NY Come Pick Up Another L

Why not just slap a SUPREME sticker over a Metrocard and start reselling it?

Or would that be a "fake" card? SRS question

I'm bout to flourish :smokin

True story. I went through my closet recently and sold/donated all the sneakers and clothes I don't wear. Consumerism is a disease.
I need to do this asap. My closet is lined with kicks I'll never wear again and others that I don't ever know I have. Meanwhile I have a 15-20 shoe rotation and half of them aren't sneakers. Spring cleaning about to start this weekend.

Last edited:
Why not just slap a SUPREME sticker over a Metrocard and start reselling it?

Or would that be a "fake" card? SRS question

I'm bout to flourish :smokin
I was gonna do something like that but ain't ready for all them negative feedbacks [emoji]128514[/emoji][emoji]128514[/emoji][emoji]128514[/emoji][emoji]128514[/emoji]

At the end of the day, if it makes you happy then go for it.

Spillover from the Minimalist thread, others value possessions over experiences. I'm the opposite, I'd rather go traveling these days instead of buying material objects.

The sad reality is, the older you get, the less time you have for traveling...which is what I think the message we are trying to send this young man, he obviously is in a good spot financially to be able to carelessly blow 500$ on a tee shirt, he's in a stage in life where he can take advantage of his cash and build some real life experiences, no kids, no major job, no girl, son if I could go back in time and be in his shoes knowing what I know now and how these material things eventually mean NOTHING...I would be stamping my passport with no care, that's what I would collect, PASSPORT STAMPS....seeing the world at an early age can shape you into a better person, lord knows life comes at you fast and then you find yourself scrambling for time, because money won't be the issue once you are an adult, TIME IS...

Not to mention you talk to a shorty about the places you been to, that's an instant panty dropper for the right type of girls....not the chicks invested in the type of car you drive or your 500$ shirt....

You'll learn some day young grasshopper...wish I had older dudes of all walks of life giving me sound advice when I was young....so much money wasted on dumb ****

500 is a wild amount for a room and adventures with the fam ot. We still talk about that **** 10 years later, can't remember what we wore.

^I'm with you steezy.

Dudes so willing to throw money away at trash before investing in themselves is truly disheartening. Look at what happened to ninjas mind off watching too many rap videos :lol: Now he's delusional and thinks he's a rapper/dope boy himself cuz he got a pendant and might get a chain for it. He might be able to pull an airhead off the chain for a night but when she ask his profession how that gonna look :rofl: The youth are too impressionable and get sucked into this consumer mindset when they become an adult it's too late to really make moves. All their investment money they should've saved sitting collecting dirt and moths.

It's too late for ninja I've said in previous threads he looking like dead money, I doubt he even has the clout to wear a gaudy piece like that untucked. It wouldn't be the first time he been touched, though he got away first time. It's all good though he chilling in a truck and mom's crib all day posting on NT. No chain ATM so he got a pocket watch jesus piece essentially.

Not too late for alp though. dude needs to smarten up realize were trying to give him advice not take shots. We all NT fam.

Last edited:
Funny thing with clothes is if you lose weight, I know Alp a hefty kid, that shirt will not only be hideous, it WILL look hideous on you because now it don't fit you...lol I have a vanson sitting in my closet I saved up a months salary when I was about 20 years old....I was a heavy kid at that age, once I lost weight that Vanny never was worn again....since then I just shop at Zara....i still got on my yeezy shackles tho...about the only piece of clothing I find myself paying resell for :x like I said I'm not innocent on the consumerism cancer...but I will NEVER put any material things over an experience...that's just STUPID.

500 is a wild amount for a room and adventures with the fam ot. We still talk about that **** 10 years later, can't remember what we wore.

Spent about 800$ on my first trip to DR with the fellas...this was I think back in 04 the memories we made to this day are still laughed about....**** like that is truly priceless

Spent 12k on my honeymoon to Hawaii, will never regret a dime of that money, wife an I carry that experience with us for life.

So you said all of that only to run out and drop a stack on yeezys. You can't crucify that (ugly) shirt purchase then follow up with yeezy standome

Got a super oversized vanson sitting in my closet that I paid close to a G for too :smh:

Along with a bunch of DS J's I have no intention of wearing.

With Supreme dropping a Vanson jacket, now is probably the time to throw my old joint on the Bay.

All you young dudes take heed, you're doing yourself a huge disservice funneling all of your energy and capital into these overpriced fad items. They will be worth nothing to you in the near future and you will never be able to get back that lost opportunity cost.

Invest your time and money into more worthy causes. Invest in yourself, your loved ones and your future.

Don't buy into the hype.

I know you're probably going to disregard this advice, cause I did when I was younger. But you can't say that you never got the heads up.

It'll all sink in eventually.

Last edited:
Man i bought a lewy belt when i was 16 or 17. Havent worn that **** in years. Just sitting in the box at the crib. Thought i was the **** back then, in hindsight i waa a got damn fool.

I used to be one of those you don't need a car in NYC people....till I got a car.

Hopping on the Whitestone Bridge and being in Queen in 10 minutes >>>>> *

facts. with the exception manhattan, travel between boros is typically gonna be way faster in a whip.

...well traffic notwithstanding, word to LIE, BQE, Cross Bronx, GWB...

Saw a video complex posted yesterday of a crowd of *******s fighting in line to get to a Metrocard vending machine.

It is truly the end of times.

honestly, if ur dumb enough to see value in a supreme metrocard, you deserve to get ya money took. at this point, supreme could put out flyers for some sale (hypothetically) and the flyer itself would get sold for $100 easy.

i mean i can understand having a proclivity to certain brands (nike, subaru for me haha) but im not a slave to them.

[emoji]128077[/emoji][emoji]127995[/emoji][emoji]128077[/emoji][emoji]127995[/emoji]

At the end of the day, if it makes you happy then go for it.

Spillover from the Minimalist thread, others value possessions over experiences. I'm the opposite, I'd rather go traveling these days instead of buying material objects.

Wait Theres a minimalist thread I've been away for a while because all these threads got boring and repetitive with the same trolls clowning for lols

Last edited:
y'all no car dudes better have your own apartment ******* want a car or a apartment :lol:
yea round here u gotta have either one if you REALLY getting yambs...and the better the bishes get you better have both a car and spot :lol:

I will say that yall in NYC and other places that have legit transportation systems are lucky, at least yall have options...living in places where you gotta have a car, no questions asked can get annoying and inconvenient at times :smh:

You guys got me really considering putting my collection on stock x lol.

Back
Top Bottom