Offical 2009-10 NBA Season Thread

I thought Vince was dead? 
eek.gif

If this Vince shows up for the playoffs.........

Originally Posted by Al3xis

It's not his jump shooting, really...He can't finish near the rim...at all.

That's a problem, and something someone like AI could do at birth.
Son I'll never understand why you hate dude so much...Dude isn't AI but I think he actually could be a legit PG with time.  Kid is 20 years old man, by all accounts he is having a pretty good rookie year imo, especially considering most people didn't even think he would come in and really play right away.  His speed is really only matched by a couple guys in the league, and I believe his jumper will develop in time.  I see a lot of Tony Parker in him.

This is the Vince the Magic expected to have this season. Hopefully he can keep up this kind of intensity on the 2nd half of the season.

I wonder if a Cavs fan is going to make a thread about VC's big night, or do they only watch when other teams do poorly?

Mo Pete and Posey give up 34 second half points to Vince, and they have the lack of pride to congratulate him after the game.

How do you hug a dude that just raped you for half an hour?

Originally Posted by airmaxpenny1

Son I'll never understand why you hate dude so much...Dude isn't AI but I think he actually could be a legit PG with time.  Kid is 20 years old man, by all accounts he is having a pretty good rookie year imo, especially considering most people didn't even think he would come in and really play right away.  His speed is really only matched by a couple guys in the league, and I believe his jumper will develop in time.  I see a lot of Tony Parker in him.
agreed, lebron and AI werent averaging high Fieldgoal percentages their rookie seasons either...Lebron at 41% fg...29% from 3, and Ai at 41% 34 from 3

BJ right now is 38% fg, and 38 from 3

17 3 and 6 are nice numbers for a rookie point guard....rookie point guards never shoot at a high percentage any way..westbrook shot 39%

Originally Posted by Kiddin Like Jason

Mo Pete and Posey give up 34 second half points to Vince, and they have the lack of pride to congratulate him after the game.

How do you hug a dude that just raped you for half an hour?
Its called sportsmanship.
smh.gif
smh.gif

and Allen just hates BJ, theres no point in arguing with him.

Originally Posted by imINchucks5

agreed, lebron and AI werent averaging high Fieldgoal percentages their rookie seasons either...Lebron at 41% fg...29% from 3, and Ai at 41% 34 from 3

17 3 and 6 are nice numbers for a rookie point guard....rookie point guards never shoot at a high percentage any way..westbrook shot 39%

Great point.  Allen, would you have been happy with Westbrook on the Knicks?  I bet you would. 

Originally Posted by imINchucks5

and Rose shot 47%.....

Amar'e Stoudemire trade scenarios still plausible for Suns

On this final march to the Feb. 18 NBA trade deadline, there is no imminent Amar'e Stoudemire trade, but a deal with major franchise implications remains quite possible.

The Suns' most frequently mentioned potential trade partners are Cleveland and Philadelphia.

A trade prospect with Cleveland combines a financial windfall and a young, promising power forward replacement in J.J. Hickson, whom the Suns liked in the 2008 draft when they tabbed center Robin Lopez. Phoenix would stand to save several million dollars in a deal involving center Zydrunas Ilgauskas, who received most of his salary up front and could be bought out to move Phoenix toward the possibility of being a luxury tax recipient rather than payer.

Possibilities with Philadelphia could be stronger with two fronts, a deal between bringing in swingman Andre Iguodala for Stoudemire with perhaps young power forward Marreese Speights or a three-way deal involving Detroit with Pistons guard Ben Gordon winding up in Philadelphia and the Suns getting Iguodala and Detroit power forward Chris Wilcox. The rub with Iguodala, a 26-year-old former Arizona star, is inheriting a contract that will pay him $56.5 million over the next four seasons.

Stoudemire's declaration that he is leaning toward picking up next season's $17.7 million option also has muddied the trade waters for teams who like him as an expiring deal.

The Suns have not been interested in other teams' inquiries about Lopez.

"We've shown that we're a good team," guard Steve Nash said. "We've shown glimpses that we can be a really good team. It'd be nice to continue to work at it together."

All I know is that Jennings is a big reason why that team is in playoff contention...even in a horrible Eastern conference. On paper they should have the Nets record.

Originally Posted by Kiddin Like Jason

It's not a great point at all. Westbrook is just a better player than Jennings.

And he's a terrible shooter always.

So Jennings can never get close to what Westbrook is doing then?  Why is that? 

Rj deal is like the shaq one tho, both teams got them for nothing so can't complain to much. I still can't figure out why he doesn't fit.

And all around game wise Bj will never be as good as russy but he could become a better scorer then him

Certainly Russ is more athletic then BJ, but if 17 and 6 is gonna be his low season, Allen sellin me the Knicks wouldn't take that?  And in D'Antoni's offense to boot?  Come on. 

He gets that % to 43-44 percent, gets to 20 a game and gets 7-8 dimes he could..........he could be Marbury.......Ok, let me re-think this. Hold up. 
laugh.gif

Steph Curry is damn good. So is Monta. One of them has to go tho. Can't keep playing two 6'3 dudes in the backcourt.

Originally Posted by CP1708

That Richard Jefferson deal really workin out well.

You ain't lying.

On paper the trade look like it would be the shot in the arm the Spurs needed to get them back in the title picture.

Spurs couldn't beat the Bryantless and Bynumless Lakers, there days as title contenders are definitely over.

Back
Top Bottom