Offical 2009-10 NBA Season Thread

Originally Posted by I NaSmatic I

Amare has had differences with Joe Johnson and Shawn Marion in the locker room.

It's one reason why both are not with the Suns right now.
Uh huh...

And Shawn is gone but we're still hearing rumors about issues in that locker room since they started nose diving...

laugh.gif
i was looking up Josh Smith's stats..... and the guy has taken 3 threes all year, 3!
laugh.gif

Here are his 3 point make/attempts over his career, seems like Woodson must have taken away his green light
laugh.gif

[table][tr][/tr][tr][td]YR[/td][td]     TM[/td][td]       3P 
[/td][td]3P%[/td][/tr][/table][table][tr][/tr][tr][td]04-05[/td][td]ATL[/td][td]4-23[/td][td].174[/td][/tr][tr][td]05-06[/td][td]ATL[/td][td]34-110[/td][td].309[/td][/tr][tr][td]06-07[/td][td]ATL[/td][td]38-152[/td][td].250[/td][/tr][tr][td]07-08[/td][td]ATL[/td][td]25-99[/td][td].253[/td][/tr][tr][td]08-09[/td][td]ATL[/td][td]26-87[/td][td].299[/td][/tr][tr][td]09-10[/td][td]ATL[/td][td]0-3[/td][td].000[/td][/tr][/table]

Originally Posted by Nowitness41Dirk

Originally Posted by I NaSmatic I

Amare has had differences with Joe Johnson and Shawn Marion in the locker room.

It's one reason why both are not with the Suns right now.
Uh huh...

And Shawn is gone but we're still hearing rumors about issues in that locker room since they started nose diving...
Mavericks have had no complaints about Marion, and Marion has had no complaint about us.

And about the Spurs... Blair STILL got 9 rebounds with TD getting 27.
roll.gif

[Edit: membership under review for name calling]

And what a shock the 2 players that wanted big roles with the suns but couldn't because Amare was there had a proble
with him

ATL getting blown out gave me plenty of reason to watch the SOTU instead.

Duncan drubbing the young cats still...

Media around here starting to grumble about Lamarcus now.......

Mike, why you defend Amare so much?  You think that dude is a difference maker? 

I just saw last night's Top 10 plays, and I would just like to say that Terrence Williams gets UP. Why is he not in the dunk contest? Maybe because he's on the Nets haha.

http://[h3]
[h3]Pistons want to move Hamilton[/h3]
10:00AM ET

[h5]Richard Hamilton | Pistons [/h5]

A source tells AOL FanHouse that the Pistons are committed to trading Richard "Rip" Hamilton. If they can't move him by the Feb. 18 deadline they will go back to the drawing board and try to get something done in the offseason.

Hamilton has three years and $34 million remaining on his contract after this season.

http://[h3]Randolph will be an All-Star[/h3]
9:40AM ET

[h5]Zach Randolph | Grizzlies [/h5]

The Commercial-Appeal is reporting that Zach Randolph will be named an All-Star reserve. The official announcement will come tonight on TNT.

Randolph will make his first All-Star appearance during the Feb. 14 game in Dallas. He is averaging 20.9 points and 11.5 rebounds.

http://[h3]Taylor sent down, 10 days for Conroy[/h3]
9:35AM ET

[h5]Houston Rockets [/h5]

The Rockets are sending rookie Jermaine Taylor to the D-League's Rio Grande Valley Vipers and will sign Vipers point guard Will Conroy to a 10-day contract on Friday.

"The coaching staff felt (Taylor) has really helped himself doing what he can off the floor," Rockets' vice president of player personnel Gersson Rosas told the Houston Chronicle. "We all as a group want to see him in a game setting to see what he can apply at this point and how he can handle big minutes and more opportunity in real game situations.

"One of the great things, the coaches and player development guys spent a lot of time with JT, preparing him for the opportunity to play. There is a good window of games and the opportunity to go to the Vipers and take advantage of it."

http://[h3]Rockets want Iguodala?[/h3]
9:26AM ET

[h5]Andre Iguodala | 76ers [/h5]

Andre Iguodala's name has been in the rumor mill in potential deals to Cleveland and Houston. A source confirms to The Philadelphia Inquirer that the Rockets will only consider a deal sending Tracy McGrady to Philadelphia if Iguodala is part of the package.

