Votes: 0 0.0%
  • B. Michaelangelo (silly one)

• C. Leonardo (the leader)

• D. Donatello (The smart one)

• Total voters
i feel like shumpert is playing bad on purpose. dude usually hasthe most heart on this team but recently hes in yolo mode. trade rumors kills chemistry

I like Shump and hope we keep him but how long can people keep making excuses for his poor performance that it is because he is distracted?
He should not be thinking of anything but the game on Gameday and if he cannot mentally tune himself into the game then you have to question his mentality

dirk vs. melo

shooting- dirk

scoring any other way-melo

passing- melo

dribbling-melo

defense- melo (ill take lazy over incapable any day of the week)

rebounding-stats say dirk, eyes say melo

offensive rebounding- melo

flopping- dirk

not an outlandish comparison whatsoever think in terms of basketball not espn perceptions/nt popular opinions

This has been a brutal Fall season in New York sports, starting with the NFL teams, the Jets and Giants, who have been abysmal and are both likely to miss the playoffs for a second straight season.

The NBA and NHL teams (not including Devils...only teams that consider themselves "New York" count here) are also floundering early in their respective seasons.

Just this fall alone, the New York teams are a combined 51-84-7, which is a .386 winning percentage. (we took into account the 7 "overtime/shootout losses" in hockey as losses because, well, it's still a loss.).

But since 2013 is 12 months long, let's give the locals the benefit of the entire body of work in this calendar year. Especially when you consider how good things were last season for the winter teams, as all four made the playoffs -- the only teams to make the postseason in the year.

So from Jan. 1 to today, including the NBA and NHL playoffs and the baseball season, here's where New York pro sports stands with just two weeks left in the year.

342-360.

(Technically it's 342-342-18, but, again, the NHL OT/SO loss is still a loss).

Our winning percentage in the Year of 2013 so far is .487.

But there's still time to finish 2013 with a winning record -- or, at least, .500 -- before Dec. 31.

There are 33 collective games left on the schedule. One caveat is that one of them -- Islanders-Rangers this week -- ensures someone is going to lose. So technically there are 32 games left to avoid falling under .500 or make up the 18 we are down in the win column.

dirk vs. melo

shooting- dirk
scoring any other way-melo
passing- melo
dribbling-melo
defense- melo (ill take lazy over incapable any day of the week)
rebounding-stats say dirk, eyes say melo
offensive rebounding- melo
flopping- dirk

not an outlandish comparison whatsoever think in terms of basketball not espn perceptions/nt popular opinions

Yup, you got it bro.

Y'all play way too many video games or watch way too much streetball.

Melo wishes he could have the career Dirk had at 30 years old. If he did, we'd be the first/second seed and deep in the playoffs almost every year. You forgot to ask yourself "Who's been better for there team? Who made their team's system better almost every year?" Stop it dude. There is no comparison, stop looking for one. They are two completely different players. Just because Dirk did it doesn't mean Melo can. This argument is better suited for elementary students, can't believe it.

I don't get some of y'all man lol, are we Knicks fans or are we Melo fans first? I'm telling y'all, Dolan loves y'all types.

Yup, you got it bro.

Y'all play way too many video games or watch way too much streetball.

Melo wishes he could have the career Dirk had at 30 years old. If he did, we'd be the first/second seed and deep in the playoffs almost every year. You forgot to ask yourself "Who's been better for there team? Who made their team's system better almost every year?" Stop it dude. There is no comparison, stop looking for one. They are two completely different players. Just because Dirk did it doesn't mean Melo can. This argument is better suited for elementary students, can't believe it.

I don't get some of y'all man lol, are we Knicks fans or are we Melo fans first? I'm telling y'all, Dolan loves y'all types.
your clearly neither and no one is buying your bs anymore

This Dirk/Melo talk needs to stop. I'll take Dirk over Melo 10 out of 10 times.

Its ok to let Knick bias get to you, but this argument is ******ed.

your clearly neither and no one is buying your bs anymore

You're*

And btw brotha, not all Knicks fans have to think like you, not all Knick fans have place themselves in fantasy land, think everything is all good, and Melo is god. You live in your world and support the Knicks. But I'm a realist that just so happens to be a Knick fan. We're different, deal with it.

Thing is, James Dolan is a hell of a lot more like you than he he is like me, and that's why we've been in purgatory for so long. Put reason before emotions.

Na if u don't think melo can win similar to how dirk did that is just blind hate. your not a realist you're a pessimist who just wants to be right all the time. Dirk been god status ever since bron handed him a ring for some reason

Na if u don't think melo can win similar to how dirk did that is just blind hate. your not a realist you're a pessimist who just wants to be right all the time. Dirk been god status ever since bron handed him a ring for some reason

I mean they're just not on the same level. Dirk has none of the problems Melo has. He has always been a very efficient scorer, a functional part of a moving offense, and exhibits strong leadership qualities. He also had sustained playoff success his entire career even before he won, unlike Melo.

Different stratosphere of player.

man I'm looking at things from a basketball perspective u guys can keep rewording espn/popular opinions all u want but melo can do more than dirk on a basketball court and that is a fact. With the right team and coaching I don't see why he cannot accomplish the same as dirk did with a good cast and coach

Back
Top Bottom