Votes: 0 0.0%
  • B. Michaelangelo (silly one)

• C. Leonardo (the leader)

• D. Donatello (The smart one)

• Total voters
the thing with tyson is that he gained the 15-20 lbs he lost near the end of last season when he was "sick" (we still don't know what made that boy so sick)

so he's basically back up to his normal weight, if not just a little past it

also, thinkin of selling my ps3 (original 60GB). how much you think i can get for it?

Just wait for the next gen consoles to get 2K14..current gen is the same as 2K14 with some gameplay changes

And ESPN ranked Shump as the 119th best player in the league..severely underrated

the thing with tyson is that he gained the 15-20 lbs he lost near the end of last season when he was "sick" (we still don't know what made that boy so sick)

also, thinkin of selling my ps3 (original 60GB). how much you think i can get for it?

that is not the backwards compatible system, right?

yeah it's fully backwards compatible. i got it on the very first release date and it really hasn't been used all that much

favorite was playing onimusha on it. game was the goods

I got $100 cash for it. You dont have to throw in any extras, just the console and a controler :nerd:
(Im serious by the way)

Getting 2k14 2mm, heard it's pretty much the same as 2k13 with a couple of minor changes 2k13.5??? :rolleyes

Anyone else feel that way?

IDK, I feel like the gameplay is a little different. Also, they changed up the controls completely. How the Hell is the shotstick and the isomotion stick the same? They also changed up all the combos fro attacking to the basket i.e. spin move, hop step etc etc

The animations are TOO real and it's almost impossible to blow by defenders. Also, every time I go up for a block--I end up getting called for a blocking foul :stoneface:

The player shot releases are a little different too. I miss 2k12 :frown:

yeah it's fully backwards compatible. i got it on the very first release date and it really hasn't been used all that much

favorite was playing onimusha on it. game was the goods

many years ago, hell a few months ago, you would have gotten good money for it...but now ehh, not so much..you'd be lucky to get cash in the 250-300 range

many years ago, hell a few months ago, you would have gotten good money for it...but now ehh, not so much..you'd be lucky to get cash in the 250-300 range

Yeah, the original 60GB with the backwards compatibility was probably the most coveted PS3 model out. It also had the fastest read speed for the blu-ray player. It's still one of the best blu-ray players out there as we speak.

Too bad you'll only get $200 cash for it now.

IDK, I feel like the gameplay is a little different. Also, they changed up the controls completely. How the Hell is the shotstick and the isomotion stick the same? They also changed up all the combos fro attacking to the basket i.e. spin move, hop step etc etc

The animations are TOO real and it's almost impossible to blow by defenders. Also, every time I go up for a block--I end up getting called for a blocking foul :stoneface:

The player shot releases are a little different too. I miss 2k12 :frown:

Hmmmm I dig. I'ma just wait for Xbox 1 to come out & cop it for that.

we have the best lunch table.

i can't decide if i want a ps4. i really don't game much so i think i might just buy one down the road. my 360's been holding me down nicely.

World Peace: Be smart and tough
Updated: October 3, 2013, 7:52 PM ET
By Ian Begley | Special to ESPNNewYork.com
RECOMMEND276TWEET87COMMENTS91EMAILPRINT
GREENBURGH, N.Y. -- As a native New Yorker, Metta World Peace knows a large segment of New York Knicks fans wants its team to play a physically imposing style of basketball.

The veteran forward, however, disagrees with those sentiments.

He said on Thursday the Knicks need to try something different this season if they hope to end their 40-year title drought.

Knicks Blog
Looking for more Knicks news? ESPNNewYork.com has you covered. Blog »

"I'm not big on just being physical," World Peace said. "I know New York fans love the old physical teams; New York is a physical place. But New York don't have a championship in the last how many years? 1973? It's about time we become intelligent. It's about time we changed that."

Knicks teams coached by Pat Riley and Jeff Van Gundy in the 1990s were known for their physical play on defense. The Knicks under Riley reached the 1994 NBA Finals, and Van Gundy led them to the Finals in 1999.

But in recent seasons under Carmelo Anthony, the Knicks have been among the top teams in the NBA on offense. A physically imposing defense hasn't been their calling card. Last season, the Knicks ranked third in points scored per 100 possessions but 16th in points allowed per 100 possessions.

World Peace said the key for the Knicks this season is to play smart basketball. He added that he's not overly concerned with how many hard fouls they commit.

"All that old physical stuff that all these fans are talking about, I'm from New York, it's not winning championships," World Peace said. "[You] have to bring some type of intelligence and you have to be together. That's the only thing that's important. I don't care about being just a physical team. You have to be both."

World Peace is also very confident in coach Mike Woodson.

After Thursday's practice, World Peace went so far as to favorably compare Woodson to a certain ex-Knick who has coached teams to an NBA-record 11 championships.

"He reminds me of Phil Jackson a little bit," World Peace said of Woodson. "With the exception of Phil ran the triangle. Phil had a couple different concepts. [They're similar] as far as holding each other accountable, figuring it out out there on the floor. Woody will put in the system, the sets on defense and offense, and he expects us to play together, play smart. From that sense, he reminds me a lot of Phil."

World Peace won a title playing under Jackson in Los Angeles in 2009-10.

Back
Top Bottom