NT's LEGAL Gun Thread UPDATE...First Youtube Firearm Review Page 61

Originally Posted by anacki

I recently sold my springfield 40 cal XD because it was a little to much for me to carry.As a woman I need something a little smaller that will fit in my hand better. Currently I have a Beasa Thunder 380 to carry,but that will be replaced as soon as I find a better fit.I'm thinking of buying a Tomkat since I've been eyeing them for years.
The Taurus TCP will be a perfect fit for you...on top of that it comes with a special pouch that is really really discreet. .380 with 2 6 round clips. It is what I am buying for my wife after doing much research. She wants it in its pink color, but I will not insult you and automatically assume you would want a pink gun. Another choice is a KelTec.

DSC09562.JPG

xctmp1sFyDI.png

Keepzdasneakz,
Ain't that a beaut? By the way, does anybody know if the Compensator series for glocks is worth looking into? Based on what I googled, it's about what....$40 more than the regular?

Yes that is a nice looking Glock. I respect Glocks, they are reliable and simple, what more can you ask for? I like Springfield XD as well, reliable and simple, what more can you ask for? As far as the C models of Glocks...well they can help dampen the recoil a bit, but I heard they are P.IT.A. to clean because of the gunpowder accumulating around the vents, that's all I heard negatively about them.
Dirty,
^NJ requires a license

That's why an interested gun owner has a responsibility to learn their State AND County/City rules for weapons. Some States have very relaxed rules for handguns, but certain high crime counties/cities may have more stringent rules. Also remember requiring a permit to buy and having to register a newly acquired pistol is not the same as needing a license for a pistol. It's complicated to make a blanket statement due to varying state laws, so it's good to follow the link provided by Dathbgboy.
KayCurrency,
Anyone own a HK P30L? Pros? Cons?
Like honestly and no bias here because I don't even own an HK pistol...But HK Pistols of ANY caliber are considered some of the best in the world. They are extremely rugged and durable, and reliable. They are also very accurate. The P30 L is part of their newest line of pistols, which also includes the HK45 and HK45 Compact. It's good to clean your pistol after every use as a habit, but to be honest HK pistols can go around 5000 rounds without any cleaning. That's just good to know that it is that reliable, but again it's just good to be consistent with cleaning as a habit regardless. Cons: They are expensive...but you definitely get what you pay for. Some people think they are too bulky, but it's not that bad and they are relatively lightweight.

Originally Posted by anacki

I recently sold my springfield 40 cal XD because it was a little to much for me to carry.As a woman I need something a little smaller that will fit in my hand better. Currently I have a Beasa Thunder 380 to carry,but that will be replaced as soon as I find a better fit.I'm thinking of buying a Tomkat since I've been eyeing them for years.
First time I've ever seen this sentence/fragment
laugh.gif
But I understand since it is a little on the hefty side for a concealed weapon. I would've tried to keep it for the home and then tried to purchase Tomkat but that's just me. I'm in a frame of mind right now where I want two pistols, one to carry and one for home defense

Yeah, I know they're kind of expensive... but like you said, You get what you pay for. I was thinking about the HK45 but Im used to handling 9's.

I wish HK made the P30L in a stainless/poly combo... if they have...I havent seen it...

Originally Posted by KayCurrency

Yeah, I know they're kind of expensive... but like you said, You get what you pay for. I was thinking about the HK45 but Im used to handling 9's.

I wish HK made the P30L in a stainless/poly combo... if they have...I havent seen it...

Oh, and they are German...judging by your Avy, your Sig, and what I've seen you post in other threads I'm sure that's just fine for you
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
. For me it was a choice between a HK USP Tactical .45 or an FNP .45 Tactical (which is a Belgian company). I held the USP Tac at a gunstore and I almost didn't want to give it back to the salesman. I literally held it, racked the slide a few times, aimed down the sights, even did a few point drills. I was in love, the salesman was laughing (he knows me and had no problem with it). I just wanted to try out the new kid on the block (FNP .45 Tactical) and I can say that it is on par with HK's.

Lol.  I actually feel funny no longer having the XD. i really loved it and will probably purchase another one next year. I have a few more guns nothing as big though. I like the 380 because it has a trigger lock with a key for extra security(kid) and again its smaller. I'm was informed that my P22 can be converted really easy. Any body have any experience with converting a P22?

