NT's LEGAL Gun Thread UPDATE...First Youtube Firearm Review Page 61

So I finally completed my 2nd Glock clone build. I wanted to go with a FDE/black look. I really liked my buddy’s Tan/black Glock 19. Overall, this build was the same as the first. But what I did do was piece every part needed for the frame and slide. This saved me at least $50. On the first build I went with completion kits. One for the lower, and one for the upper.

Here is the unfinished product.

Completing the frame.

The finished product.

The only thing missing is the barrel. I’m kinda leaning towards a bronze ZEV. But still undecided.

:tongue:

So I finally completed my 2nd Glock clone build. I wanted to go with a FDE/black look. I really liked my buddy’s Tan/black Glock 19. Overall, this build was the same as the first. But what I did do was piece every part needed for the frame and slide. This saved me at least $50. On the first build I went with completion kits. One for the lower, and one for the upper.

The only thing missing is the barrel. I’m kinda leaning towards a bronze ZEV. But still undecided.

:tongue:

How much you all in that for? Will it take a stock glock barrel? Is it g19 sized or g17 sized?

Anyway, that's dope AF. Because you're the manufacturer, theres no serial on it, or do you have to have one?

Last edited:
How much you all in that for? Will it take a stock glock barrel? Is it g19 sized or g17 sized?

Anyway, that's dope AF. Because you're the manufacturer, theres no serial on it, or do you have to have one?

So far the second build is at 517. Adding a barrel to that total puts me close to the first build. The blackening of the slide offset my savings on the parts. The Lone Wolf slide can accept Glock factory barrels or aftermarket. And this is off the G17. They do have an 80% G19 coming out mid Jan that looks awesome!. That might be my next project. Im addicted with the ease of completing them and putting the parts together. :wink:

I'm in CA, so law wise... Everything I read is all smoke and mirrors. Come Jan 1st, you need to apply for a serial # for your build. But you can never sell or transfer it. Who the hell would register it then?? And talking to some law enforcement buddies, they said they don't have the funds and/or resources to enforce the 80%ers.

Last edited:
I appreciate this thread for all of the information. I purchased my first firearm earlier this year and I'm going to try to add at least three a year. Here's my wishlist so far.

Xd mod 2 9mm- first GUN. Love it.

Xd MOD 2 45- love the grip and safety features of my 9 so why not get one in "God's caliber"

Fn tactical 45- offensive handgun with 15 rounds of 45. Yes sir

Glock 19- just to have a glock and see what the dark side is like

Keltec sub2000 gen 2- nice carbine in a handgun caliber

Mossberg 590a1 - I'll be getting this within the next month. Can't go wrong with what the military uses

Remington 870 tactical Express - I want a pump shotgun with a pistol grip and the safety location on the Remington is better suited for it than the Mossberg

Keltec KSG - because yes. 15 rounds of 00 buck and slugs. Beastly

S&W M&P Sport 2- will be my first AR and I'll have it by inauguration day

Daniel Defense DDM4 V7 - will be my baby and range toy-

Zastava M 92 PV Pap- something about the aK pistol just does it for me

Some Century Arms full size AK just to round out the collection. Haven't decided yet.

Any input would be greatly appreciated. I know I'm missing a long range rifle like a 30.06 or .308 but I honestly have no idea where to start on those.

Last edited:
I appreciate this thread for all of the information. I purchased my first firearm earlier this year and I'm going to try to add at last three a year. Here's my wishlist so far.

Xd MOD 2 45- love the grip and safety features of my 9 so why not get one in "God's caliber"

Mossberg 590a1 - I'll be getting this within the next month. Can't go wrong with what the military uses

Remington 870 tactical Express - I want a pump shotgun with a pistol grip and the safety location on the Remington is better suited for it than the Mossberg

Some Century Arms full size AK just to round out the collection. Haven't decided yet.

Any input would be greatly appreciated. I know I'm missing a long range rifle like a 30.06 or .308 but I honestly have no idea where to start on those.

