Votes: 0 0.0%
  • C. Leonardo (the leader)

• D. Donatello (The smart one)

• Total voters
The blatant disrespect 
mean.gif

the more i think about this, the more i'm actually offended, as a fan of basketball, by the stupidity we're fed by the media as if they're somehow more qualified

it's not only disrespect because it's the knicks and the knicks are our team, it's just plain disrespectful to fans of the nba

I don't know why you all keep entertaining their bs. They do this every year....who cares what they think. In due time we'll see where this team really ranks. Until then why stress over it?

I'm never shocked anymore when "analysts"
troll us, but I still can't believe this dude chuck said the Knicks bench is weak and nobody called him out

Prigioini
JR

Last edited:
shaq is trying to be funny. screw him. hes doing commercials for Buick and icyhot so the jokes on him.

I havent looked back in the past couple of pages so sorry if this.was already discussed but how do you guys feel about melo wanting to recruit free agents for the 2014 season? Who do you guys feel would be a great pick even though knicks always Do the complete opposite of what they should?

Read that yesterday, we'll see how that goes.

Nothing else matters today. Melo is going for 40 tonight in a win.

I just think that people think it is the "in" thing to hate the Knicks. I forgot which one of those clowns said New York's bench was weak, I'm like who else in the east has a better bench, all we need is a consistent knock down shooter, but we are too deep. Fools have us behind the friggin Bobcats, what did they do all of the sudden to be a playoff team, Al Jefferson? Ask the T'wolves how that worked out. To me it's the same as last year, everybody was so high on the Nets, to me they took a step back, the "truth"' is older, KG was on his last wheel last year, and Jason Terry hasn't been a legit threat since the Hawks, although he was key in Dallas. No one thought the Knicks would do anything last year, we got further than many thought, I think if we can avoid Indy, we are good, to me Indy is the only real threat, not Chicago, and not Miami, they can be beat.

As usual, James Dolan out of touch thinking Knicks are title team
With the money Dolan has invested in this roster, he should be setting his sights high even though Miami is still Miami and Indiana, Chicago and Brooklyn all improved.

Frankie Ice, NY Daily News

View media item 635143
James Dolan wants a championship, and Knicks coach Mike Woodson doesn’t have the resources to make that happen.

When James Dolan sat down with the coaching staff earlier this month, his message to the group was plain and simple, and yes, somewhat unrealistic.
“He said he believes the team is good enough to win a championship,” says a person with knowledge of the meeting. “That’s what he thinks.”

RELATED: KNICKS, NETS SET TO TAKE N.Y. RIVALRY TO NEW HEIGHTS
Now, I have no idea what Mike Woodson’s reaction was to Dolan’s declaration about the 2013-14 Knicks, but an obvious response from the head coach would have been to ask, “If you honestly feel that way, why on earth did you fire my friend who assembled the roster?”
Ah, but this is Madison Square Garden, the place where the seats, scoreboard and suites may have been transformed but not the boss. The company policy is still “you don’t ask questions. You just cash your big fat check and keep quiet.”

RELATED: KNICKS IGNORE DOUBTERS, FOCUS ON TITLE RUN
The Knicks have never given us a clear answer as to why Glen Grunwald was canned months after the Knicks won 54 regular-season games and won a playoff series for the first time in 13 years. There really is no correct answer except to say that the media-shy Dolan is still as unpredictable, eccentric and impulsive as ever.
And again, with the money Dolan has invested in this roster, he should be setting his sights high even though Miami is still Miami and Indiana, Chicago and Brooklyn all improved. But if Dolan is talking title, that means the clock is ticking on Woodson, a seasoned basketball man who in his heart of hearts knows that last season was the Knicks’ best chance to snap the franchise’s championship drought.

RELATED: MELO ON BARKLEY'S RIP: 'I DON'T LISTEN TO THAT GUY'
“I think we’re solid enough to compete for one, absolutely,” Woodson said on the eve of Wednesday’s season opener against Milwaukee. “I think we’re one of the teams that are going to be in the hunt.”

In the hunt? The Knicks won six playoff games last season, which happens to be 10 shy of the number needed to hoist the Lawrence O’Brien Trophy. Does anyone, other than Dolan, believe this Knicks team, which lacks leadership and a legitimate second superstar, can win 16 playoff games?

RELATED: KNICKS INSIDER: METTA’S WACKY WORLD
Woodson, who has been in the NBA 30 years as a player and coach, understands the Knicks’ shortcomings. The Knicks went an entire preseason with Andrea Bargnani at power forward and Anthony at small forward and yet it looks like Anthony will go back to the 4 with Metta World Peace replacing the big Italian against the Bucks.
“I do know there was a lineup that was pretty successful last year,” Woodson said.

RELATED: BREAKING DOWN THE KNICKS: HOW MELO & CO. STACK UP
Yes, playing small with Anthony at power forward was the Knicks’ best lineup. But that team also included Jason Kidd, who was a huge presence in the locker room. It also included Rasheed Wallace, Woodson’s pal from their Detroit days who conveyed the head coach’s message to the players.
Dolan, though, prefers a younger roster and was annoyed that the season ended with Kidd a shell of himself and Marcus Camby being used while Wallace and Kurt Thomas were forced to retire with foot injuries. The one concession Dolan was willing to make was re-signing Kenyon Martin with the idea of limiting his minutes in order to keep him healthy for the postseason.
This is already shaping up to be Woodson’s toughest challenge since replacing Mike D’Antoni two seasons ago. Amar’e Stoudemire’s health is again a question mark, and Anthony is being thrust into a leadership role while keeping one eye on free agency. J.R. Smith is no longer playing for a contract, and when Woodson looks at the end of his bench he no longer sees Wallace, Camby and Thomas but instead Cole Aldrich and Chris Smith.

We know Woodson is a survivor because he’s proven that he can navigate the shark-infested corporate waters at MSG. Think about it, Woodson has strong ties to both Larry Brown and Isiah Thomas; one is Dolan’s least favorite NBA guy, the other his No. 1 confidant. Two years ago, when the Knicks were ready to make him the full-time coach, Woodson accepted their ground rules by firing his and Brown’s agent, Keith Glass.
But now Dolan wants a championship, and Woodson doesn’t have the resources to make that happen. We know it, Woodson knows it and when Dolan finds out, someone will disappear and take on the dreaded title of “adviser.”

Read more: http://www.nydailynews.com/sports/b...ks-title-team-article-1.1500914#ixzz2jD17oTAv

Back
Top Bottom