NT's NBA top 50 list

Originally Posted by SneakerPro

I'm big on winning when it comes to all time greats.

That's why until last year I've always thought that Tim Duncan was the best player in the NBA after Shaq started getting old.

AI should probably make the list but people posting his stats as justification are ******ed.

The last two teams he left got CONSIDERABLY better after he got traded.

His most recent team got CONSIDERABLY worst once he got there.

These for the most part were one for one swaps as well so its not like a whole bunch of other talent was lost or gained.

These facts alone should tell you how "good" Allen Iverson really is as a player.

Dirk makes the list.

He has accomplished just as much as Charles Barkley and Karl Malone. He has won just as much as both of them and his stats are comparable.

Dirk has NEVER EVER played with another superstar or even Hall of Famer in his prime. You can say Steve Nash but dude ain't no Hall of Famer in my book.

I'm even a Dirk fan like that. He plays for my favorite team but to be honest I'm still not a huge fan of his game BUT you can't deny his impact on the court.

I look back on the 06 and the 07 teams and I still can't figure out how the won as much as they did.
That's part of the reason why I am relatively on the fence with Iverson, how can a Top 50 player be on that list if he's made teamshe's joined worse, and held some teams back?

I was surprised to see you be in favor of Dirk being considered on that list, I know your opinion on Dirk is strong, and if any of the Mavericks fans wouldoppose him being in there it'd be either you or Datz.

Originally Posted by Joseph Camel Jr

Originally Posted by kix4kix

Originally Posted by ehh

Let's be real. Pippen should not be on that list.

laugh.gif
did you watch the NBA the year mike was busy playing d3 baseball?

Scottie that year > Lebron this year.
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif

Dudes are always wildly overrating Pippen's '94 season.

28/7/7 vs 22/9/5

Won MVP vs 3rd in MVP voting
Best regular season record vs 2nd in Central Div

Dude AVERAGED 3 steals a game. 3

Wow dude. One good season. So I guess LeBron should already be on that list then, huh. He's had seven.

Upon further review you are in fact clueless.

Continue with the Pippen bashing bro
smile.gif

Pippen belongs in the top 50. However, so does LeBron. I'm not hearing the argument that LeBron just goes up against weak competition in the East when theCeltics won the chip last year.

You can't over rate AI's impact on the game and put him in just because he is short. That's like underrating Shaq and taking him out because he wasbigger and stronger than everyone else.

Originally Posted by ehh

Let's be real. Pippen should not be on that list.

laugh.gif
did you watch the NBA the year mike was busy playing d3 baseball?

Scottie that year > Lebron this year.
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif

Dudes are always wildly overrating Pippen's '94 season.

28/7/7 vs 22/9/5

Won MVP vs 3rd in MVP voting
Best regular season record vs 2nd in Central Div

Dude AVERAGED 3 steals a game. 3

Wow dude. One good season. So I guess LeBron should already be on that list then, huh. He's had seven.

Upon further review you are in fact clueless.

Continue with the Pippen bashing bro
smile.gif

I probably know more than you. "Pippen bashing?" Saying a player is not top 50 of all time is hardly an insult. Thanks for your contribution though!

Originally Posted by 651akathePaul

EB4 President - My bad bro. I may have been a little to harsh.
laugh.gif

its cool, its good banter
laugh.gif

I dont know how people are saying Nique should be on but take Scottie Pippen off, im sorry but I would def rather Scottie on my team than Nique.

Rob Horry was a joke so i will
laugh.gif

I guess i might be able to see an argument for Dirk, but realistically he's just not top 50 in the NBA, nor is Steve Nash.

The biggest thing I think we have to clarify is how we're determining the NT NBA TOP 50? impact? numbers? awards and accomplishment? and then how is eachweighted? ( too much work, but thats the only way i think we'll come to a consesus) ppl arguing for dirk or nash should argue for AI,

Originally Posted by EB4President

Originally Posted by 651akathePaul

EB4 President - My bad bro. I may have been a little to harsh.
laugh.gif

its cool, its good banter
laugh.gif

I dont know how people are saying Nique should be on but take Scottie Pippen off, im sorry but I would def rather Scottie on my team than Nique.

Rob Horry was a joke so i will
laugh.gif

I guess i might be able to see an argument for Dirk, but realistically he's just not top 50 in the NBA, nor is Steve Nash.

The biggest thing I think we have to clarify is how we're determining the NT NBA TOP 50? impact? numbers? awards and accomplishment? and then how is each weighted? ( too much work, but thats the only way i think we'll come to a consesus) ppl arguing for dirk or nash should argue for AI,

I don't think either deserves a spot (Nique or Pip)

Pippen def stays, D.Wade doesn't get added.

I'm still up for debate about A.I. but leanin more toward votin him on the list. I think LBJ should sit this round out. Let's not get too hasty w/puttin him on

Originally Posted by JD617

Duncan, Kobe, KG, AI, Lebron, Dirk, Nique (shoulda been on the first time), J-Kidd, and GP should all be added.
I could make a case for Nique, but GP was in his prime. J-kidd was in his third season. Kobe and AI were in their rookie season. KG was in his 2ndseason, Timmy D wasn't even drafted yet and that goes with Dirk and Lebron. I would say they would all get in when they extend the list. but not the oldlist.

pippen is the only player who could score 5 points and still dominate a game.

reggie said it. and i would agree.

i remember the game he came back against the warriors in the '98 season.. it was like the bulls had a new life with him facilitating the triangle.

if only brian shaw hadn't gotten so hot from 3, the blazers might have won and history could have been very different.

Back
Top Bottom