NY NT'ers, is Funkmaster Flex respected in NY? vol. Hot97 vs Power 105

Power 105.5 and the breakfast club they keep it real flex talks tuff but chickens out on his tuff talk flex hogan....

In general, yes just based off what he's done and how long he's been in the game especially when he was dominating the radio waves but real heads know he's a sucka clown that'll slob off any rapper in his presence on air. His act is very tired and corny now.

Both radio stations are whack. Nothing new or different about 105. They got a bunch of ppl fired by Hot 97 or let go by Wendy Williams for the most part. If it aint Star hating I don't care to hear these other clowns gossiping in the morning.

Granted, I haven't listened to terrestrial hip hop radio on a consistent basis in like 7 or 8 years. Same with watching BET.

Thursday nights WKCR with Stretch & Bobbito, their reruns, and whoever replaced them currently is forever dope though
pimp.gif

Never really heard of dude until I saw his name all over Lugz. Ever since then, I never respected him because of that
laugh.gif

Flex was tuff when I was growing up, but he's an old head trying to hang on at this point. That being said hearing him scratch live 10-12 yrs ago, was always something special, dude has skills.

"are you gonna take it? Are you gonna take it? For funkmaster flex night?

Flex is a corn for that funny stuff he said about PAC long after he passed.

It's a reason he's not been allowed in Los Angeles for years

Originally Posted by ToLiveandDieinNJ

"are you gonna take it? Are you gonna take it? For funkmaster flex night?
Irv Gotti in the club getting tipsy?

From 1995-1998 Funkmaster Flex Night after 9pm on Saturdays was something special.  He used to play songs and mixes that only DJ Clue was messing with at the time.  And even then Flex's bombs, scratches, and drops were >>> *.  At some point in the 2000s though he just got tired and played out.  Now people just want the music without the extra.

Without a doubt he gets respect. Damn if he's corny or not that's the topic anyways. I don't know any dj or station or that outta town folks know about like Flex or Hot 97. Dude has his own tv show, sneakers, partnered with Ford how can you not respect the hustle?

Originally Posted by blakep267

even though I think he's corny, Charlamagne is being a **** rider with Nicki Minaj so I have to side with Flex on the whole issue. I still like Charlamagne tho

But he owns up to it, he even calls himself a Barbie lol.

La Mega > *

and im haitian at that. i also prefer NPR.

flex can be funny at times honestly, and dude has been on air since i can could remember. his car shows were cool too. but...

star-and-bucwild1.jpg
> *

edit:

dj whoo kid on shade 45 radio is so
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif

Originally Posted by ninjahood

He is da crown holder when it comes to NY DJs...he's arguably da most powerfulDJ in da national rap scene.Flex rants >>>>*

Ny DJ's yes, national? Idk your boy khaled been makin a name for himself in the past few years

Back
Top Bottom