On the list I have the Glock 19 and the sub2000 because hey they use the same mags so why not have both lol. And since I can't drive with the sub2000 loaded keep the Glock with the extra 33 round mags in the car so there are interchangeable. I also have the m&p sport 1st one great gun for the money so the 2 is a great value

I appreciate this thread for all of the information. I purchased my first firearm earlier this year and I'm going to try to add at last three a year. Here's my wishlist so far.

Nice list.

Remington 700 chambered in 308 can't go wrong with that really.. I have 2 Remington 700s right now. SPS tactical in 308 and the other is chambered in 7mm rem mag.

I also have a ddm4 v7. Extremely reliable. Solid choice.

Been meaning to post some upgrades I made to my C39V2.

Before...

After...

Upgrades include...replaced the entire bcg, (probably the most underwhelming thing about the c39v2 is the soft, stock bolt carrier) with a 1960 polish bcg. (Solid as hell) magpul zhukov folding stock, magpul m.o.e. gas tube cover/handguard, and a strike industries ak pistol grip. Only thing really left is to set up a rail system/red dot for a cqc set up.

Last edited:
I definitely want to pick something else up this week. I'm not sure what to get though. On the higher end an Arsenal SAM7sf, or the new Vepr FM-AK47-11. Or just go the budget route and get a new production WASR, or Yugo N-PAP underfolder. I'm really leaning toward that new Vepr though. Decisions, decisions...

Anybody got any experience with the m&p bodyguard? I seen mixed reviews some pretty bad but a lot were from 4 years ago

New pickup from this weekend.
Colt Expanse M4 CE2000

It's colts budget version of their LE6920. My First AR15. Overpaid for the rifle but I chalked it up as a learning experience.
I installed all new magpul furniture and bought 3 magpul 40 round mags. It came with standard AR furniture and no rear sights. Some models don't come with a forward assist or dust cover (the CE1000 models).
Overall I'm satisfied. I really wanted the LE6920 model that colt makes. That will be my next purchase. But for now I'll rock with this.

Anybody got any experience with the m&p bodyguard? I seen mixed reviews some pretty bad but a lot were from 4 years ago

I did a little research on them and like yourself, I have seen mixed reviews. Look into the Ruger LCP II. Their new version of their pocket pistol. I like the ergonomics of the new pistol and the fact that the slide locks back on the last round (precious ruger did not). I will probably end up buying one for my mom for Christmas. Check it out though as an alternative to the BG.

I did a little research on them and like yourself, I have seen mixed reviews. Look into the Ruger LCP II. Their new version of their pocket pistol. I like the ergonomics of the new pistol and the fact that the slide locks back on the last round (precious ruger did not). I will probably end up buying one for my mom for Christmas. Check it out though as an alternative to the BG.
It's a bit bigger than a .380, but also consider the LC9s. Still noticably smaller than a compact double-stack, but with the power of 7+1 9mm. Recoil/accuracy was much better than I expected for that size of gun. Striker action massively improves the trigger pull compared to the original LC9.

Last edited:
futuredds futuredds nice rifle. I just copped one myself :lol: I thought they were all stripped down with no forward assist or dust cover but mine has both. Hopefully taking it to the range this weekend or sometime within the next week.

Last edited:
I'm looking into purchasing my first handgun.

I am a complete beginner, have never shot a gun before. I'm looking to buy one mainly for protection/concealed carry. Also looking to take it out to the range to target shoot. I've been recommend the Glock 19 or 43.

What are your guys recommendations?

Last edited:
Last edited:
@FutureDDS nice rifle. I just copped one myself
laugh.gif
I thought they were all stripped down with no forward assist or dust cover but mine has both. Hopefully taking it to the range this weekend or sometime within the next week.
Yeah the CE1000 models don't have the forward assist or dust cover. Let me know how the rifle shoots at the range. I'm in Richmond, VA and there aren't in ranges that allow 556 or 223 rounds down the range. My only concern was that the Expanse barrel wasn't chrome lined (which helps with the longevity of the barrel). Either way the Colt Expanse has many mil spec parts and was at a pretty good price point. Get you some magpul furniture if you haven't already and you're set.