Last night Iguodala said he would not be surprised if he is traded.

"Nothing is a surprise when you're 15-29 ... Nobody wants to be on the losing end, but when you are on the losing end, you have to make changes. I wouldn't be surprised [to be traded], but this is my job, so I just go out and try to be professional every day instead of worrying why they're trying to trade me versus someone else, being bitter about it."

Iguodala has around $56 million remaining on his contract after this season.

http://[h3]Bynum not going anywhere?[/h3]
9:23AM ET

[h5]Andrew Bynum | Lakers [/h5]

One major rumor thrown out over the past few weeks is a deal which would send Andrew Bynum to Toronto for Chris Bosh. Other players would have to be included to make the salaries match up. Steve Mason of ESPNLosAngeles.com weighs in on the rumor and doesn't think it will happen.

Mason writes: "The idea of Chris Bosh is pretty cool. I get it. He's a star. But, would he be happy as the 3rd option. Would he really want to 'eat' after Kobe Bryant and Pau Gasol? Who is to say that Bosh would play any better alongside Gasol than Bynum does? ... If they were to trade for Bosh, he would demand a max contract to stay, which would drive Dr. Buss' luxury tax higher. In fact, every dollar paid to Bosh above Bynum's $13.8 million would be taxed at 100 percent. In short, acquiring Bosh would be a budget-buster. So stop your desperate phone calls to Lakers Line. Andrew Bynum is not going anywhere."

http://[h3]Now what?[/h3]
9:06AM ET

[h5]Washington Wizards [/h5]

From The Washington Post:

"The holding company that owns a majority of the Washington Wizards and Verizon Center says it has the right to put the franchise and arena on the open market, throwing into question attempts by former AOL mogul Ted Leonsis to take full ownership of the sprawling regional sports empire. The news will probably complicate what has been a civil negotiations process between representatives of Leonsis, who owns the Washington Capitals, and the estate of the late Abe Pollin, who cobbled together the holding company, Washington Sports & Entertainment, over five decades."

http://[h3]Jamison not expecting a trade?[/h3]
8:59AM ET

[h5]Antawn Jamison | Wizards [/h5]

Antawn Jamison is a popular name in the rumor mill, especially if you're a fan of the Cleveland Cavaliers. Jamison, unlike some of his teammates, has a great relationship with the Wizards' management and doesn't think he'll be traded.

"I'm not going anywhere until they let my agent know," Jamison tells The Washington Post. "I got a pretty good relationship with (the Wizards' front office), and all things pointing forward is being here until my contract is over with, so that's my mind-frame."

"I've been playing for a while, and I know how rumors get started, trade rumors, this and that nature," Jamison continued, "but those guys have been looking at me in my face, and pretty much everything is staying put."

http://[h3]Boos expected[/h3]
8:48AM ET

[h5]Stephen Jackson | Bobcats [/h5]

The Charlotte Bobcats play in Oakland against the Golden State Warriors on Friday and Stephen Jackson, who forced his way off the team, knows he's not going to get a good welcome from the fans.

"I know I'm going to get booed," Jackson told the The Charlotte Observer. "I was booed while I was playing there, so I know I'm going to get booed. But I won't pay any attention; I get booed in 15 arenas. This won't be any different to me."

"Just some people are bitter. But that's part of the game," Jackson added. "It's not really going to be a factor of what the outcome of the game will be. This is about us being focused."

http://[h3]Blame it on politics?[/h3]
8:28AM ET

Andrew Bynum insists it will come down to politics if he doesn't get selected to the All-Star game by the coaches.

"If I didn't make it, I think it would be political more than anything," Bynum told The Press-Enterprise Wednesday. "That's just something I'll have to deal with. They've got people who are not centers who are listed at center."

http://[h3]Kobe feeling good?[/h3]
8:21AM ET

[h5]Kobe Bryant | Lakers [/h5]

Kobe Bryant has played though a broken finger, bad back, and sore elbow and over the last few games he has busted out of a shooting slump. What happened?

"You see me out there on the court, I'm bouncing around a lot more because I'm healthy," Bryant told the Los Angeles Times. "I can move around the court with a lot more energy and be more active. I'm feeling good."

http://[h3]Maggette-Nelson tiff over?[/h3]
8:07AM ET

[h5]Corey Maggette | Warriors [/h5]

Corey Maggette was not happy with head coach Don Nelson Tuesday night since Nelson would not back up Maggette after the forward got a technical foul. By yesterday everything seemed to be fine between them.

