NYC to get a whole lot more interesting 2020 VOL. eliminating cash bail

I'm not a conspiracy theorist but it's so clear.

Impliment the most EXTREME form of bail reform.
Put jails right in (certain) people neighborhoods.
Congestion pricing- charge to get in and out of Manhattan.
No more free street parking, not even overnight.
Turn locations that were allocated as low income housing to modified homeless shelters.

Mass Exodus of the middle class.
Property values plummet. Investors in the know scoop up entire neighborhoods on the cheap.

Then they flip the switch. A Mayor that's tough on crime. Stop and frisk comes back. Broken windows policing. Bail reform repealed citing, "we tried it and it does not work."

Williamsburg, Bushwick, Harlem, Crown Heights was your blueprint.

Last edited:
Modern day debtors prison? Mississippi makes people work to pay off debt

By ANNA WOLFE and MICHELLE LIU

The tip we got at Mississippi Today seemed a little unlikely: a woman in state prison was also working at McDonald’s—and not voluntarily. But sure enough, we found Dixie D’Angelo, a woman with court-ordered debts of $5,000 because she damaged a friend’s car. She had been sentenced to something called a restitution center, where she worked four different restaurant jobs to try to earn enough to pay off her debts and get out of jail.

Our investigation with The Marshall Project found:

• Black people are overrepresented at restitution centers, accounting for 49% of inmates, compared with 38% of the state population, according to our analysis of center data for January 2019. More than 60% of people in prison in Mississippi are black.
  • The work-camp inmates are forced into low-wage, sometimes dangerous jobs, such as slaughtering chickens or gutting catfish at processing plants. Private citizens hire them to work as handymen and landscapers at their homes.
  • When inmates can’t get jobs, sometimes for medical reasons, they sit in the centers, accruing $330 a month in room and board costs. Some of them say the centers don’t offer programs to deal with addiction or earn high-school diplomas.
  • Just a quarter of all money earned by the inmates went to pay restitution, with the remainder going to the corrections department and the courts, according to state data from July 2014 through June 2018. In some cases, the courts added unrelated debts, such as child support. One man’s charge for meth possession turned into debt totaling $72,500.
  • Inaccurate and confusing record-keeping by the state makes it hard for inmates to know if they are making progress toward paying off their debts and how soon they might be eligible for release.

I have to ask my lawyer cousin about these crimes that are supposedly on the list.

but any violent crimes and **** dealing with kids has to carry some jail time. The bail reform should be about non violent petty ****.
when i got into fights i expected jail time. I knew the consequences and it was only fitting i wasnt out in the street.
If you under the influence and kill someone, your *** deserves sone time in a cell to rethink ****. Not rikers but a detention center type place.

Sneaker collecting is getting pretty expensive, but don't worry, y'all can rob banks now too.

Two different cereal bank robbers released. They both re offended.

Sneaker collecting is getting pretty expensive, but don't worry, y'all can rob banks now too.

Two different cereal bank robbers released. They both re offended.

its gon keep happening till they give da judge power of discernment.

All ny post links lol
I've already reached my monthly daily news and my times limit.

I've already posted here that some people have their minds made up and no matter how many real world examples are posted will change that.
But if you start neutral, and let the facts dictate your opinion, common sense will tell you the judges should have the power to use public safety risk as a factor to set bail.
But hey, when you don't have a sound argument, refute the other guys sources.

2 second Google search

All different sources.
But it's a moving target. Now that the "I don't like that source" argument is laid to rest it will be something else.

front_cover-2.jpg

At my military unit, most of my colleagues are cops on the outside with some in the NYPD. They've said at this point being a cop is not even worth it in the city and is just getting worse with some looking into retiring already.

This is such a disgrace man....

This isn't a good thing, as stated by somebody else above petty crimes i'm fine with bail reform but many many of the crimes on the list do not deserve to be on there.

I also agree with dude above who said this is a blueprint for investors, its always about the money and you're 100% correct. South Bronx aka Sobro is going to come up hard soon watch I would've never thought it in a million years but when the rough parts of BK are moving $$ BX will be next

Must read and remember this when you vote......signed by democrats. Get ready for the Wild West in ny come Jan 1,2020

Everyone needs to read this and repost it if you live or work in New York.

These are some of the laws that we as Police will be forced to give appearance tickets for because of the Bail Reform Act.

Source: the District Attorneys Association of the State of New York

Assault in the third degree
**Aggravated vehicular assault
**Aggravated assault upon a person less than eleven years old
**Criminally negligent homicide
**Aggravated vehicular homicide
**Manslaughter in the second degree
**Unlawful imprisonment in the first degree
Coercion in the first degree
**Arson in the third and fourth degree
Grand larceny in the first degree
**Criminal possession of a weapon on school grounds or criminal possession of a firearm
**Criminal possession of a controlled substance in the first and second degree
**Criminal sale of a controlled substance in the first and second degree
**Criminal sale of a controlled substance in or near school grounds
**Specified felony drug offenses involving the use of children, including the use of a child to commit a controlled substance offense and criminal sale of a controlled substance to a child
**Criminal solicitation in the first degree and criminal facilitation in the first degree
**Money laundering in SUPPORT OF TERRORISM in the third and fourth degree
**Making a terroristic threat
Patronizing a person for prostitution in a school zone
**Promoting an obscene sexual performance by a child
**Possessing an obscene sexual performance by a child
**Promoting a sexual performance by a child
**Failure to register as a sex offender
**Obstructing governmental administration in the first and second degree
**Obstructing governmental administration by means of a self-defense spray device
Bribery in the first degree
Bribe giving for public office
Bribe receiving in the first degree
**Promoting prison contraband in the first and second degree
**Resisting arrest
**Hindering prosecution
**Tampering with a juror and tampering with physical evidence
Aggravated harassment in the first degree
**Directing a laser at an aircraft in the first degree
**Criminal possession of a weapon in the fourth degree
**Criminal sale of a firearm to a minor
Enterprise corruption and money laundering in the first degree
**Aggravated cruelty to animals, overdriving, torturing and injuring animals
**Failure to provide proper sustenance
Animal fighting

And if you think this is bad check out the Raise the Age Law Governor Cuomo signed. All to pander for votes. Still think you did not vote for a complete *******???

Back
Top Bottom