NT's LEGAL Gun Thread UPDATE...First Youtube Firearm Review Page 61

Anyone have any experiences with open carry?

I've had my chp for 6-7 years now, but i remember early on when I first started carrying, hearing horror stories about people carrying in the open (totally legal in my state) being harassed by police and even being charged with disturbing the peace or some other bs. 

Also, anyone got any recommendations for a decent kydex rig? I'm currently rocking an IWB leather bianchi for my 1911. I also have shoulder set up for my .357, but I haven't seen either one in years (let my dad 'borrow' it, along with my other 1911) that was surprisingly comfortable and concealable.

Originally Posted by richiecotite

Anyone have any experiences with open carry?

I've had my chp for 6-7 years now, but i remember early on when I first started carrying, hearing horror stories about people carrying in the open (totally legal in my state) being harassed by police and even being charged with disturbing the peace or some other bs. 

Also, anyone got any recommendations for a decent kydex rig? I'm currently rocking an IWB leather bianchi for my 1911. I also have shoulder set up for my .357, but I haven't seen either one in years (let my dad 'borrow' it, along with my other 1911) that was surprisingly comfortable and concealable.

Hey, how's it going? Check this out the VCDL (Virginia Citizen Defense League), they are a pretty influential VA gun owners group that has had many laws changed and altered in the favor of LEGAL gun owners in VA. http://www.vcdl.org/static/ccw.html

There was at one point a lot of problems with Open Carry in VA, but from what I understand things have gotten better, much in part due to orgs like the VCDL. I'll look for some more info for you and just edit this post to include it. I am moving to NoVA myself pretty soon so this means much to me as well.

[font=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif][/font]
[font=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]Virginia does NOT have a law authorizing "open carry" anymore than it has a law authorizing you to wear a red shirt or green pants.  The key concept is "what isn't prohibited is therefore allowed".  In Virginia, open carry is legal in most places with or without a Concealed Handgun Permit (CHP).[/font]

[font=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]Virginia Code Section § 18.2-308(J3) only prohibits CHP holders from carrying concealed in restaurants licensed to serve alcohol for on premises consumption.  (Scroll down to Section J3.)  Open carry is NOT prohibited.[/font]

[font=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]O[/font][font=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]pinion by the General Counsel of the Massachusetts Chiefs of Police Association, appearing in the January 2007 issue of The Police Chief magazine, that a mere report of a man with a gun is not justification for an investigative stop by police:  Chief’s Counsel: Responding to Gun Possession Reports.[/font]

[font=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]Virginia Attorney General 2002 Opinion 02-082 holding that citizens may not be detained or arrested for refusing to provide identification credentials/information to police.[/font]

[font=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif][/font]

Finally got my FNP .45 Tactical. Some are already saying that this may be one of the best combat pistols ever made. It's an honor to own one of these. Retail goes for over $1200, but I got mine New In Box for only $945 including shipping. It's the only pistol out that has a cutout for a red dot sight straight from the manufacturer. It's the highest capacity .45 on the market 15+1. It's SUPER accurate, and very durable. Comes with Trijicon Tritium night sights preinstalled.

The ubiquitous case picture. Just like the H&K tactical pistols back in the days the FNP 45 Tactical comes with a customized Eagle case.

23mtz6t.jpg

My "Proud to Be an American" Shot.
abt89h.jpg

This one is not mine. It's the black version with the red dot sight on the top, and a laser sight and flashlight on the bottom rail. The barrel is threaded for a suppressor. With a Red Dot sight, Laser sight, Tactical flashlight, and a suppressor this is not just a handgun. It's a versatile weapon system that can go full offensive, defensive, or stealthy depending on the loadout.

Originally Posted by MASERATI HARM

15+1 huh?

pimp.gif

I'll stick with XD45 .. plan on copping next year w/a tactical laser sight
pimp.gif
Yo the XD45 is no punk!! Matter of fact I was all up on the XD45 and would have bought one, but I was not in the financial position to do so at the time. I am one of those who prefer XD over Glock.

its so crazy how all this stuff just goes over my head
laugh.gif

Any sites for beginners?

BTW, Mr. PhiNuPi
laugh.gif
, do you edit ALL your font to be red or do you edit it each and every time you post?

Currently tryna get these 2 in the next 3 months

[table][tr][td]
transparentcorner_topright.gif
[/td][/tr][/table][table][tr][td][table][tr][td]1:
pix1971238171.jpg
[/td][/tr][tr][td]2:
pix1971238218.jpg
[/td][/tr][tr][td]3:
pix1971238312.jpg
[/td][/tr][tr][td]4:
pix1971238265.jpg
[/td][/tr][tr][td]5:
pix1971238390.jpg
[/td][/tr][tr][td]6:
pix1971238343.jpg
[/td][/tr][tr][td]7:
pix1971238500.jpg
[/td][/tr][tr][td]8:
pix1971238437.jpg
[/td][/tr][/table][/td][/tr][/table]
   [table][tr][td]1:
pix1914538218.jpg
[/td][/tr][tr][td]2:
pix1914537812.jpg
[/td][/tr][tr][td]3:
pix1914538312.jpg
[/td][/tr][tr][td]4:
pix1914538062.jpg
[/td][/tr][tr][td]5:
pix1914691218.jpg
[/td][/tr][tr][td]6:
pix1914691156.jpg
[/td][/tr][tr][td]7:
pix1914691359.jpg
[/td][/tr][tr][td]8:
pix1914691296.jpg
[/td][/tr][tr][td]9:
pix1914837859.jpg
[/td][/tr][tr][td]10:
pix1914837765.jpg
[/td][/tr][tr][td]11:
pix1914838031.jpg
[/td][/tr][tr][td]12:
pix1914837921.jpg
[/td][/tr][/table]

After playing MW2 ive been hunting this shotgun down and i found it.