I am a complete beginner, have never shot a gun before. I'm looking to buy one mainly for protection/concealed carry. Also looking to take it out to the range to target shoot. I've been recommend the Glock 19 or 43.

I think for what you are looking for the G19 Gen 4 would be your best bet. G19 is 15 + 1 which the option to go 17 or even 33 rounds. It is considered compact but fits in the normal sized hand. Glock in general is easy to maintain and doesn't require constant cleaning/maintenance. I have a G30S and a G23 gen 4 and I rarely clean either one (even after range trips).

The G43 is a single stack 9mm that only has the capacity of 5+1. its a smaller firearm which means that you have to have a very disciplined shooting form or you'll run into problems.

your best buy is to go to the range, try it out and see which you like to shoot the best. Guns aren't like shoes once you buy them, that's it. No taking it back.

Go to the range and rent the Springfield Armory XD 45.

http://www.springfield-armory.com/products/xd-service-model-45-acp/
Alternatively, if you need something smaller I'd also recommend Springfield, I have the XD mod.2 subcompact in 9mm and love it. They obviously have it in 45 too.

In stock and a great price at this site:http://www.sportsmansoutdoorsuperst.../springfield-xd-mod.2-9mm-sub-compact-bi-tone

Like my man Brolic Scholar stated, best bet is to hit the range and rent a couple to see what you like.

I think for what you are looking for the G19 Gen 4 would be your best bet. G19 is 15 + 1 which the option to go 17 or even 33 rounds. It is considered compact but fits in the normal sized hand. Glock in general is easy to maintain and doesn't require constant cleaning/maintenance. I have a G30S and a G23 gen 4 and I rarely clean either one (even after range trips).

The G43 is a single stack 9mm that only has the capacity of 5+1. its a smaller firearm which means that you have to have a very disciplined shooting form or you'll run into problems.

your best buy is to go to the range, try it out and see which you like to shoot the best. Guns aren't like shoes once you buy them, that's it. No taking it back.
Thanks a ton for the advice guys. It's very much appreciated. I'm gonna go to the range tomorrow and try a few out before I make a purchase, but from my research I've done so far I think I've narrowed it down to either a Glock 19 or Springfield XD-S 9mm.

The Glock 19 seems very appealing to me because it's easy to maintain and I've heard great things about it from my friends who own one. The Springfield XD is also appealing because from what I've read it's extremely easy to shoot, safe, & a great gun for a beginner like myself

Last edited:
futuredds futuredds Nice Colt pick up! Good luck on the dust cover install. Sooo many things to remove.... just to install it. :x

awb5401 awb5401 2 great options. I would rent both and see what fits you. I myself love the ergo/feel and safety features of the Xd. And the ease of operation and functionality of the Glock.

Like Future said, try what you like. You can't return them like shoes... :tongue:

I love the feel of my S&W M&P 9mm but I'm also a novice on guns.

For you guys suggesting or have the Springfield handguns, does that extra safety feature on the grip feel extra? I held one at the shop when I bought my M&P and felt almost like it's something more you have to focus/do in order to get a round off. Like in a high stress situation it would trip you up. Is that the case? Just wondering

futuredds futuredds Nice Colt pick up! Good luck on the dust cover install. Sooo many things to remove.... just to install it. :x

awb5401 awb5401 2 great options. I would rent both and see what fits you. I myself love the ergo/feel and safety features of the Xd. And the ease of operation and functionality of the Glock.

Like Future said, try what you like. You can't return them like shoes... :tongue:

Appreciate it! I have the CE2000 model which luckily came with the forward assist and dust cover already installed. I do want to change the barrel out to a chrome lined barrel in the future but I'm not worried about that now. I'm just going to stock up on ammo and mags.

That being said, does anyone have any recommendations on good home/personal defense ammo in 5.56?

Back
Top Bottom