NYC Heads: Do Texas Artists get airplay on Hot 97/Power 105?

I have a few squad up mixtapes, but I wouldn't say his buzz was big in the east coast(at that time), online maybe...

Originally Posted by daproblem53

Originally Posted by AF1 Beast

Flex is a nut rider
Tryin to play Drake all the time

roll.gif
roll.gif
flex dont even let the songs finish he restarts em like 9 times and switch the song up

i cant stand flex jesus

but no besides beyonce not much tx

Originally Posted by Crumbs

Originally Posted by daproblem53

Originally Posted by AF1 Beast

Flex is a nut rider
Tryin to play Drake all the time

roll.gif
roll.gif
flex dont even let the songs finish he restarts em like 9 times and switch the song up

i cant stand flex jesus

but no besides beyonce not much tx

So True. If it is a Saturday night, and a new song is playing, I am going to hear the intro 16 times. Word to Flex. He got other DJ's doing it too now thati think of it.

Originally Posted by Gello 201

Originally Posted by rocyaice

Originally Posted by airmaxpenny1

Originally Posted by ninjahood

Originally Posted by jerseymizzle

i'm not gonna get into every endless argument you presented. but
roll.gif
@ wayne blowing up because of new york.

damn right he blew up cuz of NYC, son was a honorary diplomats members da way he was on all those tapes....

that dipset co-sign helped embraced lil wayne to NYC rap fans who don't like embracing anything outside our city limits.

$!@#, NYC dudes were +#+%%!# with Weezy mixtapes harder than southern dudes for a minute. Him gettin so much hype from NYC cats helped him blwo up on a national level.

*Waits for Southern dudes and TIME to contest that*

How can NY start a career when they don't even buy albums lol? Especially hip hop albums? That's nonsense. Sure it helped but I saw Wayne's buzz arise when he dropped them Sqad Up tapes. Its funny seeing Drake's hype grow because the hype he has right now is the same type of hype Wayne had when he started dropping those Sqad up tapes.
laugh.gif
@ Ny making Wayne's career. Why can't they make anyone actually from NY a career?

Really? Can't start a rap career? Pure ignorance. Whatever you wanna say, it the place to be in hip hop. You're in movies, you go to L.A. You in hip hop, you go to NY. Drake STAYS in New York now. Every time a see a video of the dude he is in NY. That is where you go for exposure. I don't care if you dont believe me. Same goes for Wayne. He made a hot Drought 3....and then got on a TON of features with NY dudes...dipset, fat joe, im not gonna even name em all. Dont be mad because more people found out about weezy from his features AND THEN listened to albums like carter I and II, drought 3...

Don't be mad about what?
laugh.gif
Its just laughable to me that someoneactually credits the East Coast or NY specifically for why Wayne is hot right now. Especially when its a known fact out of all the regions in the country theEast Coast purchases the least album. You keep bringing up Dipset and Fat Joe. Them cats got gold albums. Dipset got a double album that went gold. Fat Joe atthe time just flopped and flopped even harder with the Wayne feature. But if you're theory is correct why can't NY break its own "stars" ifthey're so accustom to doing it? I mean they are the reason Wayne sold 3 million of course. I'm not discrediting what NY does for rappers. But justlike you see Drake in NY on the radio next week or probably later this week you can find him in Cleveland or Atlanta. His promo doesn't stop there.

Originally Posted by M16

Originally Posted by rocyaice

Originally Posted by M16

No.

Ask 10 NYC "rap fans" if they like Scarface and 9 will say "Yeah it was a good movie".

If you asked 10 people from Texas if they like Scarface 10 of them would say it was a good movie too. How are they suppose to differentiate the two? They have the same exact name lol.

Obviously you would ask in a discussion about rap.
So if you asked 9 people out of 10 in NY in a rap dicussion do you like Scarface they'd say it was a good movie?
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by ThunderChunk69

I have a few squad up mixtapes, but I wouldn't say his buzz was big in the east coast(at that time), online maybe...

