Oakland RAIDERS Season Thread

I've said it before but Denarius is/was the most polished rookie wide out I've ever seen.

The combination of acquired technical skill and innate playmaking ability, unmatched.

Last edited:
I'm sure it's tough being a Chief's fan right now but we got enough problems of our own at the moment
laugh.gif
lmao...

I've said it before but Denarius is/was the most polished rookie wide out I've ever seen.

The combination of acquired technical skill and innate playmaking ability, unmatched.

I really thought Criner was going to have a Denarius-like breakout rookie season :smh:

Andre Carter to debut this weekend.

http://www.contracostatimes.com/raiders/ci_21759892/oakland-raiders-andre-carter-looks-at-pass-rush

Oakland Raiders' Andre Carter looks at pass rush as team thing

By Jerry McDonald jmcdonald@bayareanewsgroup.com
Posted: 10/12/2012 01:20:27 PM PDT

ALAMEDA -- Chances are Andre Carter will get a chance to upgrade the Raiders pass rush Sunday, but he doesn't look at it as if he's a mercenary hired to take out Atlanta quarterback Matt Ryan.
Rather, Carter sees his contribution as blending in with the group and generating pressure through interaction with his teammates on the defensive line.
``It's definitely about winning your matchup, but at the same time we have to figure out a way to work together,'' Carter said. ``We're communicating a lot more, we have to make sure we're in synch and just go.
``You need to know where the quarterback is going to be. Is he seven yards deep? Nine yards deep? Is he a pocket passer? Good defensive linemen that know how to pass rush, that's what they study.''
It was Carter's cerebral approach, as well as 76 career sacks, that appealed to a Raiders team looking to bolster a pass rush which has just three sacks in four games. General manager Reggie McKenzie has bypassed other 30-something unrestricted free agents.
With Carter, and the influence he could have both in terms of skill and knowledge, the Raiders were willing to make an exception.
Defensive coordinator Jason Tarver said Carter helps in two ways -- having someone to compete with sharpens the group, and his depth of knowledge in terms of pass rush techniques can be relayed to teammates.
Ryan, the NFL's second-ranked passer, threw 52 passes in last week's 24-17 win over
Washington and was sacked once. Seven of the 12 sacks against Ryan came the previous week in a 30-28 win over Carolina.
Raiders coach Dennis Allen wouldn't commit to Carter being active but hoped he would be ready to be a rotational player on the defensive front. Carter spent some time going through drills with the first team Friday.
Carter had his first padded practice Wednesday since last season, when he had 11 sacks for the New England Patriots before a torn quadriceps in Week 16 ended his season.
``I felt like a new kid in school,'' Carter said. ``It's all great. I felt like I haven't lost a step.''
With Denarius Moore having played five games and Darrius Heyward-Bey scheduled to start after coming off a concussion on Sept. 23, quarterback Carson Palmer will have both of his starting wide receivers available and at something approaching full strength.
Heyward-Bey has earned rave practice reviews and the hope is he'll show no ill effects from the blow from Ryan Mundy which knocked him unconscious.
``That's a tough deal any player's got to go through when you take a big hit like that, but he's taken a couple of hits in practice this week and he's bounced right back,'' offensive coordinator Greg Knapp said. ``I'm feeling confident he'll be fine.''
Defensive tackle Tommy Kelly returned to practice Friday after missing Thursday with a foot injury. Also not practicing as warm-ups and drills began were cornerback Shawntae Spencer (foot), right tackle Khalif Barnes (groin) and tight end Richard Gordon (hamstring), all of whom could be declared ``out'' later Friday.

As long as we keep running the zone blocking scheme we will continue to lose.
McFadden wants power blocking.

McFadden should be able to thrive with whatever system we're running, it's ridiculous. He's obviously a top back in the NFL, his skills are apparent despite his injury history. Now that he isn't injured he should be capitalizing on some great runs for a big contract this offseason, but he hasn't gotten it going for one reason or another.

