Me ZILTCH :pimp:

Im touched people here are concerned.

NYC IS A DUMP

Wish prices would reflect your opinion :lol:
since when did prices dictate whether something was good or not? :rolleyes

My point is da demand of so many people wanting

To live in this "dump" pushes prices up. I was born

On NYC & id never leave..love my city.

What are some of the worst negatives about living in rent-stabilized apartments?
What are some of the best positives about living in rent-stabilized apartments?

best = cheap rent, my rent for example is so good if i get a 6 figure a year job my salary to expense ratio will be so wide i'd basically

have da discretionary spending power of that of someone who makes high 6, low 7 figures a year.

worst = landlord will "forget" to do maintenance on things other apts that pay market rent usually get a more frequent clip.

but if you think landords will use that to their advantage you're wrong, a tennant can report it and in result da rent rate will COMPLETELY

freeze until appropriate work is done, and many times da landord will not want beef with da city so they'll do da minimum to be compliant.

Always wondered why you typed like

this. Is it because your posting from

a mobile device or something?

Its beyond corny. Meth allows it and takes part in it here and there, so its been deemed the cool thing to do around here.
I think it's cornier to be an arrogant, uneducated 30 yo who types like a 12 yo and brags about living with his mom, while dreaming about one day owning a domestic car most 22 yos with a degree can afford to lease right out of college. I think this guy would be suicidal if Meth banned him because all he has is Niketalk fame. Actually, it may be just what he needs.

Who hurt you bruh?

There's nice parts of NJ to live in that are literally 5-10 mins away from NY / NYC.
Hoboken is dope but they want NYC rent prices. Buggin with that. Cheapest I've seen in doing some quick research is 1,600/month.

never understood why people are down with paying crazy rent prices for a 500 sq ft apartment when they could get a house with a yard and get a car 15 minutes out of a city for cheaper

Unless your house is paid for upfront, your house isn't yours until that final mortgage payment. The bank owns it until that happens. We saw plenty of that during the subprime mortgage scandal. You're paying rent just like those who live in apartments.

Its beyond corny. Meth allows it and takes part in it here and there, so its been deemed the cool thing to do around here.
I think it's cornier to be an arrogant, uneducated 30 yo who types like a 12 yo and brags about living with his mom, while dreaming about one day owning a domestic car most 22 yos with a degree can afford to lease right out of college. I think this guy would be suicidal if Meth banned him because all he has is Niketalk fame. Actually, it may be just what he needs.

View media item 466835

I dont have to be n NY to wear sheek clothing
laugh.gif

Ullllllllltraaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa coooooooooooooommmmmmbooooooooooooooooo!!!!!!

Who hurt you bruh?
seriously.  Talk about extra salty...

Last edited:
Not even shocked about this.  They're evolving NYC into an upscale metropolis for the rich, while x'ing out all the affordable housing.  I used to live in Crown Heights, on Eastern Parkway, and now over by Franklin Avenue, which if you know about that area, know that was shoot em up bang bang city over there by the Shuttle, and now you see outdoor cafes, little Thai restaurants, and rent in the upwards of $1300+, so this vote comes as no shock to me.  Up in Harlem, on 135th and Broadway, 3333 Broadway is run down, and looking like an impromptu projects, but now you see a different class of person moving in there, and it's like, wow.  In due time, they will run the low rent occupants out, and it sucks, but at the end of the day, it's a business, so no shocks there.

I am looking to move right now and can't find anything that's less than like $3000 a month in downtown Manhattan that's not a tenement/shoebox

Who hurt you bruh?
seriously.  Talk about extra salty...

He sounds like my fan...maybe i should sign

A personalized musket just for him... >D

22 year olds leasing a SRT8/ZL1 outta college...in

This job environment? :lol: tell u one thing, a *****

Like me aint worried about hecklers on da internet

Meth dont do nuffin cuz i dont care about it. you

Gotta be walking around wit sugar soaked panties

To catch feelings on a message board b, thats facts.

I mean seriously, whats a lil peon thats got a hard on

For me gonna do to effect me attracting yambs &

Paper? We not even on da same level to keep it funky,

Im blessed, i aint got NO worries :pimp:

Last edited:
Where do you guys live where rent is so cheap?? I live in SF where rent prices are similar to NYC. SMH at how much I'm paying for my studio right now. There's really no escaping it, cause living outside of the city isn't much cheaper unless you move to one of those crappy East Bay cities like Fremont.

still would not trade it for anything though. Would rather live in a shack here than in a mansion in the south

Last edited:
I am looking to move right now and can't find anything that's less than like $3000 a month in downtown Manhattan that's not a tenement/shoebox
What's the price range you're seeking?  When me and my wife was looking for an apartment on Craigslist, we saw some pretty affordable places in Staten Island.  You're not going to find much in Manhattan for under $1200.  Even a craptacular apartment in an even crappier neighborhood goes for about $1200.  Living in NYC isn't cheap anymore.  So, right now your best bets are either Staten Island or the Bronx.  Those are the cheapest spots right now.  Or you can move to Jersey.  Only downside is that Hudson County is ridiculous in rent.  A lot of people are moving out to Newark/Irvington, but even out here is getting up there in rent.  Good luck in your searches though bro.

Unless your house is paid for upfront, your house isn't yours until that final mortgage payment. The bank owns it until that happens. We saw plenty of that during the subprime mortgage scandal. You're paying rent just like those who live in apartments.
hate when people say their house is there's.

You paying rent to the bank till they feel you can have it.

15-30 years worth...

And with all the arms, piggy backs etc... Ain't no telling when it'll be yours.

It's comical though, because rent is gully high in Jersey City, yet by a ton of standards, Jersey City is worse than Newark.

never understood why people are down with paying crazy rent prices for a 500 sq ft apartment when they could get a house with a yard and get a car 15 minutes out of a city for cheaper
apartments are self contained so its makes life easier. im with you on the redic rental prices tho **** that...

...but ive never understood why people want yards...

like people really like mowing grass, trimming hedges, planting seeds, cutting branches?

and than what sucks even more is if you let it grow like nature intended (its a sign of healthy plant life), the stick up their *** neighbors get all butt hurt because it "makes the neighborhood look bad." 

yards are such a waste of good space to me. i know im not about that life but if other people are, best of luck to them with that.

Last edited:
Why don't you move to the burbs? Other then NYC I couldn't imagine it being that far of a commute in and out the city.

Back
Top Bottom