NT's LEGAL Gun Thread UPDATE...First Youtube Firearm Review Page 61

I'm actually hoping to be a newbie resident in this thread. Its pretty dope too that my fraternity brother EWD was one of the big advocates in here if I remember right.

Anyways I'm thinking bout copping my first gun. I've pretty much moved on from sneakers and I'm into whips moreso now. I've been considering a gun for a while but I really don't know where to start.

I almost copped a Taurus PT111 on a impulse buy a couple weeks back when it was 200 but now I'm kind of glad I didn't. Do you guys have any suggestions on a first piece. I have no experience shooting or carrying but I plan to join a shooting range in the next couple of weeks. I'm really considering copping a XDM 9MM or even a glock 17. The Taurus is even in the back of my mind but most shops around my way don't carry them.
Go with the XDM or Glock. But can I ask why the 17 over 19 only reason I ask is because the 17 is a little more bulky to carry. The 19 was my first carry piece.

Last edited:
I don't think I've posted pictures of the most recent pistol purchases I've made. I feel like sharing now. :lol:

I got this Kimber a year ago today on my birthday as a gift for myself (and cuz my dad wanted me to so he can use it :lol:). :pimp:

I also got this XD 45 2 years ago on this day as well. :lol: :pimp:

This year I'm hoping to get a revolver to add to my collection. Maybe a .357 or a .44.

Go with the XDM or Glock. But can I ask why the 17 over 19 only reason I ask is because the 17 is a little more bulky to carry. The 19 was my first carry piece.

A couple of the vids I was watching said the 17 was more versatile for home protection as well. I have heard really good things about the 19 tho.

A couple of the vids I was watching said the 17 was more versatile for home protection as well. I have heard really good things about the 19 tho.

Eh I would really say it's subjective the 17 has a longer sight radius which would probably be a tad if any bit easier to aim and you get two extra rounds but if that's the case you can buy a 17 mag for your 19.im not knocking the 17 by any means it's a great gun I just took concealabilty into the picture. I got a Glock 21 not too long ago and it's a pain trying to conceal cause it's so big.

Last edited:
^ pretty much everything Velle stated.

If a brand new shooter is looking for a first gun, I'd always recommend a glock 19.

Any of you guys have any experience with the S&W SD9 VE?

Would you put it on par with the glock in terms of quality and accuracy?

Any of you guys have any experience with the S&W SD9 VE?

Would you put it on par with the glock in terms of quality and accuracy?

Had one got rid of it my girl has one tho and its accurate as hell. It has a heavy trigger that's about the only downfall I can think of. If you're getting it try to get it this week at academy it's 299.99

Last edited:
Anyone know anything about a gun trust in order to get a silencer? Looking into doing one if FL.
I have a trust, got 3 SBRs... haven't ordered a suppressor but it makes the process of getting your stamp really easy with the eforms.

Picked these two up yesterday as part of the inheritance from my Grandfather. Winchester 94-30-30 & Harrington & Richard's shotgun...still trying to figure out the model or reference #. First time owning a firearm so I'm looking to learn as much as I can since most of my boys are gun enthusiasts. Should be interesting since I had to convince my Lady that owning a gun now that we have the home was a Must.

I'm actually hoping to be a newbie resident in this thread. Its pretty dope too that my fraternity brother EWD was one of the big advocates in here if I remember right.

Anyways I'm thinking bout copping my first gun. I've pretty much moved on from sneakers and I'm into whips moreso now. I've been considering a gun for a while but I really don't know where to start.

I almost copped a Taurus PT111 on a impulse buy a couple weeks back when it was 200 but now I'm kind of glad I didn't. Do you guys have any suggestions on a first piece. I have no experience shooting or carrying but I plan to join a shooting range in the next couple of weeks. I'm really considering copping a XDM 9MM or even a glock 17. The Taurus is even in the back of my mind but most shops around my way don't carry them.

I was in your spot almost 2 years ago. Researched ad nauseum and I came out of all of it with an XDm 9mm. Since then I've also shot the homies Smith n Wesson M&P, and the Bodyguard.

Very happy I went with the XDm for my first purchase.

Great first time pistol, nice trigger out the box, holds more than enough rounds, and fits in my hand perfectly.
Also comes with a bunch of extras, dope box to store/travel with, holster(yet to use mine), ammo speed loader, etc.

Picked these two up yesterday as part of the inheritance from my Grandfather. Winchester 94-30-30 & Harrington & Richard's shotgun...still trying to figure out the model or reference #. First time owning a firearm so I'm looking to learn as much as I can since most of my boys are gun enthusiasts. Should be interesting since I had to convince my Lady that owning a gun now that we have the home was a Must.

Lever action?
Break action?

Beretta's (imo) are tricky. They have so many different variants that go for different prices.

From what I can tell, if it's a straight up 92 fs, they usually go for $500 around my way. If it's a vertec, brigadier, or SD, it's going to be a few more hundy than that.

I want a winchester with 26" octagonal barrel in .45-70 so friggin bad.....For absolutely no good reason at all I love lever guns (never even fired one tbh)

[COLOR=#red]I agree with others in here. We are fortunate to have richiecotite in this forum. Knowledgeable for sure and continues to add to his knowledge/experience base as a shooter, collector, and reloader. He's also a good man, I've had the honor to go to a gun show with him. You are appreciated big homie! [/COLOR]

Beretta's (imo) are tricky. They have so many different variants that go for different prices.

From what I can tell, if it's a straight up 92 fs, they usually go for $500 around my way. If it's a vertec, brigadier, or SD, it's going to be a few more hundy than that.
That's what I'm looking for exactly don't need anything special with it :lol:

Lever action?
Break action?
The Winchester is a lever action. I still want an over/under though. But I want to get more familiar with firearms in general before I make my 1st "purchase".
I want a winchester with 26" octagonal barrel in .45-70 so friggin bad.....For absolutely no good reason at all I love lever guns (never even fired one tbh)
I hear you man, and I can't wait to get my feet wet with this one. Me being a complete novice with rifles, I watched some pretty kool videos on Youtube over the weekend and learned a good amount of knowledge.

New sights on my glock17. Im loving it.

My mossberg 500.

Going to get an ar-15 soon then im done with guns lol.

those look like truglo sights on that glock :smokin

heres my xdm and ppq. gotta get a better pic of the AR

Back
Top Bottom