Votes: 0 0.0%
  • B. Michaelangelo (silly one)

• C. Leonardo (the leader)

• D. Donatello (The smart one)

• Total voters

melo can feast in the triangle.  more off ball movement should make the game much easier for him.  calderon and prigioni will also get a lot of open looks.  didn't realize how well pablo shot from 3 last year
The off the ball movement that the triangle brings gonna do wonders for Melo. It was so painful watching dudes dump the ball to Melo, not move, and then having people say it's because Melo don't pass the ball! Even some dudes in here complained about the passing, when really its the movement that sets up for the passing. Like nah, how bout you cut or rotate and create some passing lanes? Smh. Dudes would literally be camped out in the same spot for 4-5 seconds doing nothing but making the job on defense easier and making things harder on Melo with dudes cheating off to double. It was the worst.

I hope we give our young guys a good amount of minutes too. We need to bring the fast break back to the Garden. Motion and fast break are two of the most glaring problems we've had the last few years. Both bring easy buckets which is something we've lacked. I'm not trying to watch us work so damn hard for all our points again this year.

also, excerpt from nba insider. smd

http://insider.espn.go.com/nba/story/_/id/11227532/nba-best-worst-free-agency-deals-far

nba_g_anthony_576x324.jpg

Nathaniel S. Butler/NBAE/Getty Images

The numbers say Carmelo Anthony's contract was the worst of the NBA offseason so far.

Worst deals

Carmelo Anthony, New York Knicks | Age: 30

Contract: Five years, $125M | AAV: $24.8M

2013-14 value: 8.9 WAR | Expected AAV: $10.9M

Annual surplus value: -$13.9M

There are mixed reviews on this contract. Nate Silver at FiveThirtyEight thinks it doomed the Knicks to mediocrity. Bill Simmons at Grantland called Melo one of the game's most underappreciated players and asserted the Knicks are a solid supporting cast away from a title. However, at this money, RPM disagrees: According to the metrics, Anthony will be one of the most overpaid players in the game.

Like most, RPM sees Anthony as a below-average player on the defensive end. As such, he needs to be otherworldly on offense to warrant a $125 million commitment. Anthony's a great scorer, but he rated as only the 18th-best offensive player in the league last season. That's probably a bit unkind, but Melo's age and defensive struggles make this contract a dubious one by any estimation.

^ peter lugers for the summit... and when theres a national televised game i switch over to msg because i rather hear clyde and breen :pimp:

Back
Top Bottom