Off-White x Air Jordan Thread - Rest In Peace Virgil Abloh

I had no problem passing on the Muslin/Sail 4s, as I’m personally not a fan of the color, but all the pictures are really making me hope the Black Cements actually release. I’ve passed on all OW x Nike/Jordan’s, as I haven’t really liked the aesthetics of any of them (the Black Metallic 5s are my favorite pair, but even the holes are weird on those), but the Black Cement 4s are amazing IMO. Those will be my first OW, if they indeed drop and look like the version we all want.

I thought Virgil unofficially confirm the Bred 4's. The pack is known as His & Hers, with the hers being these Womens Sails and the mens being the Bred 4's. I mean the bred OW 4 definitely exist because they were in his OW exhibit in museums.

I had no problem passing on the Muslin/Sail 4s, as I’m personally not a fan of the color, but all the pictures are really making me hope the Black Cements actually release. I’ve passed on all OW x Nike/Jordan’s, as I haven’t really liked the aesthetics of any of them (the Black Metallic 5s are my favorite pair, but even the holes are weird on those), but the Black Cement 4s are amazing IMO. Those will be my first OW, if they indeed drop and look like the version we all want.

I agree. I like the look of the shoe but sail is getting played out. I got the all sail air Jordan 1s, I got the white denim Levi’s which looks almost sail color, the sail travis Scott air force 1s (which reminds me I gotta wear those) so these to me weren’t the effort with the hype of off white releases.

with that said, those bred off whites will be had at any and all cost. Every measure and counter measure of my considerable power will be spent acquiring that shoe. I like the clear wings, the grey fore foot paneling and the clear Nike air pull tab. A must.

The sail is plain but like nothing we have seen before for the 4s in terms of CW. It wouldve stood out more if he did more deconstruction to it. IMO it doesnt look like an OW shoe. The bred OW is too similar to the og version. Its like he just changed the color on a few panels, slapped AIR on the side and thats it.

Not to disagree with you, I get that some people view the 4's as not deconstructed enough and I also share similar opinion. But if you look at some of the other Nike OW, theres some that barely got any face lift (i.e. Vapormax, Zoomfly,). The only thing deconstructed on these 4's is the ankle padding and tongue

The sail is plain but like nothing we have seen before for the 4s in terms of CW. It wouldve stood out more if he did more deconstruction to it. IMO it doesnt look like an OW shoe. The bred OW is too similar to the og version. Its like he just changed the color on a few panels, slapped AIR on the side and thats it.

someone posted their pair a page back with the other 4s with them and seeing that made me more okay with not having them because of how ordinary they look to regular 4s.

i know they’re obviously not and are deconstructed and more apparent in hand, and i still think they turned out great, but more could have definitely been done to make them stand out

Not to disagree with you, I get that some people view the 4's as not deconstructed enough and I also share similar opinion. But if you look at some of the other Nike OW, theres some that barely got any face lift (i.e. Vapormax, Zoomfly,). The only thing deconstructed on these 4's is the ankle padding and tongue
Youre right and that might be why those models are not more popular. (I have the OG Ten VM - I think theyre dope). Might be played but I want to see that OW print on the inner side of the shoe, stitching, off white hang tag, etc. The OW1 set a huge bar for other models to follow in terms of detail.

Last edited:
Man i have a feeling this is an indirect result of the bots on the financial side. The bot users more than likely use the same institutions as the rest of us or their institution use the same processing company for card transactions which is hurting the legit collectors. They are able to create several digital cards on 1 legit account so each bot can have a card. As their bot slams the systems with 100s of purchases, your one purchase is being wait listed to process.

While you are waiting someone purchase going through while you are waiting for approval your institution. All of this is happening in seconds. so multiply your transaction by 500,000k. More than likely it is easier for our institution to decline our transaction and nike is like sorry man your bank is not picking up get back inline. All the while inventory is being eaten up.

How big are their credit limits because you should get flagged if multiple attempts at a purchase are going through at once.

As far as bots, I don't have the energy to complain about them anymore. The ability to purchase has been heavily titled in the favor of those who employ these programs. Nike NYC (21M, Soho and 5th Avenue) aren't open. KITH eliminated their raffles under the guise of a FCFS online. EB and Concepts get down in their own way as well. All I can do as a consumer is not feed into resellers once I miss out.

I actually like the level of “deconstruction” on the 4s. I’m not a fan of most of the OW stuff, especially the 1s (I know that’s sacrilegious for some), because of how deconstructed they look. I’m personally not a fan of my shoes looking like they were torn apart, and stitched back together with random thread via a sewing machine. The 5s (minus the holes IMO) and the 4s look just like their normal counterparts, but with unique materials on the various panels, wings, and tabs. Therefore, I especially like the 4s. The sail shade on the Sail/Muslins is just too eggshell and/yellowish to me. If it was more of a usual off white or sail shade (like the Sail Jordan 1), I would’ve been more into them. That’s why I LOVE the rumored Black Cement pair. They look a lot like the already dope Black Cement 4s, but with different materials, clear/plastic panels in all the right spots, and basically in the same colorway and color blocking that’s already dope. I can’t WAIT for those things to drop.

How big are their credit limits because you should get flagged if multiple attempts at a purchase are going through at once.

As far as bots, I don't have the energy to complain about them anymore. The ability to purchase has been heavily titled in the favor of those who employ these programs. Nike NYC (21M, Soho and 5th Avenue) aren't open. KITH eliminated their raffles under the guise of a FCFS online. EB and Concepts get down in their own way as well. All I can do as a consumer is not feed into resellers once I miss out.
The bot users are very sophisticated. They use services (some banks will create one for you) that will generate a unique credit card number for the user. Some services will generated an unlimited amount and will allow you have to have 10 active at a time. There is no limit to how many credit cards you have so they can have many accounts. The true limit is the amount of credit on their main card. These guys have long credit. The bots will keep buying to the credit limit is reached.