Originally Posted by OptimusPrimeAPhiA

its so crazy how all this stuff just goes over my head
laugh.gif

Any sites for beginners?

BTW, Mr. PhiNuPi
laugh.gif
, do you edit ALL your font to be red or do you edit it each and every time you post?
You can try Glocktalk.com, XDtalk.com, fnforum.net, ar15.com for starters. Just browse around, you'll be sure to learn something from them.

BTW Optimus, I type my message, then highlight it, then change the font. It annoys even me sometimes, so I know it can get old to some of you.

Originally Posted by richiecotite

Originally Posted by superbness

Bookmarked..

but in most states you can buy from from dealer at gun show with no background check or license. Also if you buy from dealer,depending on state you only have to do background check
I don't know about that one champ. If your buying from a private dealer, but I live in VA (one of most lax regulated states regarding firearm purchases) and everything I've bought at gunshows I've had to have license and they do the background check (takes 5-10 minutes). 

Exactly. Thats what I said. U can buy from a friend , stanrger onthe street or at a gun show with no backround check as long as its a PRIVATE SALE.... If you buy from a dealer at gun show or business, then they will have to do a background check, but even in some instances they dont care..

I went to a gun show and bought a tec-9 no backround check for $300

VA has the most relexed gun laws. When I was in the streets I use to get all my guns from cats in VA.. Some militarty type guns...

Also where I'm at most peope open carry..

Originally Posted by DinanBMW

pix266281421.jpg

pew! pew! pew!

that thing is pretty sweet tho.

Is why I purchased it. Silencer/suppresor is my next major purchase. Suppressors are legal in most states believe it or not. You just have to pay a $200 ATF tax, and either get your Sheriff to sign off on it OR set up an irrevocable trust.

Originally Posted by ElderWatsonDiggs

pix266281421.jpg

pew! pew! pew!

Is why I purchased it. Silencer/suppresor is my next major purchase. Suppressors are legal in most states believe it or not. You just have to pay a $200 ATF tax, and either get your Sheriff to sign off on it OR set up an irrevocable trust.
They don't know tho Elder, I made the thread about class III weapons a min. ago but it aint go past 3pgs
laugh.gif
.  But yea, I wonder how hard it'd be to set up the IT or get a Sheriff to sign off on it.  I really need to stop playin and start investin in my carbine or another handgun

Originally Posted by snaggykicks

I hate MD gun Laws
smh.gif

Why you can buy whatever u want with no permit just have to get the paper work after u buy and its all good
pimp.gif

That ain't the reason I hate maryland gunlaws tho

Certain Misdemeanors will make you ineligible to buy a gun

But I'm not trippin cuz I have clarification on my situation
pimp.gif

15+1 huh?

pimp.gif

I'll stick with XD45 .. plan on copping next year w/a tactical laser sight
pimp.gif
Yo the XD45 is no punk!! Matter of fact I was all up on the XD45 and would have bought one, but I was not in the financial position to do so at the time. I am one of those who prefer XD over Glock.

Word , I seen some go for a Decent Price ..

The 9mm Compact is
eek.gif
too , +@#* is 16 shots

Might get that next

Originally Posted by snaggykicks

I hate MD gun Laws
smh.gif

Why you can buy whatever u want with no permit just have to get the paper work after u buy and its all good
pimp.gif

That ain't the reason I hate maryland gunlaws tho

Certain Misdemeanors will make you ineligible to buy a gun

But I'm not trippin cuz I have clarification on my situation
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
Stay strapped out out here in the dmv
pimp.gif

Originally Posted by Dathbgboy

pix266281421.jpg

pew! pew! pew!

They don't know tho Elder, I made the thread about class III weapons a min. ago but it aint go past 3pgs
laugh.gif
.  But yea, I wonder how hard it'd be to set up the IT or get a Sheriff to sign off on it.  I really need to stop playin and start investin in my carbine or another handgun

Dathbgboy, there is a really famous website that sells suppresors/silencers http://www.major-malfunction.com/. They are the least expensive source for suppressors on the market. As a matter of fact if you buy one from there they will set up a rock solid ATF approved Trust for you...absolutely free. Whenever you are ready check them out...if anything to give you an idea how to go about it. Their reputation is stellar in the Class III community. But if you live in a rural area a lot of the Sheriffs will sign off for you provided you are a good and clean citizen. But in areas close to cities fuggedaboutit
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
, you are going to have to go the trust route.

Here is how I am going to carry my pistol concealed. I don't like IWB (Inside Wasitband Holsters) or OWBs. SOmething small and unexpected like the wind blowing, you running, can lift up your shirt and expose it. I'm all about deep concealment. I'll sacrifice a little bit of draw time for ultimate concealment. I'll be getting it in Black. It is meant to be worn as an underneath layer.

http://masterofconcealment.com/pgro...erTech+Undercover+Concealment+Shirt/?return=?

All- Weather compression performance power shirt that fits you like a secondskin. We’ve improved the fit and function for greater retention and more comfort.

Back
Top Bottom