Originally Posted by ElderWatsonDiggs

Oh, and they are German...judging by your Avy, your Sig, and what I've seen you post in other threads I'm sure that's just fine for you
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
. For me it was a choice between a HK USP Tactical .45 or an FNP .45 Tactical (which is a Belgian company). I held the USP Tac at a gunstore and I almost didn't want to give it back to the salesman. I literally held it, racked the slide a few times, aimed down the sights, even did a few point drills. I was in love, the salesman was laughing (he knows me and had no problem with it). I just wanted to try out the new kid on the block (FNP .45 Tactical) and I can say that it is on par with HK's.
Whether it's been from video games (Metal gear solid) or watching channels on guns, I've always wanted an HK as well. But damn, their price tags really are 
eek.gif
 compared to their competition. That FN of yours is pretty really nice too. First time seeing it and I like how it incorporates both the modern pistol design with the good looks of a beretta and such. I've never shot .45 but if I do and I like it , i might check into HKs as well. I think everybody has that one GRAIL in their desired arsenal and I gotta say above all I'd love to have one of these one day:
images

Solid Snake had one, I want one too...

Originally Posted by keepzdasneakz

laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
Whether it's been from video games (Metal gear solid) or watching channels on guns, I've always wanted an HK as well. But damn, their price tags really are 
eek.gif
 compared to their competition. That FN of yours is pretty really nice too. First time seeing it and I like how it incorporates both the modern pistol design with the good looks of a beretta and such. I've never shot .45 but if I do and I like it , i might check into HKs as well. I think everybody has that one GRAIL in their desired arsenal and I gotta say above all I'd love to have one of these one day:
images

Solid Snake had one, I want one too...

Oh trust me I love the HK Mark 23, and it was on my wish list. Then I saw a fully kitted out FNP .45 Tactical (it's actually meant to be in the same role as your Grail, just more modern. (Red Dot sight on the top, and holds more rounds of .45 ammo 12 versus 16). I'd like to say that if Solid Snake was around today he'd pick a FNP Tactical. It will take at least a year before I get mine like the picture below...it takes at least 6 months for the Silencer alone (ATF paperwork). Yes that is a rectangular silencer. It's the hottest newest suppressor on the market, called the Silencerco Osprey.

pix788346479.jpg

Add this Laser Aiming Module (Laser to Aim, Light to Illuminate) to the bottom rail and now you have an Offensive Handgun Weapon System.

94E2xUmmufceHBSRZMJMASq_BRAJmVBAF66qXoW9w6l6gtaYhv_PN_4UZOn_izMHa69z4jVEbluJP2lM1T-wpXiRNeA_AUtr7wMlRTdCt1pX0yrqY07P_ZgfBtYCx5wvI-qQ2RtB3fhG_BIgMl8OThV8qjZzs4WYDYCCjKAy

Added this a few months back:

Perfect for concealed carry in a good holster.  Very slim profile and light compared to my XD9 Service Model.  Very accurate out of box and easy to handle with both mags.  I was REALLY impressed my first two trips to the range with it.  Very accurate for a pistol this size out of box.  The finger grip extension for the 10-round mag is great for people with bigger hands or just want more hand on the pistol for better control, but I don't like to carry with it attached cuz it adds too much length to the grip.  Overall it's a GREAT gun.  About 350 rounds through it without a hiccup.

Time to move on to a .40cal.  If I can find a decently priced Sig P226 in .40, I'M ON IT!

- Preciate it.

Elder I'll definately check out both guns you suggested next time I go to the store. The pink looks nice but I'm not into colorful

or decorative weapons currently,lol.

I just took a look at the Sig556 yesterday.. think I'm going to pick up an AR15 or sig556 within the next week.. they're about the same pricewise.. but I like that Sig is 'less common' around here. However, the AR feels a lot more manageable (lighter/shorter)...

Anyone have any input? Elder?

Originally Posted by 6dollaBURGER

I just took a look at the Sig556 yesterday.. think I'm going to pick up an AR15 or sig556 within the next week.. they're about the same pricewise.. but I like that Sig is 'less common' around here. However, the AR feels a lot more manageable (lighter/shorter)...

Anyone have any input? Elder?
Seattle 206 if I'm not mistaken picked up a Sig556 not too long ago. Anyway I think they are great weapons, reliable, and I even know of a few agencies that use them as their Carbine of choice. Great thing about them is that they use the Piston system instead of the Direct Impingement system that most AR's use (even though a lot of the newer AR's are going to the Piston) which means you will not have as much crap to clean out of the breech/chamber area.