"If you saw (Maggette's) face, you wouldn't know about yesterday," Stephen Curry told the San Francisco Chronicle. "You wouldn't think anything was wrong with him."

"He was just off of a very tough game, so he was a little upset, but he'll get over it," Nelson said. "The last thing we needed was a technical at that time, especially two technicals. I thought we still had a chance to win it at that time."

http://[h3]Stoudemire trade more likely now?[/h3]
7:50AM ET

[h5]Amare Stoudemire | Suns [/h5]

Could Amare Stoudemire be playing himself out of Phoenix? Paul Coro of The Arizona Republic has some thoughts on the subject.

Coro writes: "Nobody is incurring more internal disappointment than Stoudemire, whose teammates wondered after recent games about his effort and focus. Stoudemire has said trade talk would not affect him, but his energy on the court has made him look as though he's halfway packed and ready to leave. It has reached the point that the Suns are more inclined to trade him before the Feb. 18 deadline if a palatable deal arises. At least nine teams are exploring a trade for Stoudemire. The Suns met with Stoudemire's agent a week ago but have not made him an extension offer and won't approach his desire for a five-year, maximum-salary deal."

According to Coro, the Suns are not as hesitant to move Stoudemire as they were last season.

http://[h3]Parker could miss a few games[/h3]
7:36AM ET

[h5]Tony Parker | Spurs [/h5]

Spurs point guard Tony Parker rolled his left ankle last night and he could miss a few games. X-rays were negative and he'll be re-examined today.

"Tony said it wasn't so bad, but he will probably miss a couple of games," Manu Ginobili told the San Antonio Express-News.

http://[h3]Does Martin prefer Kings or a trade?[/h3]
7:30AM ET

[h5]Kevin Martin | Kings [/h5]

Kevin Martin has been struggling since he returned from an injury. Martin knows rumors are out there that he could be trade, but he's not letting it get to him.

Martin wouldn't tell The Sacramento Bee Wednesday if he prefers to stay with the Kings or be traded.

"If I'm in Sacramento, I'll be happy," he said. "If I'm somewhere else, I'll be happy and with a smile on my face as long as I'm in the NBA. I'm prepared for whatever. I love being a King. Don't get me wrong. We've got a lot of young guys, and guys are going to develop into good players one day. It's going to be a winning team. You just don't know how long (it will take)."

Martin has three years and $36 million remaining on his contract after this season.

http://[h3]Agent creating leverage for Amare[/h3]
7:29AM ET

[h5]Amare Stoudemire | Suns [/h5]

This week we've had a lot of scuttlebutt about Amare Stoudemire. Is he going to be traded to New Jersey, Miami, Golden State, Chicago? What about San Antonio? Or, will he sign an extension?

Sources tell the San Antonio Express-News that Stoudemire's agent, Happy Walters, has been doing his best to create leverage for his client.

Stoudemire can sign an extension or become a free agent this summer.

"There are phone calls going back and forth every day between 30 teams," Spurs head coach Gregg Popovich said. "Anybody who tells you differently is lying to you. That's your job: Put together the best team you possibly can. Nobody is going to just sit there and not make any calls about anything. That's going on constantly. The chances of something happening are pretty slim, but everybody is always trying to improve their team. That's just part of the business. Everybody. Thirty teams are doing that."

http://[h3]Due diligence[/h3]
6:33AM ET

[h5]Miami Heat [/h5]

League and team sources confirmed Wednesday to The Miami Herald that Heat president Pat Riley is doing his "due diligence" in regards to what it would take to get Amare Stoudemire.

Miami would probably have to include Michael Beasley in any deal, but the Heat may not be willing to do that. They'd offer Jermaine O'Neal and draft picks to Phoenix, but the Suns would decline the offer.

http://[h3]Rondo difficult to market?[/h3]
6:02AM ET

[h5]Rajon Rondo | Celtics [/h5]

Rajon Rondo has been terrific this season and deserves to be an All-Star. He is well-spoken, but is difficult to market due to his reluctance to pursue marketing opportunities.

"He's not interested in that, though," agent Bill Duffy tells The Boston Globe. "He is basketball first. And a lot of stuff we present to him, he's not interested in.

