Oakland RAIDERS Season Thread

If last year is any inclination we should win this game hands down.

The Chargers essentially have NO left tackle for the game. Wimbley had 5 sacks against them last year when they were having LT problems. Stack their left side and BLITZ BLITZ BLITZ all day. Rivers will be crying by halftime.

I hope many from Raider Nation aren't thinking this game will be a cake walk. For starters, we struggle mightily in nationally televised game. Two, this is a division game and regardless of how banged up the Chargers are, it will require a complete game from Oakland to pull this out. I understand Wimbley beasted in that first game, but how come he didn't in the second matchup? The reason why is because the Chargers went to max protection formations, which is something I think we'll see plenty of come Monday. TE's, RB's all helping that left side.

I actually think our defense is the strength of our team this year, assuming we stay healthy. We have very little depth at each position on the field, but our deepest area is d-line so I'm expecting them to come out on fire this game and at the very least put the clamps on the Chargers run game.

For offense, we'll be relying heavily on DHB in the passing game...and I think he'll be ready to go. Hopefully the kid Streater can keep tearing up those underneath routes. We need McFadden to be special to get our playaction off the ground.

Should be fun and I think we pull it out...20-17.

^ I also think it was because Gaither was playin LT in the second matchup, not Dombrowski or a ****** up McNeil

Yeah Gaither didn't get there until the 2nd game. Remember he was actually a Raider for 30 seconds lol. Gaither played well the 2nd game. Gaither isn't going to be there on Monday however.

And the Raiders USED to struggle in nationally televised games. I believe we won every one we were in last year. Broncos, Jets, Chargers. Any others?

I agree depth is a MAJOR concern for me as well. BUT if everyone stays healthy, especially the first game, we should win this one.

AND with McFadden on the field, EVERYTHING changes. Remember he didn't play in either Charger game and Bush gashed them for over 100 the first time. Imagine what RunDMC will be able to do to them.

ce Cube will also be playing. He will be playing pre game. He will debut his 2012 Raiders anthem song.

Ice Cuuuuuuu.....................I MEAN ICE T !!!!

Sorry random Opie and Anthony show reference there. Post reminded me of it.

I'm not getting over zealous on winning I just feel the Raiders starters are better than the Chargers starters so we SHOULD win. I think the Raiders are a better team.

I by no means am underestimating Rivers though. He could single handedly win himself.

Rivers has it out for us don't expect him to go down without a fight. I'm still worried about the corners and some of Knapp's playcalling I've seen from pre-season but I'm not gonna freak out unless it carries over to regular season.

Just go home. The play calling was horrible. Too many check downs to DMC. Palmer was missing throws to guy that were open.

We should have just thrown the ball deep if it got INT it would have been better than giving SD great field positioning.

Terrible play calling and special teams, no backup long-snapper, over-use of D-Mac, and no real vertical threat killed this game. We need Condo to be okay and D-Moe and Ford to come back pronto.

Palmer sucks? He had an undrafted rookie starting at WR and Knapp was calling plays that didn't extend past 10 yards and didn't allow Carson to test his arm, outside of 2 or 3 plays. He had a decent game and threw for a nice passer rating (compared to what we've seen from him with us at least). I think 70% completions+basically 300 yards and no picks is a fine start for Palmer, I'd rather have that then 350 yards and 3 picks. Were there a couple bad throws? Yes, but it's Carson ******g Palmer not Tom Brady. Wait for Moore and Ford to get back, that way he won't be forcing short passes to DMC to make plays. I do think he could've went after DHB a little more though. The real issue is our DB's and penetration on the pass rush.

The offensive game plan was just horrible. Without Moore and Ford you would of thought they would of used Marcel Reece.

Looks like Bartell can be out up to 6 weeks, not that he looked great when playing yesterday. Our DB situation is so ******.

How did I know people would blame this on Palmer?

You should've seen the dumb *** fans at the game yesterday yelling "**** Palmer start Pryor!"

I love the Nation but after working at a Raider Image for awhile and having season tickets for 5 years I understand why everyone hates us.

Last edited:
The Gregg Knapp vertical game is a 10 yard pass to the flat

Palmer missed some throws which is expected but his decision making with the plays they were running were on point. He almost threw a pick in the endzone but other than that no turn overs from him which was the problem in the pre-season. Greg Knapp keeps dialing up these dumb plays. Take more chances...This fool was living the days of when he had Garcia, Owens and Hearst.

You have vertical speed and a vertical arm and DMC now Knapp. Adjust. Damn.

Back
Top Bottom