I would say the only thing you would be missing out on if you get the Sig is that AR's have a huge aftermarket accessory market. Also the replacement part market is better for AR's. AR's tend to have more rail space for extra doo-dads and add ons. But to be honest you don't really need most of that stuff anyway and all it does it weigh down a rifle. 

But like you mentioned...everybody has an AR, it would be nice to have an alternative. It comes down to what is more important to you.

Anacki,
Elder I'll definately check out both guns you suggested next time I go to the store. The pink looks nice but I'm not into colorful or decorative weapons currently,lol.
I figured as much, but yeah check those out if you get a chance, the salesman at the store can probably lead you to others in that same category as well. I think more women should legally carry firearms. Sure beats the heck out of pepper spray in the purse. Instead you can pepper and spray with bullets. Ok that was corny, please disregard.
laugh.gif

Yea - the accessory thing def a difference. Also, there are no front rails on the basic Sig... but, I don't know if I'd add anything other than a decent Acog to whatever I go with (oustide of the flip up iron sights.)

Hmmmm decisions decisions. Wish lottery would pick me already.

Originally Posted by Dirtylicious

^NJ requires a license

for long guns.
for pistols you'll need a purchase permit and there's a limit for pistol purchases (1 every 30 days)

I actually just received both my license and pistol permits a few weeks ago.

Bought a FNP-9 waiting for my FFL to receive it(he also has to do some work to it)
I'm also looking at the FN FiveSeveN(getting a great deal on it, although used)
Still deciding on a SG (deciding btw rem 870, moss 500, fn tps[fn bug bit me])

This caught my eye today thoughmossberg tactical 22 ar type rifle
something to play with that my gf and younger brother can shoot as well... pricepoint is very attractive...

eventually want to assembly an AR chambered in something more practical though...
also was considering a Sig 556...
they're on sale at budsgunshop right now for $971
is that a pretty good price?

Does anyone have the Taurus 24/7...I'm looking to get one as my beginner pistol and I just wanted some pros and cons if possible from you guys

LUV DEM GUN SOUNDS!!!!LUV DEM LUV DEM GUN SOUNDS!!!AYE!

lol.guns are scary and nice lookin at the same time.Its one of the few products that are made with attention to deatail.

Sooo..

Guncrafters Got a 50 cal Drop in Conversion Kit for the Glock 20/21 ..
pix209350391.jpg

pix587508224.jpg

pix576286805.jpg

pix761307591.jpg

pix543703856.jpg

Damn thing moved getting a Glock up my short List  
laugh.gif

I don't like the bigger glocks for some reason. I always liked the compact ones such as the Glock 38 (.45gap) or Glock 27 (.40s&w) Both are definitely ccw friendly.

Originally Posted by MASERATI HARM

Sooo..

pix543703856.jpg

laugh.gif
Now that's a Big Bore Pistol. You can almost stick your pinky in the barrel of a .50 Cal. Hope you are a self-reloader though cause .50 Cal bullets are almost $1 per trigger squeeze.

Originally Posted by MASERATI HARM

Sooo..

pix543703856.jpg

laugh.gif
Now that's a Big Bore Pistol. You can almost stick your pinky in the barrel of a .50 Cal. Hope you are a self-reloader though cause .50 Cal bullets are almost $1 per trigger squeeze.
laugh.gif

Yeah , them bullets are mighty expensive no doubt ..

But the conversion kit is cheaper than Guncrafter Gun ( like 3k) and a Desert Eagle (1800-2k here in Md)

Elder I'll definately check out both guns you suggested next time I go to the store. The pink looks nice but I'm not into colorful

or decorative weapons currently,lol.

Anyone have any opinions/experience with Del-ton's rifle kits?

I'm considering putting my first rifle together starting with this kit and probably a spike's tactical lower just because it's so much friendlier to the wallet.

Also finally picked up my FNP-9 yesterday. I'll probably hit up the range some time next week though.

Another AR question- plum crazy receivers? They're pretty new and they're polymer or some kind of synthetic build(ie not metal)

And they can be had for cheap as well.

I'll probably end up going with the del-ton rifle kit to build with just wanted to hear other's experiences/opinions on it.

Back
Top Bottom