Votes: 0 0.0%
  • B. Michaelangelo (silly one)

• C. Leonardo (the leader)

• D. Donatello (The smart one)

• Total voters
Even after all this ****, my feelings on Melo remain unchanged. He plays for my team so I want to see him succeed and bring us glory, but I don't really feel too strongly about him one way or another. I do think he gets a lot of unnecessary crap though and it's become part of the narrative when talking about Melo. If people were realistic about his abilities and skill set then we'd all be better for it.

This.

So much garbage spewed in here
laugh.gif
. Y'all don't even deserve him
If this was addressed to me...expand on this, please.

Even after all this ****, my feelings on Melo remain unchanged. He plays for my team so I want to see him succeed and bring us glory, but I don't really feel too strongly about him one way or another. I do think he gets a lot of unnecessary crap though and it's become part of the narrative when talking about Melo. If people were realistic about his abilities and skill set then we'd all be better for it.

This.

Perfectly said. Exactly how i feel about Melo. Glad he's back though, speeds our process up.

Happy Bday HTTB.

I just love how coveted Melo is now, but when he was locked in with the Knicks and when he resigns he'll go back to being a glorified Glen Robinson to fans of every other team in the league. Sports fans are something else.:lol:

Quote:
So much garbage spewed in here
laugh.gif
. Y'all don't even deserve him
This.

I'm a Sixers fan who watches the Knicks objectively.

I don't understand the disgust some Knicks fans have for Carmelo Anthony.

I genuinely don't get it.  He is a top ten player in the NBA.

I understand having some resentment about the trade to get him into a Knick uniform.  And I understand hoping he doesn't take the the full max because you'd like your team to have more financial flexibility. 

Him taking a lot of shots is a cop out too.  Who else is taking the shots?  Maybe I haven't seen enough Knick games but I've seen on several occasions Melo pass the ball, it moves around, and then before you know it, there's 6 seconds on the shot clock and the ball is back in Melo's hands.  I also noticed that Woodson ran the same kind of offense even when Melo wasn't in the game.

It honestly all feels like grasping at straws from this outsider's prospective.  Durant's not walking through that door.  I'd liken it to a hipster approach to fandom where everything else or somebody else is better than what you have.

@JADubin5: FWIW, a 7.5% dip in year 2 of the deal would mean Melo takes 5-years, ~$116 million. Berman floated that last week.

Bleh. Take a discount, Carmelo!

I'm shocked Phil went all in on Melo. Never really thought he was a fan of Melo's game.
He sort of did--5 years $120 MM
laugh.gif
That's not the official terms. Woj and them are saying it's 5 for 120+ but there's a chance he might still take that discount.

If he does, don't expect anything drastic like 5 for 100 or some ****. It will be slight.

So he signed for 9 mil less. I was hoping he signed for a little less but it is what it is. Phil isn't done wheelin and dealin either.

Quote:

This.

I'm a Sixers fan who watches the Knicks objectively.

I don't understand the disgust some Knicks fans have for Carmelo Anthony.

I genuinely don't get it.  He is a top ten player in the NBA.

I understand having some resentment about the trade to get him into a Knick uniform.  And I understand hoping he doesn't take the the full max because you'd like your team to have more financial flexibility. 

Him taking a lot of shots is a cop out too.  Who else is taking the shots?  Maybe I haven't seen enough Knick games but I've seen on several occasions Melo pass the ball, it moves around, and then before you know it, there's 6 seconds on the shot clock and the ball is back in Melo's hands.  I also noticed that Woodson ran the same kind of offense even when Melo wasn't in the game.

It honestly all feels like grasping at straws from this outsider's prospective.  Durant's not walking through that door.  I'd liken it to a hipster approach to fandom where everything else or somebody else is better than what you have.

For the most part--Knicks fans here love and appreciate Melo. Some of us even said we wouldn't hold it against him if he left. The man carried us all year last year.

Back
Top Bottom