I don't even know about online. I'm speaking about where I stay at. I don't even remember dudes mentioning it online but around my way Sqad Upmixtapes were HEAVY. That's all dudes were quoting. I don't think dudes remember how Wayne was viewed at the time. Especially after naming his album500 Degreez. Nobody cared about this cat. The little fanbase he had was the fanbase left over from the Hot Boys/Cmr days. Then the Sqad Up tapes came out andhe was getting love down here. Now his buzz wasn't at its peak but that's where the buzz began.

You're honestly the first person from the D not co-signing that wack %$%$. I was out at PV almost every weekend and it's disgusting to see grown !@+ men doing those gay !@+ dances. I'm waiting for Tum Tum to pop back up with something. Hell, i'm just waiting on somebody to pop out the D with something that's jamming minus a dance.
A lot of people down here think they gotta co-sign it just because its from here. But damn I just can't. I refuse to. Dudes dancing likechic's? We over here looking like Houston's gay cousin and %$$. Houston shouldn't even rock with us no more after this %$$.

Texas artists get play on NY radio when they have a hit song on the charts, that's about it.

Why is this so many pages?

So lemme get this straight - Wayne was apart of a group that was bigger than Dipset ever was, had more verses and albums under his belt than anybody on Dipsetnot named Cam (before Dipset even started poppin'!!), but somehow NYC/Dipset is responsible for Wayne now?

roll.gif

Get the ++%% outta here.

Originally Posted by ILL LEGAL OPERATION

So lemme get this straight - Wayne was apart of a group that was bigger than Dipset ever was, had more verses and albums under his belt than anybody on Dipset not named Cam (before Dipset even started poppin'!!), but somehow NYC is responsible for Wayne now?

roll.gif

Get the !+#$ outta here.

Glad i'm not the only one who realized how ridiculous that *#@ sounds.
laugh.gif

Doesnt every city just put out mainstream music from whatever part of the country. But play local stuff too??? Thats how it is in the bay.

rocyaice wrote: Don't be mad about what?
laugh.gif
Its just laughable to methat someone actually credits the East Coast or NY specifically for why Wayne is hot right now. Especially when its a known fact out of all the regions in thecountry the East Coast purchases the least album. You keep bringing up Dipset and Fat Joe. Them cats got gold albums. Dipset got a double album that went gold.Fat Joe at the time just flopped and flopped even harder with the Wayne feature. But if you're theory is correct why can't NY break its own"stars" if they're so accustom to doing it? I mean they are the reason Wayne sold 3 million of course. I'm not discrediting what NY does forrappers. But just like you see Drake in NY on the radio next week or probably later this week you can find him in Cleveland or Atlanta. His promo doesn'tstop there. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .. . . . . . . . . . . .. . . . . . . . . All I'm saying is Wayne was OK, then he jumped on too many features imo, mainly from NY, and got big. For thebetter part of the decade he was doin his thing down south. Then him and (enter NY artist here) did some records. And Boom. NYC is magnifies your hiphopcareer, I really don't care if u think otherwise. I don't ask you about rodeo's and tumbleweeds, cause thats what your area is about. Now as far asrecords sold. We have literally 100X as many artists as you. But lets make it simple so u can understand. 1) the internet. 2) its not hard for you to copalbums locally cause u got like two local bums. Look how many NY artists there are. If I cop two albums I still leave out 8 other artists albums.

Well obviously the movie line was a joke, but that's what they are thinking of in their heads. They don't even know who Scarface the rapper IS.

So lemme get this straight - Wayne was apart of a group that was bigger than Dipset ever was, had more verses and albums under his belt than anybody on Dipset not named Cam (before Dipset even started poppin'!!), but somehow NYC/Dipset is responsible for Wayne now?

roll.gif

Get the ++%% outta here.

Yeah. Not fully responsible, but a huge part. Sure he had albums and verses before but nobody was REALLY checking for him the way they were after NY gave himthe co-sign. Wayne will probably tell you that himself.

Originally Posted by M16

Well obviously the movie line was a joke, but that's what they are thinking of in their heads. They don't even know who Scarface the rapper IS.

