Arms Co. in Manassas today and brought my Siggy to try out some IWB holsters. For right now I like the Galcos, not a bad price and can hold me down until I order and receive my custom. Northern VA shooters I can vouch for Virginia Arms Co. Guys are knowledgeable, they have excellent stock for a smaller store (though they are expanding), and they have a really good selection of Class III NFA items in the store. I held the SCAR 17S 7.62 NATO and I couldn't believe how light that rifle is for a 7.62 Rifle. Lighter than many 5.56 ARs. Not sure if I can get down with the reciprocating charging handle though.

My wife's first time out last November. She just loves shooting my Colt Gold Cup. She's really proud of that dead center head shot at 15 yards. Her grouping wasn't bad at all. Either I was just a good teacher or she's simply a natural.
wink.gif

Mecks, don't just walk, run away from that deal. He really is trying to play you for a fool. Jennings guns have terrible triggers, unreliable, and heavy. You honestly couldn't give me a Jennings pistol for free but $400 you can get a nice used Glock for that, hell my brand new M&P9 only cost $499 and came with 2 magazines.

Originally Posted by magc840

My wife's first time out last November. She just loves shooting my Colt Gold Cup. She's really proud of that dead center head shot at 15 yards. Her grouping wasn't bad at all. Either I was just a good teacher or she's simply a natural.
wink.gif
That's a really good group of shot placement! 
pimp.gif

Thanks elder i've been shooting with my left eye closed for awhile but in a defensive position you'll need both eyes open so i'm trying to become good at that too. i'll get there one day!

Originally Posted by magc840

wink.gif

Judging by the grouping, the dead center mouth shot and the fact that she is practicing excellent trigger discipline I'd say your wife is an undercover agent...and even you don't know about it
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
. One some Mr. and Mrs. Smith stuff.

Originally Posted by MECKS

hey i wanted to ask you guys, how much is this exact gun worth , with no mags, and only a case.

http://bryco-jennings-jimenezarms.com/jennings.html

this guy wanted to sell it to me for $400?

thoughts?
$400?
eek.gif
 Like AR Guy said, RUN! Add to that, no mags and just a case.

If you wanna check the price on a gun. Go here and search for the particular gun you're looking for:

http://www.gunbroker.com

If you really wanted a .380 like that Jennings, there are a lot of better choices at that price range that are more reliable, lighter and with good features perfect for pocket carry (with holster ofcourse). To name a few you have Ruger LCP, Smith & Wesson Bodyguard .380, KelTec P3AT and others.
I personally have the S&W BG .380 because I liked the features on it, but it did come with it's own set of problems which S&W promptly fixed.

LOL at the Mr. and Mrs Smith comment..you had me thinking for a while there ElderWatson. That "excellent" trigger discipline was due to the fact that we got approached by the range officer that day for her finger loving that trigger too much. At least she practices Rule #3 now.

thanks, i knew it was on the high end, i was like ill see around. i really think, being from LA, hes thinking i know some gang member that would want it.

but i did look up that brand, and it had horrible reviews about the grip, weight , pin, everything. thanks for the information

and dude, i loved the glock me and a bunch of friends went shooting at LAX shooting range (it was $45 for a gun rental, 2 targets, safety gear, beginner class, and 50 rounds ) had so much fun.
we shot the glock, beretta, and a desert eagle, and some brand named hk? it was like a two toned gun , brown and black

overall i loved the glock, it felt perfect

my girl shooting....

Game set match. I was set on the Adcor B.E.A.R. but I really want a 7.62 Rifle. So the LaRue Tactical PredatAR 7.62 will be mine when I get back. A 7.62 rifle coming in at only 6.5 lbs is 
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
. Sub MOA accuracy guaranteed. I am in love. Now I have to figure what my optics will be. I'm either gonna do the Eotech with 3x magnifier or an Acog. I cannot wait!!!

BTW guys I'm going to Afghanistan on Tuesday. I'll be back in sometime in January. A short tour. Not sure if I'll be posting while gone, so if not take care guys and I'll be posting again in January. Hopefully my new rifle will be at my gun store waiting for me when I get back.

red2.jpg

Oh my...

opplanet-opmod-eotech-mpo-ii-exps3-0-holosight-w-g23-3x-magnifier-tan-combo.png

Eotech and 3X flip to the side magnifier

634375129503370398np4oboiz.jpg

ACOG with Docter Optic Mini red dot sight.

Ha. very nice choice Elder
pimp.gif
the PredatAR is a bad %%@ rifle. Good luck and stay safe in A-Stan.

^^^ Preciate the send off AR Guy,  and thanks for all the AR related knowledge you bring to the thread. Yeah the PredatAR is nice, the LMT MWS is so nice that the Brits picked it to use. How is anyone supposed to choose between the two?

Went shooting a couple days ago. Took out some old and new variety. My friend found an old Mosin-Nagant. That this is LOUD, but fun. Only shot it twice, the metal butt was a pain. Shot down clay pigeons with a 12-guage like a pro, that was fun. And, .44 magnums are the %+#*. Fired off a quick 6 rounds and my hand was killing me
laugh.gif
Wouldnt mind owning one of those in the future. Wouldnt mind at all.

No pics, I completely forgot to whip my phone out
ohwell.gif

Stay safe, Elder.

Be easy men, shoot straight and keep up the good work. Can't wait to get some more toys when I get back and share them with y'all. 

Daniel Defense M4V3 LW

Just waiting on my frog lube to clean this and now deciding on either the Aimpoint Micro H-1 or Eotech EXPS.

Best of luck Elder!
When out and rented a Beretta 92fs and shot it ended up copping a sig p226r to replace my glock 9mm. My HK USP .45 is too expensive to shoot on a daily basis.

Here's my target from yesterday.

20 yards. Saved the last round for the head shot. Had a flyer (far right) on my first shot I wasn't used to the SA trigger pull.

Back
Top Bottom