"He's very, very selective about what he does and what he wants to involve himself with, but that's completely secondary to him."

Rondo has endorsement deals with Red Bull and Dunkin' Donuts.

http://[h3]Dumars not running for governor[/h3]
5:14AM ET

[h5]Detroit Pistons [/h5]

The Detroit Free Press reports there were rumors that Pistons president of basketball operations Joe Dumars was being pursued by the Democratic Party to run for governor, so Dumars issued the following statement on Wednesday.>

"I am flattered by and very much appreciate those who strongly believed I would make a formidable candidate and an effective governor for the state. But I am not a politician and do not have plans to run for public office. While I certainly will consider new and different business opportunities that come before me on the business front, my attention now is squarely focused on the Detroit Pistons.

"I love the state of Michigan and am optimistic about its future despite the difficult economic times and immense challenges currently on our doorstep. I wish the best to all the candidates running for important leadership positions in the months ahead."

http://[h3]Hammond's goal is flexibility[/h3]
4:54AM ET

[h5]Milwaukee Bucks [/h5]

Bucks general manager John Hammond goal is to stay away from high-dollar, long-term deals as he hopes to get the team under the cap in the next few years. With that said, he is willing to make a trade if the right deal comes his way.

"If the right opportunity comes up for us, the right player with a contract that we may not deem to be favorable, that doesn't mean we will necessarily say no to that," Hammond told the Journal Sentinel. "If it's the right player and a player we think we can move forward with and it might have an effect on our flexibility, we may still do a deal for that."

"Our future flexibility is still a primary requisite for us. And that's why I would say, with the potential new financial parameters we could be working under, we have to be careful moving forward," he added. "That's what you saw last summer. There was talk about the rich getting richer. Teams were saying, 'This is our opportunity now, we need to take advantage of that.'"
[/h3]

That $%!# better be a nickname.
roll.gif

EDIT: Iggy to the CAVS?! He could be Bron's Pippen. If we somehow land him, I will be looking like this (yes, the whole thing
laugh.gif
):

JJ Hickson playing like he really doesn't want to get traded lately.
pimp.gif
laugh.gif

[h3]Blame it on politics?[/h3]

Andrew Bynum insists it will come down to politics if he doesn't get selected to the All-Star game by the coaches.

"If I didn't make it, I think it would be political more than anything," Bynum told The Press-Enterprise Wednesday. "That's just something I'll have to deal with. They've got people who are not centers who are listed at center."

pffffft...whatever fool...you dont make the all-star game cause youre not consistent enough
eyes.gif

Originally Posted by UCLAMIKE

And what a shock the 2 players that wanted big roles with the suns but couldn't because Amare was there had a problem with him
Who is in Phoenix now that wants a bigger role but can't have it because of Stat?
nerd.gif

What do we chalk up all the rumors to now? Amare mad because he helped chase off all the talent and they suck now?

Originally Posted by westcoastsfinest

laugh.gif
indifferent.gif
Is he serious?? Does he know there will be real 7 footers playing so he'll go back to playing like a bum

what an idiot... if it were to come down to politics, he WOULD be in the game
smh.gif
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by nublee

what an idiot... if it were to come down to politics, he WOULD be in the game
smh.gif
laugh.gif

this.

laugh.gif
indifferent.gif
Is he serious?? Does he know there will be real 7 footers playing so he'll go back to playing like a bum

definitely this

Why do cav fans keep throwing out stupid trade ideas? You have nothing to give teams. You guys been praying for a blockbuster at the deadline for 3 years now and have come up empty each time

Speaking of cav fans we ever get a recap and pics of the kim k party?

Why do cav fans keep throwing out stupid trade ideas?
I've gone off of strictly rumored trades by credible sources...

You act like I'm just making random *$+! up.
laugh.gif
eyes.gif

As for the Kim K shenanigans...
smh.gif

Originally Posted by UCLAMIKE

Did anyone ask how marion was doing with the mavs? Some of yall clowns don't miss a chance to pimp your team or a player on
your team

And what a shock the 2 players that wanted big roles with the suns but couldn't because Amare was there had a proble
with him
[Edit: warned for name calling]

Sorry I forgot this was an NBA SEASON THREAD, sorry for mentioning an NBA team.

But anyways, if there were a few less options for the Lakers, Bynum #'s would inflate a ton, although they'd have fewer wins.

Back
Top Bottom