So lemme get this straight - Wayne was apart of a group that was bigger than Dipset ever was, had more verses and albums under his belt than anybody on Dipset not named Cam (before Dipset even started poppin'!!), but somehow NYC/Dipset is responsible for Wayne now?

roll.gif

Get the ++%% outta here.

Yeah. Not fully responsible, but a huge part. Sure he had albums and verses before but nobody was REALLY checking for him the way they were after NY gave him the co-sign. Wayne will probably tell you that himself.

Thank you, on a side not I'm not a fan of the fact that this thread started about Texas and Hot 97, and now is about Wayne.

NY RADIO IS TRASH...... IM FROM NY , the only time i hear the radio is when my alarm goes off 530 in the morning .... its been DRAKE for the past 2 weeks

Wayne blew up once he adopted that East Coast flow. Nobody was messin with Wayne when he had that rapid flow.

Originally Posted by devildog1776

NY RADIO IS TRASH...... IM FROM NY , the only time i hear the radio is when my alarm goes off 530 in the morning .... its been DRAKE for the past 2 weeks

under all this garbage reply lies to the answer for all you outta state fans critical of lil wayne's success because NYC.

lemme tell ya..you ain't NOBODY until NYC says you are cool.

we can single handedly preserve careers (M.O.P.'s Ante up gets played EVERYDAY on hot 97 since it came out a decade ago) or we can legitimatize a careerof

someone who's not from our city.

remember it was Jay-z feature on Juvenile 400 degreez that TRIGGERED cash money records to be played in NYC which in turned created da stage for

BLING BLING and all they other hits from then to catch fire from a NYC receptive audience.

remember cashmoney went ON TOUR with da Ruff Ryders, a NYC powerhouse....

LIL wayne was floundering as a rapper just goin gold time after time, and he was literally DA LAST rapper on cash money that mattered since all of da otherbolted

from da label...his foot was one step out da door and you what that lil gremlin ninja did that SAVED his career? He met this guy......

camron1.jpg

"he got lil weezy in da house"

as a LOYAL (almost stanish) diplomats fan back in da early 2000's i was puzzled to why dipset was messing with lil wayne SO much...i thought since hisblock was hot album that he was da weakest Hot Boy member..but son was on a mission to reinvent himself...he got da camron cosign and hung a picture of....

hova.jpg

on his wall...he completely BOUGHT into NYC hiphop in a way that was completely unreal for a guy that wasn't born in da boros...

all you lil wayne fans KNOW that as soon as he started ridin NYC !!+% thats when he popped..cuz when NYC started supporting so did everyone else.

c'mon guys....before T-pain, before Drake, before da lip ring.........there was

_x3r1749_juelz-santana_650.jpg

and he can thank Gillie for gettin da East Coast flow down pact.

Tru, i dont know if it was single handedly responsible, but definitely paid a huge part. I was sayin the same sh*t all along. Once he adapted to a NY/Eastcoast flow he started to pop and he lyrics got better. I still think people was writin for him so where along the line but once Ny had his back that gavehim a huge push. Everybody was like Dip set and NY messin with Wayne, and then history was made lol. On another note, look at some of the big southern rappers. They get huge becuase i think they adopt a NY flow or close to it. Not that nursery rhyme sh*t they been doin. You can even see it in T.I. even tho he stillgot that country @zz accent.

remember it was Jay-z feature on Juvenile 400 degreez that TRIGGERED cash money records to be played in NYC which in turned created da stage for........
.....the south's dominance.

Originally Posted by SEND ONE

remember it was Jay-z feature on Juvenile 400 degreez that TRIGGERED cash money records to be played in NYC which in turned created da stage for........
.....the south's dominance.

u know u right too....it conditioned NYCers to like southern beats and raps more.....

cuz no one other then outkast was making in roads up here...

Ninjahood explained the latest EVOLUTIONARY step Hip-Hop has taken.... on NT
pimp.gif

Result of this forward movement wasn't necessarily good but hey

Good %%+%%+% answer

Back
Top Bottom