They dont have to have even watch the bot they can just have it monitor a site on restock and auto purchase. I always wonder why on a restock its pain to purchase a shoe. Their bots are going 24/7 knocking down these shoe company sites.

As you are saying its pointless talking about bots. the one thing that will stop bot users is profitability. If there is no resale on a shoe they wont go after it. Hype shoes will always be profitable. Lately it was getting ridiculous when GR shoes were selling out. For the bot users they lucked up on a perfect storm. Many people at home shopping online so almost every shoe is going to sell out. And the sad thing many bot users have infiltrated other sectors such precious metal collecting, funkos, and other markets.

The bot users are very sophisticated. They use services (some banks will create one for you) that will generate a unique credit card number for the user. Some services will generated an unlimited amount and will allow you have to have 10 active at a time. There is no limit to how many credit cards you have so they can have many accounts. The true limit is the amount of credit on their main card. These guys have long credit. The bots will keep buying to the credit limit is reached.

They dont have to have even watch the bot they can just have it monitor a site on restock and auto purchase. I always wonder why on a restock its pain to purchase a shoe. Their bots are going 24/7 knocking down these shoe company sites.

As you are saying its pointless talking about bots. the one thing that will stop bot users is profitability. If there is no resale on a shoe they wont go after it. Hype shoes will always be profitable. Lately it was getting ridiculous when GR shoes were selling out. For the bot users they lucked up on a perfect storm. Many people at home shopping online so almost every shoe is going to sell out. And the sad thing many bot users have infiltrated other sectors such precious metal collecting, funkos, and other markets.

That first tidbit is interesting. No wonder consumer debt is out of control.

Yeah, sneakers wasn't even the real money for botters this spring/summer. It was everything that made staying home bearable. Especially since people had extra money to spend. Notable examples Nintendo Switches, which retail for $300 being sold easily for 2x that, Web-cams, Printers and ink to corner the market on people working from home. That's where paper came from for the botters.

Yeah, sneakers wasn't even the real money for botters this spring/summer. It was everything that made staying home bearable. Especially since people had extra money to spend. Notable examples Nintendo Switches, which retail for $300 being sold easily for 2x that, Web-cams, Printers and ink to corner the market on people working from home. That's where paper came from for the botters.

Workout equipment was being flipped as well. Hope people got stuck with those weights and dumbbells.

Workout equipment was being flipped as well. Hope people got stuck with those weights and dumbbells.
Man It might time to do the unthinkable. The sneaker reseller market might have to be turned into uncle sam. These guys are a business and I am sure many are not paying taxes on their inventory. They should be paying a capital gains tax automatically along with income tax for their respective states. If the feds were to come look at the books for goat, stockx, stadium and others and see who the sellers and find out they havent gotten their cut game over. I am sure there would be a ton of restocks after a ton of inventory was returned back to nike and various footsites, when resellers find out the owe the taxman heavy.

Man It might time to do the unthinkable. The sneaker reseller market might have to be turned into uncle sam. These guys are a business and I am sure many are not paying taxes on their inventory. They should be paying a capital gains tax automatically along with income tax for their respective states. If the feds were to come look at the books for goat, stockx, stadium and others and see who the sellers and find out they havent gotten their cut game over. I am sure there would be a ton of restocks after a ton of inventory was returned back to nike and various footsites, when resellers find out the owe the taxman heavy.

They are taxed. If you move a certain amount of product, the vendor you facilitate payments through sends you IRS paperwork. I think the amount is 10K. Someone correct me if I'm wrong.

They are taxed. If you move a certain amount of product, the vendor you facilitate payments through sends you IRS paperwork. I think the amount is 10K. Someone correct me if I'm wrong.
They are automatically reported once they either have 200 transactions or 20k in sales. In this reseller market that is easy to hit. They are now a business. Once you considered a business they have to report capital assets. All these pictures of cats sitting on hundreds of pair of shoes would be different if they had to report it as an asset. you have to let them know I bought this shoe in 2020 for 200 and now have to remember any years from now I have to report this sale down the line.

Example I am reseller I have 10 pair of ow4 and sit on them for 2 years. Hypothetically resale is going for 1500. So now I have a total of 15k of assets. I still have current stock so I need to move them under the radar in 2022. I would try do straight cash sales. Now here comes the problem for those try to do under the radar. I had to document I had those shoes in 2020 now I could lie and still report as having them or not report them. If you dont report them that sends red flags. Now someone could say according to our records you are sitting several hundreds of shoes in a cramped apartment we need proof of your inventory. The reseller can be legal but I rather it be highly inconvenient so I can get what I want for retail.

You know what just make bots for shoe buying illegal. the govement passed ironically the BOTS act

Better Online Ticket Sales Act of 2016 or the BOTS Act of 2016
(Sec. 2) This bill prohibits the circumvention of a security measure, access control system, or other technological measure on an Internet website or online service of a ticket issuer that is used to enforce posted event ticket purchasing limits or to maintain the integrity of posted online ticket purchasing order rules for a public event with an attendance capacity exceeding 200 persons.

The bill also prohibits the sale of or offers to sell an event ticket in interstate commerce obtained through such a circumvention violation if the seller participated in, had the ability to control, or should have known about the violation.

All of us taking these L due to bots need contact our congressman and tell them update the bots act to include other markets besides tickets.

Back
Top Bottom