NTWT 2024 | Happy New Year NTWT

Do You Prefer Yearly or Monthly Threads?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
damn that sucks about aj styles. wrestled a high flying style 20 years with no serious injuries. goes to wwe where its a much more grounded style and he has his 2 most serious injuries there.

just bad luck or age

Is beating Mewtwo in 2023 actually an accomplishment?

The most recognizable Japanese name to American fans during the late 80s-Early 90s. It is worth mentioning for sure.

I'm sure it is one of the highlights of Nakamura's entire LIFE.

Ringing in the new year by staying up all night to watch a 60 year old Japanese man in face paint make out with a dude is kinda wild to me, but hey, different strokes.

C38460F7-3795-4813-997E-48EF3649C409.gif

Mostly accurate and definitely hilarious, but WWF lying to themselves about the set designs in 1998. Club La Vela, Halloween Havoc, Starrcade, hell even the WCW Saturday Night set were killing anything WWF had at that time. WWF didn't get their set design back up until 2000/2001. Maybe and big MAYBE Raw's set was better than Nitro's, but to me it was a wash because both sets looked cool.

WCW also had the middle of the mat logos, which were great for pay per views.

jnpf8qb91dj01.jpg

wcw_sets_halloween_havoc___98_by_takerfan2013-d59uz5k.jpg

EYE would like to see a more serious version of Kenny Omega have a big run in 2023. His first championship reign was pretty underwhelming.

EYE would like to see a more serious version of Kenny Omega have a big run in 2023. His first championship reign was pretty underwhelming.

There has never been anything serious about Omega. Especially while hanging with the tassel goofs.

There has never been anything serious about Omega. Especially while hanging with the tassel goofs.
Bullet Club Kenny was definitely more serious than what we’ve seen from him in A&W. Still had some comedy & goofiness for sure, but I don’t think it took away from his presentation there.

Being in that AEW environment brings out the goofiness in everyone on the roster.
Yea, there was some goofy stuff from Kenny in NJPW as well but AEW is simply a place that is a bad influence for anyone simply wanting to be a serious competitor.

That damn Being the Elite show doesn't help either. :lol: (Yes, I know he also did that while he was in Japan)

EYE would like to see a more serious version of Seth Rollins have a big run in 2023. His last few years as a WWE Superstar have pretty underwhelming considering his actual level of ability.

Seems like they’re trying to transition him a bit more seriously now as a face.

I’m not saying you have to be Dean Malenko serious out there either.

Of course. Characters have to have layers. But Seth Rollins whole presentation just screams goofball. It's hard to take him seriously as an actual competitor. In general, I just feel his reputation in his era should be further along as it currently is.

Kenny being that way is a little more forgiving because he already established himself as being that type of dude. (See his beginnings in The DDT)

Back
Top Bottom