NY > LA Vol. NT Vets Check In

just got back from NY
the cold was not even a factor

i love NY am considering going back
if budget allows, i honestly would consider living there for 3-4 months of the year inshallah

Some things that NY has that LA doesn't
the people in NY dress way better
the food is amazing and is way more available

also i noticed the ppl in NY are super nice everyone was super nice to me

Baddies in every flavor
went to dyckman and was like
1709073791929.png

LA seems dead now. from 2010-2019 it looked like LA was on top of the world but covid destroyed everything.

seems like LA is still trying to recover from covid.

nyc recovered from covid pretty quickly
don't fall for the facade nyc still has issues.

just got back from NY
the cold was not even a factor

i love NY am considering going back
if budget allows, i honestly would consider living there for 3-4 months of the year inshallah

Some things that NY has that LA doesn't
the people in NY dress way better
the food is amazing and is way more available

also i noticed the ppl in NY are super nice everyone was super nice to me
I'm glad you seen the light. NYC >>>> LA

LA seems dead now. from 2010-2019 it looked like LA was on top of the world but covid destroyed everything.

seems like LA is still trying to recover from covid.

nyc recovered from covid pretty quickly
Honestly, living in any of the bigger cities in California is expensive as hell(except probably Sacramento.) That combined with job/career and the media stigma that “liberal cities are cesspools and homeless/drug-addicts massacre people in a nightly basis!!!” So LA, San Diego, and the Bay Area isn’t really “dead”, but they’re still pretty stagnant when it comes to growth. Well bounce back.😎

Honestly, living in any of the bigger cities in California is expensive as hell(except probably Sacramento.) That combined with job/career and the media stigma that “liberal cities are cesspools and homeless/drug-addicts massacre people in a nightly basis!!!” So LA, San Diego, and the Bay Area isn’t really “dead”, but they’re still pretty stagnant when it comes to growth. Well bounce back.😎

right. I’m thinking ever since covid ppl left LA or everyone is just remote working now and just aren’t going out.

i remember dtla was hella busy during lunch time with office workers out and about eating lunch and **** but now I don’t see that no more

right. I’m thinking ever since covid ppl left LA or everyone is just remote working now and just aren’t going out.

i remember dtla was hella busy during lunch time with office workers out and about eating lunch and **** but now I don’t see that no more
I saw the same thing when I visited. It’s sort of the same thing in San Francisco. It seems a bit more empty overall and the hip neighborhoods are getting crowded again(marina, mission, fisherman’s wharf, Chinatown, etc.), but our downtown is pretty dead after 7pm. It used to packed in 2019.

DTLA in 2019 vs when I went last year is completely different. It’s refreshing in some ways, but man I feel sorry for the smaller businesses that are struggling or didn’t make it. It’ll bounce back, but it will take time and these cities have to incentivize people to go out again and maybe do some drastic changes to bring more housing so things can be somewhat more affordable now.

What San Francisco is doing now is hosting a lot more events downtown like first Tuesdays and a few night market events. Hopefully that brings people out again, but again, they have to support small businesses and more housing if they don’t want these to happen again.

Also, we’ve been doing a better job helping out the homeless and those suffering from addiction recently so there are ALOT less people out in the streets which is a plus. How’s LA fairing in the front?

Alotta downtowns are dead, too many businesses and offices closed or downsized…Was just in ATL in it’s nothing going on downtown, just more homeless ppl roaming around

Back
Top Bottom