To me, it seems like McFadden's gotten it into his head that he needs to play safe, in order to protect himself for a future deal and to stay on the field. This is the wrong way to go. McFadden is at his best when he is punishing tacklers for that extra yard, not when he's running out of bounds or falling early. It's taking away his explosiveness and keeping him constantly wondering when he should take a down. He needs to be willing to press as hard as he can and simply hope for the best.

And you guys still defend Carson :lol: :smh:

Yup, because there is nothing on the roster that looks like a starting QB compared to Carson. Besides, with so much invested in him, what else is there to do but get behind him.

He is at fault for that loss and I'm sure that there are other factors we could look for as well. The "bright" spot I saw was there was far more drop back I KNOW Bengals CP would of just forced that in there(sort of what Jay Cutler does now.) but instead took the check down.

That damn pick 6 looked like a Madden play lol.

At this point I'm just hoping that I get to watch the Jags game on TV. Did however, pick up a 3 game package. I'll be at the Browns, Broncos, and Chiefs game.

Again, great job to the Defense today. Let's see if they can get both sides of the ball running in the next game.

Defense was awesome today, outside of the pick 6 Carson was fine (though I only got to watch the 2nd half). I still don't really see what the issue is with him, Campbell wasn't going to do anything more for us than Carson can.

Defense was awesome today, outside of the pick 6 Carson was fine (though I only got to watch the 2nd half). I still don't really see what the issue is with him, Campbell wasn't going to do anything more for us than Carson can.

Given the way Hue was running the team, Campbell was exactly what we needed. He kept the chains moving, made enough plays to be valuable and served generally as a complimentary piece to the offense than anything else. Of course, you'd like your quarterback to be better than complimentary, but with McFadden and Bush doing their part in the run game, not much more was needed.

Given the way Hue was running the team, Campbell was exactly what we needed. He kept the chains moving, made enough plays to be valuable and served generally as a complimentary piece to the offense than anything else. Of course, you'd like your quarterback to be better than complimentary, but with McFadden and Bush doing their part in the run game, not much more was needed.

I don't know man teams don't really get far with complimentary QB's unless they have a dominant defense backing them up

I don't know man teams don't really get far with complimentary QB's unless they have a dominant defense backing them up

Yeah, offensively I thought the team was fine and would be able to make the playoffs given that everyone stayed healthy. You're right about the defense, though. We wouldn't have gotten far without a serious defense, which never would have happened as long as Al Davis was molding the defense as he saw fit. Now we have the opportunity to see a legitimate defense in Oakland.

Davis reiterates Raiders' desire to stay in East Bay

The Raiders need a new stadium to replace the antiquated O.co Coliseum and owner Mark Davis reiterated Tuesday to the NFL Network his desire to build on the current site of the 46-year-old stadium the Raiders share with the A's. Or at a different site in the East Bay in Dublin.
And Davis added that he has no desire in sharing the 49ers' new 68,500-seat stadium in Santa Clara.

"I give the 49ers all the credit in the world for getting a shovel in the ground in California," Davis said at the NFL Fall Meeting in Chicago. "That's phenomenal. But we're trying to get our situation right. It's not easy to do."

Per NFL.com, Davis said the Coliseum, the lone shared NFL/MLB stadium, "poses problems when it comes to repairs and upgrades and the sightlines for football are 'absolutely terrible.'"

Commissioner Roger Goodell spoke of the Raiders' stadium issues at the meetings as well.

"I was out there late last fall and met with some of the officials," Goodell said at his

media conference. "Our staff was with the Raiders and meeting with the Oakland officials recently. I think there is a very strong recognition that they need a new stadium. That is going to be something they are going to have to have in that community to be successful going forward. Everyone is working toward trying to figure out a way to do that.
"They are complicated projects. They have not only financing challenges, but how you do it in the context of the overall development and priorities of the community. Mark (Davis) is committed to try and find those solutions in Oakland. But it takes a lot of work. We all know we have to continue to focus to find those solutions."

Man I hope it happens. The spot over in Dublin he's talking about is walking distance to BART as well. Not sure how new stadiums do to the price of houses but I have a friend that owns a Condo right across the street where Mark Davis is thinking of and those values PLUMMETED.

