Oakland RAIDERS OffSeason Thread

Originally Posted by zube42

Originally Posted by xCautioNx

people in here complaining about Routt must not have watched him play last year. Statistically he was tied with Nnamdi in passes caught on him while being targeted way more, and he had more picks then Nnamdi. Sad to see Nnamdi go, but I think Routt will step and become the Raiders next big time DB. http://www.sfgate.com/cgi...rs/detail?entry_id=83818 He just needs to stop the PI's, and many of them were questionable calls last season.

Routt had good numbers but dude makes some dumb *%! decisions and he always tends to give a big play at the worst times.
Completely agree. Routt is inconsistent, makes bone head plays, and has a habit of giving up big plays at the most crucial of times. 
I'd love to be proven wrong but I don't ever see Routt becoming a big time DB in this league. 

Originally Posted by zube42

people in here complaining about Routt must not have watched him play last year. Statistically he was tied with Nnamdi in passes caught on him while being targeted way more, and he had more picks then Nnamdi. Sad to see Nnamdi go, but I think Routt will step and become the Raiders next big time DB. http://www.sfgate.com/cgi...rs/detail?entry_id=83818 He just needs to stop the PI's, and many of them were questionable calls last season.

Routt had good numbers but dude makes some dumb *%! decisions and he always tends to give a big play at the worst times.
Completely agree. Routt is inconsistent, makes bone head plays, and has a habit of giving up big plays at the most crucial of times. 
I'd love to be proven wrong but I don't ever see Routt becoming a big time DB in this league. 

Originally Posted by laker4lifeman

oh and also the Raiders won games without Nnamdi last season so he def doesn't make or break this team.
That's how I'm looking at we were terrible with him we can't get any worse.
ohwell.gif
We were so far from terrible last year.

oh and also the Raiders won games without Nnamdi last season so he def doesn't make or break this team.
ohwell.gif

Originally Posted by HAM CITY

ohwell.gif
I know that man but we were 2-14 with him. Well at least we have some young players and a decent QB.

ohwell.gif
I know that man but we were 2-14 with him. Well at least we have some young players and a decent QB.

ohwell.gif

In a QB driven league i dont think Campbell will get us anywhere. The steelers, niners, and colts showed how to stop him last year...stop the run and you stop campbell. Campbells best games were against the broncos, jags, chargers, and chiefs and thats cuz Run DMC or Bush had steller games. I mean campbell has two td passes in a game we won 59-14. We need a Backup badd. Campbell doesnt have the killer instinc. He needs to be more like richard seymour as the offensive leader. Anyway i hope i am totally wrong and campbell tears it up this year. Win lose or tie...

ohwell.gif

In a QB driven league i dont think Campbell will get us anywhere. The steelers, niners, and colts showed how to stop him last year...stop the run and you stop campbell. Campbells best games were against the broncos, jags, chargers, and chiefs and thats cuz Run DMC or Bush had steller games. I mean campbell has two td passes in a game we won 59-14. We need a Backup badd. Campbell doesnt have the killer instinc. He needs to be more like richard seymour as the offensive leader. Anyway i hope i am totally wrong and campbell tears it up this year. Win lose or tie...

Originally Posted by AJIIIpLATINum

eh, when u have a QB that don't have trust on his pass protection he gonna be happy feet in the pocket, .....i'm liking what the raiders are doing, shoring up the O-line, i like the signing of Gaither, he gonna help us alot (when healthy), maybe another veteran O-Line (Marc Colombo?) signing would be awesome...also anybody else think we should take a risk with T.O., if price is cheap? People say he pass his prime, but IMO he still can bring it ...

Originally Posted by AJIIIpLATINum

eh, when u have a QB that don't have trust on his pass protection he gonna be happy feet in the pocket, .....i'm liking what the raiders are doing, shoring up the O-line, i like the signing of Gaither, he gonna help us alot (when healthy), maybe another veteran O-Line (Marc Colombo?) signing would be awesome...also anybody else think we should take a risk with T.O., if price is cheap? People say he pass his prime, but IMO he still can bring it ...

As far as the QB situation goes, I think Campbell will do fine this year. Remember this is his first time running the same offense back to back years since high school(correct me if I'm wrong) so we gotta give him a chance. If our defense can bring it this year the tools we have on offense will be fine enough with the addition of a good o-line and maybe 1 vet WR (I was hoping we got Ocho considering his past with Hue :/).
I heard if we don't re-sign Zach that Kevin Boss wants to join Oakland so that's a nice alternative. I expect a BIG year for McFadden.

As far as the QB situation goes, I think Campbell will do fine this year. Remember this is his first time running the same offense back to back years since high school(correct me if I'm wrong) so we gotta give him a chance. If our defense can bring it this year the tools we have on offense will be fine enough with the addition of a good o-line and maybe 1 vet WR (I was hoping we got Ocho considering his past with Hue :/).
I heard if we don't re-sign Zach that Kevin Boss wants to join Oakland so that's a nice alternative. I expect a BIG year for McFadden.

I've thought about T.O., but there's a 103% chance that he's gonna have a blow up by week 3 and call out the whole team and QB. It would be nice to possibly get him, but I don't think its worth the drama especially at this point of his career.

I've thought about T.O., but there's a 103% chance that he's gonna have a blow up by week 3 and call out the whole team and QB. It would be nice to possibly get him, but I don't think its worth the drama especially at this point of his career.

Originally Posted by BeatJunkie5

Re-sign Miller
Re-sign Michael Bush
Sign Gaither
Figure out a way to get Goldson...I'm not too excited about it, but we will need some help at the position.

Even though we lost our best player, I'm still happy with the overall team. We're super young pretty much at every position, which is what we needed to do since the Tim Brown/Jerry Rice/Rich Gannon/Charlie Garner era, it just seemed like we kept trying to build through Free Agency..but we've built through the draft pretty well post the Jamarcus Russell era (McFadden, Ford, Veldheer, Wisnewski, McClain, Houston, Murphy, etc...)

Super excited for the season!
My exact thoughts. 
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by BeatJunkie5

Re-sign Miller
Re-sign Michael Bush
Sign Gaither
Figure out a way to get Goldson...I'm not too excited about it, but we will need some help at the position.

Even though we lost our best player, I'm still happy with the overall team. We're super young pretty much at every position, which is what we needed to do since the Tim Brown/Jerry Rice/Rich Gannon/Charlie Garner era, it just seemed like we kept trying to build through Free Agency..but we've built through the draft pretty well post the Jamarcus Russell era (McFadden, Ford, Veldheer, Wisnewski, McClain, Houston, Murphy, etc...)

Super excited for the season!
My exact thoughts. 
laugh.gif

Adam Schefter reported we passed on Gaither and resigned Huff? Smh. I hope they didn't give him Routt money. They better sign Miller and Bush, I haven't heard anything regarding these two...

Adam Schefter reported we passed on Gaither and resigned Huff? Smh. I hope they didn't give him Routt money. They better sign Miller and Bush, I haven't heard anything regarding these two...

Hopefully Jared lowers his asking price. Hopefully Huff keeps on improving and if we get Cromartie we might have a chance this season.

Back
Top Bottom