• B. Michaelangelo (silly one)

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • C. Leonardo (the leader)

• D. Donatello (The smart one)

• Total voters
^

Yeah, soon as someone suggests that in 2014 Melo isn't a good passer, can't play D or doesn't give effort, I automatically assume they're not actually watching the games/deciphering for themselves. 

Word, a lot of dudes just sit around & listen to watch ESPN is saying. Or what SAS has to say, but never actually watch the games to see that dude has been playin solid defense & would have way more assists if they were hittin their shots.

Also, Melo is statistically having his best year.

Wait...Melo in the triangle offense? It's an offense predicated on crisp and timely passing.
if you actually watch the knicks, melo is a pretty good passer. the problem is that everybody likes to stand and watch him when he gets the ball, instead of running a play. when he does pass it, they just dont seem to knock down shots. hes a willing passer and defender, but the team gets so stagnant and thats where i blame woody. i mean doesnt he see that or does he just like watching melo go one on one...
Right. It's more than just passing beh. It's movement off the ball. Melo will give the ball up if guys are moving and getting open. What makes the Triangle special is that it creates passing lanes and gives players structure. You have a job to do at all times to keep the system in tact. Melo would fit very well because he can play inside or out. Some of our other players, not so much. Too many rubberneckers on our squad. Check the sports science:

It's crazy how many ppl want this Phil Jackson move to fail. The NBA really hates the Knicks. If he was goin to LA for the same position, they'd be gushing about how great it is. But since it's the Knicks, they want it to not work.

^

Yeah, soon as someone suggests that in 2014 Melo isn't a good passer, can't play D or doesn't give effort, I automatically assume they're not actually watching the games/deciphering for themselves. 

Been telling ppl this all season, it's gotten tiring. Way too much Melo bashing

I don't see how this even makes a difference, it's just a big name (what Dolan likes to do) and he wouldn't even be coaching.

Knicks gon' Knick.

If Phil gets a desk position I hope he ends up coaching next year. They won't fire Woodson this late in the season. If PJ were to coach. This is the setup.

Now all your friend has to do is tell SAS he is being used by Phil too.
touche`

Either way, I don't see myself being too affected one way or another.  This came so out of left field and it has so many different ways it can go that I think I'll be alright with whatever he decides.  Haven't even had much time to digest the idea and Phil's never even done the job before so it's really just kind of random, awesome and whatever all at the same time. 

I don't see how this even makes a difference, it's just a big name (what Dolan likes to do) and he wouldn't even be coaching.

Knicks gon' Knick.

Phil seems like he's good with people. His name comes with respect. When you're respected like that, others wont try to rip you off or disrespect you on every transaction.

I dont see him being bent over and ****** like other GMs have been doing to Isiah, Steve, Dolan, etc.

Last edited:
eyes.gif
 spare me all the sports science junk. I get you want to defend your boy, but Melo has been this since college. He's a ball stopper period. He would have to buy into the triangle offense if it ever came to that, even that would take a while. I don't need any nuanced quantifiers to try and convince me what my eyes have been showing me about his game for the last 11 years. Triangle = you have to trust your teammates, he needs to do that more also.

Donnie signed Amar'e Stoudmire to a 100 mil contract uninsured. Look how that turned out. Perfect my ***.

Bottom line he made assurances to Dolan he couldn't keep and he got fired.

:rolleyes  spare me all the sports science junk. I get you want to defend your boy, but Melo has been this since college. He's a ball stopper period. He would have to buy into the triangle offense if it ever came to that, even that would take a while. I don't need any nuanced quantifiers to try and convince me what my eyes have been showing me about his game for the last 11 years. Triangle = you have to trust your teammates, he needs to do that more also.

So Kobe isn't a ballstopper ? LOL

Donnie signed Amar'e Stoudmire to a 100 mil contract uninsured. Look how that turned out. Perfect my ***.

Bottom line he made assurances to Dolan he couldn't keep and he got fired.
Look what it took to even get them at that point, he did a damn good job. Not too many could have done what he did. At least credit him for that.

eyes.gif
 spare me all the sports science junk. I get you want to defend your boy, but Melo has been this since college. He's a ball stopper period. He would have to buy into the triangle offense if it ever came to that, even that would take a while. I don't need any nuanced quantifiers to try and convince me what my eyes have been showing me about his game for the last 11 years. Triangle = you have to trust your teammates, he needs to do that more also.

So Kobe isn't a ballstopper ? LOL
I'm not going back and forth with this. Those that want to defend it--will. But to answer your question, yes. Kobe is also a bad shot shooter...who happens to have 5 rings. If Melo had that resume, no one would say a word.

Back
Top Bottom