Kinda funny that Santa Rita jail is just but 5 minutes away from it too lol. Just adds to the lure.

Anyhow, since the Warriors are for sure Gone...and the A's are actively looking for a spot. I'd say either demolish O.Co and build OR demolish Oracle and build 2 stadiums. Doubt the latter would happen though.

Aaron Curry back at practice means even less snaps for Rolando. D looked much improved with him sitting the majority of the game.

Who should get the next Oakland stadium?

When the Coliseum complex was designed in 1960, community leaders saw it as a magnet to lure professional sports franchises, in helping build a unique identity for the East Bay. By 1966, the Raiders had moved in. Two years later the A's relocated out west. And once the nomadic Warriors finally settled into the arena, it was a full house, and a mission accomplished beside the freshly paved Nimitz freeway.
Coincidentally; here we are more than 40 years later, traffic on 880 is terrible, and all 3 teams are desperately planning their exit. The Warriors are clearly inspired to change area codes, but for the A's and Raiders, it's the primary need to replace an outdated facility. When you consider other multi-purpose stadiums of the same era, the Coliseum has outlasted all, and enjoyed a successful lifespan as the final remaining NFL-MLB venue.

Shea Stadium: Opened 1964 - Closed 2008
Atlanta Fulton County Stadium: Opened 1965 - Closed 1997
Astrodome: Opened 1965 - Closed 1999
Oakland Coliseum: Opened 1966
Busch Memorial Stadium: Opened 1966 - Closed 2005
Riverfront Stadium: Opened 1970 - Closed 2002
Three Rivers Stadium: Opened 1970 - Closed 2000
Veterans Stadium: Opened 1971 - Closed 2003
Kingdome: Opened 1976 - Closed 2000

At this week's NFL Fall Meeting in Chicago, Raiders Owner Mark Davis didn't hold back, calling the Coliseum's sightlines "absolutely terrible" for football and deeming the building beyond renovation. With exception to the the newer "Mount Davis" portion, there's not a whole lot of argument from me or anyone else on these points.

NFL Commissioner Roger Goodell backed this up by saying: "I think there is a very strong recognition that they need a new stadium. That's going to be something they have to have in that community to be successful going forward." Sure was nice of the Commissioner to gain attention and grease some wheels at the political level. And again, I don't think you'll find too many folks in the 510, 707 or 925 who disagree.

But herein lies the hypothetical question: if the City of Oakland is realistically only able to handle one stadium project at a time, who should get the priority... the A's or Raiders?

The seniority card goes to the Raiders for being in Oakland first... but is probably taken away for the dozen years they left for Los Angeles.

The inconvenience card definitely goes to the A's in dealing with the 1996 monstrosity of concrete that still lives beyond their outfield fence.

The logistics card goes to the A's who would utilize a new venue approximately 71 more times per year than their football counterparts.

Anyone can understand and respect the Raiders position, as they begin to wave a flag and get minds thinking about a new football venue. But the simultaneous nature of these needs should favor the A's. They have been gracious in sharing a home the majority of their Oakland existence, and deserve the first attention city government can give.

Who do you think should get Oakland's next stadium?

Eff it...Be revolutionary and just make the most state of the art stadium that can house both teams. Tear down O.co and Oracle and build a straight up monster.

Find some engineer and architects and make a stadium so that the A's can play and then the stadium easily transforms so the Raiders can play. Maybe something along the lines of what they have in Arizona? Where the field slides in and out of the stadium.

Find some engineer and architects and make a stadium so that the A's can play and then the stadium easily transforms so the Raiders can play.

My body is ready :smokin

Got a one day extension to sell out so they don't get blacked out. I would go but just bought a 3 game pack. Hope I don't have to stream this one. I got a good feeling.

Let the Raiders come back to LA. There's no way Dublin happens, to me that is the same thing as the A's wanting to build in Fremont: the community isn't going to stand for the stadium.

Back
Top Bottom