Oakland RAIDERS Season Thread

You should've seen the dumb *** fans at the game yesterday yelling "**** Palmer start Pryor!"
I love the Nation but after working at a Raider Image for awhile and having season tickets for 5 years I understand why everyone hates us.

Which one do you work at?

I somewhat agree with the whole yelling **** Palmer start Pryor...serious? In just week one?

As if Pryor was going to be given a different set of plays to run. If they went that conservative with Palmer imagine what they'd do with Pryor...Goodness gracious.

I also noticed that when Palmer did have time to look deep his receivers were not open.

Depresses me that this happened on national television with infield dirt showing...Couldn't even have the end zones painted for the love of....:smh:

Deep breath.....On to Miami

I used to work at the Fairfield Raider Image, just stopped a couple months ago. I realize every fanbase has its idiots (we see plenty of SF ones here), it just seems more apparent to me with ours and we seem to take it to the extreme. Last night after the game everyone was dumping large loads of trash into the Coliseum parking lot and throwing glass bottles to the ground where cars have to drive to leave and ****. These same people want a new stadium but don't know how to treat the one they already have.

Travis had no experience since High School. I'm surprised our Backup Center didn't get used for LS.

They better start using Marcel if you're going to pay the man.

Barnes :stoneface:

Last edited:
Goethel could've at least been practicing long snaps on the sideline, especially after ******g up the first time. Condo is a pro bowl long snapper but he still long snaps constantly on the sideline during games.

I'm cool off Raider football for awhile. I have NO IDEA why I had hope for this team this year. Different year. Same ****. We are the same ol' goddamn Raiders. Just embarrassing. I was so happy to see a legitimate NFL defense for the Raiders only to be let down by the offense, immensely. One year, the offense is amazing...Top 10 even, but the defense is historically bad. Defense good, offense sucks. Offense good, defense sucks. Obviously it takes time to build a contender, but it feels like we've been "rebuilding", "reloading" forever. And it's not even the fact we lost...it's how we lose that's flat out unacceptable. I don't even want to hear about injuries. Every team has injuries. Hell, the Steelers can't keep a healthy o-line, but they're always in it, perennial contenders. The goddamn Texans were a few plays away from being in the AFC Championship game with all their injuries. At this point, it's really time to rebuild. Carson played well last night, everything considered, but he's not the answer. McFadden can only do so much as the season's wear and tear takes its toll on his body. Our receivers are terry cloth soft. Makeshift o-linemen. Oh and we have ZERO depth. One guy gets hurt and the entire game goes to hell? Wow. It's like a house of cards...built on quicksand. It's only a matter of time before it all collapses. At this point, I'm ready to enter those Barkley sweepstakes. I don't think ya'll understand. This **** affects my personal life man :lol: I don't even answer phone calls when the team performs like that. Nationally Televised game and this is what we have to represent Oakland. We couldn't win the division if we were the only team in it. The City deserves better. The fans deserve better.

I'm 24 years old and I'm pretty sure I'll never see the Raiders hoist the Lombardi Trophy. **** hurts man.

/rant

Last edited:
It's week 1 bruh. Relax. I'm not a Gregg Knapp fan either but I'll give him til at least week 8.

It's games like these that make me :x having others watch us make stupid mistakes. The Dolphins game is a must win because week 3 and 4 are going to be tough.

Say what you will about Hue Jackson, but the dude knew how to maximize the potential of the offense. It's the reason why D-Mac looked like the best back in the league last year before being hurt, D-Moe was one of the best lookin rookies out there, Marcel Reece was the most versatile FB in the league, and DHB had a 1,000 yard year receiving. Here's why things are looking terrible this year:

• Palmer clearly doesn't trust DHB, DHB doesn't run the routes that made him successful last year (comebacks/hitches), Marcel is devastatingly underused, and D-mac (or maybe our O-line) doesn't succeed in the ZBS and is overused and will end up hurt in this offense.
  • One of the most successful plays we ran for the last 2 years is the screen pass to McFadden in terms of yards gained and in order to keep the pass rush at bey. We didn't run even 1 screen last night. Not 1.
  • Plamer likes throwing the ball to Moore, Ford, and D-Mac, and the first 2 are hurt a lot so it will kill our offense by putting too much pressure on D-Mac.
  • I have no problem saying right now that unless something changes, DHB and, to an extent, D-mac will have under-whelming years, particularly DHB. Just as he was beginning to become a chain mover last year.
  • The problem is that it's too late to switch to a power scheme, and the players on this offense were not built to be chain movers other than DHB and Streeter (maybe Criner); and Palmer has yet to develop rapport with either.
  • This offense is built to be explosive. Hue Jackson did some stupid ****, but he knew how to get the ball in the hands of the biggest play-makers on the team in space with misdirection, reverses, screens, and bombs.

This sucks too, just as our D is starting to actually look improved. The Chargers basically took three muffed/blocked punts, a starting field position of the Raiders 47 in the second half, and 1 TD on a drive which was extended by 2 offsides penalties, and still only managed 22 points. Either their offense is awful, which its not when Rivers has that much time, or our defense is actually decent.

6 Penalties so far this season from 10 a game last year. I didn't have high expectations for this team. Hopefully they can improve. We got Miami and they liked just as bad as we do

It's week 1 bruh. Relax. I'm not a Gregg Knapp fan either but I'll give him til at least week 8.

I'd love to sit back and say it's only Week 1, we'll be fine. But I've seen this movie before and I know how it ends. Losing record, another high *** draft pick, no playoffs, etc...

If I'm wrong, I'll say I'm wrong. Oh and Taiwan Jones needs to find a nice little spot on the bench. Permanently.

Jacoby is getting surgery, will be out for a significant amount of time :smh:

Time to guess who we go after. Chad, TO or Plax? DA basically said we're gonna replace the hole Jacoby is leaving. When asked about Chad, DA said he wouldn't specify names.

With Bartell out do we go after Andre Goodman :smile:x ) or someone?

Last edited:
Jacoby is getting surgery, will be out for a significant amount of time :smh:
Time to guess who we go after. Chad, TO or Plax? DA basically said we're gonna replace the hole Jacoby is leaving. When asked about Chad, DA said he wouldn't specify names.
With Bartell out do we go after Andre Goodman :smile:x ) or someone?

If it were up to those 3. I'd go with TO. at least he can turn those 3 yard routes Knapp loves into something....welll...he used to. lol. We'll see.... Sucks about Ford. Still have hope.

as a Raiders fan, I'd normally say it's just the first game and let it pass as we get used to [another] new coach.

this time however, I feel like this are more complacent. Got players laughing on the sidelines at their own penalties, Palmer looking really confused out there but still performed alright.

I hope that all they did today was run suicides and stairs all day today cause yesterday was embarrassing :smh:

photosweb12s-1-web.jpg

the white dude is my cousins brother in law

photosweb12s-4-web.jpg

the chick is his girl

:rofl:

Man I saw all that from my seat in the third deck, it was a nice diversion from the game. One of those cops got hit with some mean hooks though :x

And AG, gotta be patient man. I'm just a little younger than you but I've been riding with this team for the longest, and I know how you're feeling about the losing, but don't lose hope yet. Reggie is going to need more than a severely handicapped offseason to transform this team and Allen isn't going to turn chicken **** into chicken salad. The division is still wide open and we can still improve, but if we don't then we'll have to learn to deal with it. It's the life of a sports fan, man: waiting and waiting for the one opportunity to be great.

I drove up there from LA, and was very disappointed in the play calling. We didn't run the ball the way we should have. In my opinion they had too many plays ran for that rookie that fumbled twice in the first half.

I'm not even going to start with the special teams... :smh:

"supposedly" his brother in law won. But its kinda like Dazed and Confused...it's the first punch that everyone remembers.

We're thinking of getting some shirts made with that pic of him on the front and that pic of her on the back.

Back
Top Bottom