NT's LEGAL Gun Thread UPDATE...First Youtube Firearm Review Page 61

Some old school joints I saw last weekend in the Winchester museum at the Winchester Mystery House. Sorry about the quality, weird lighting + glass cases gave some bad reflections.

I gotta get back to the range,it's been a while. Gotta find a good one so I can shoot some of the handguns I've had my eye on.

Anyone own a tulster holster? I need a new holster for my Glock, any suggestions?

If it's going to be concealed, I'd recommend Custom Carry Concepts (CCC).

http://www.customcarryconcepts.com/The-Uno-version-2_p_47.html

They have a very basic kydex IWB holster called the uno version 2 that has worked well for me over the last 2 years. It's inexpensive at $39 but the only downside is it'll take about 3-5 weeks to get it as Rich custom makes each holster. He does have some things available right away that have been made and returned or a customer cancels the order, that's how I got the current holster in using.

I ordered 2 more for my range/competition guns and will probably get another for my primary carry/shooting gun (M&P compact 9) in a few weeks. It conceals as well as my previous holster which was a leather one that retailed around $110 (tucker gun leather Texas heritage iwb) and for a kydex (plastic) holster it's relatively comfortable. Doesn't bother me too much on long drives and during most day to day stuff is perfectly fine. I've used it in a couple of one day shooting classes shooting 300-400 rounds, holstering and reholstering probably 100 or so times over the day with no issues either.

What I've been playing with for the last couple of weeks:

Smith and Wesson model 57, 41 Magnum. Pinned and recessed, 1980 vintage.

Henry Big Boy Steel in 41 magnum. Holds 10 rounds in the tube.

Clearly I've been watching too much Longmire...but I also want use it as a deer gun. 41 mag will do 90% of what a 44 mag will do. At rifle velocities, a 265 gr hardcast bullet at 1550 fps will take anything in any woods I'll ever be in.

Had a chance to make it out to the range this weekend. Took the 2 glocks and the Colt Expanse. First time shooting the expanse. Didn't know I had to zero the rifle :lol: . Ended up doing that and had pretty dead center and tight groupings from there on out. Took most of the shots at 30 yards with a magpul rear sight. Def thinking about investing in a red dot sight. Shot the rifle and then shot the glocks at 30 yards. Accuracy was horrible :smh: . Overall good range day and I am satisfied with the Expanse.

Last edited:
Had a chance to make it out to the range this weekend. Took the 2 glocks and the Colt Expanse. First time shooting the expanse. Didn't know I had to zero the rifle :lol: . Ended up doing that and had pretty dead center and tight groupings from there on out. Took most of the shots at 30 yards with a magpul rear sight. Def thinking about investing in a red dot sight. Shot the rifle and then shot the glocks at 30 yards. Accuracy was horrible :smh: . Overall good range day and I am satisfied with the Expanse.

What case is that?

Looks badass- nice setup. What foam did you use for the cutouts?

Appreciate it! The foam actually came with the case. You just have to remove the individual sections of foam for your firearms. I'm satisfied with the case. It holds everything I need. I'll get another when I grab an AK. That's my next purchase.

Appreciate it! The foam actually came with the case. You just have to remove the individual sections of foam for your firearms. I'm satisfied with the case. It holds everything I need. I'll get another when I grab an AK. That's my next purchase.

Just curious as to which AK, you are looking at?

Just curious as to which AK, you are looking at?

Looking at the Century Arms Wasr 10. They had a bad rep back in 2008-2010 because of the canted sights, mag wobble and overall poor design but it seems like the models that were put out recently were produced with better quality. Just waiting to catch one around the 550-600 price. That round (7.62x39) is very violent. Much more than the 5.56/.223 round. It's just not as accurate at long distances but I never intend to hit anything from 200> yards out.

Where can one be had for 550-600? Most of what I see online is low 7's. I know they went for that much a few years ago but if you got any links or anything would be appreciated

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom